• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DickieDunn

Off-season moves

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Agreed.

I'd just assume let the GR kids play...If we end up missing the playoffs again, and have a solid chance at the top 3 picks for 2018 - I can live with that.

This

It's right time to tank/suck it...

Next year draft is deep and it's about time to see what our kids can do also. At the TD de should move Green for a 1st rounder, She could get us at least 3rd rounder... hopefully our drafting strategy will improve...

2 minutes ago, Dominator2005 said:

This

It's right time to tank/suck it...

Next year draft is deep and it's about time to see what our kids can do also. At the TD de should move Green for a 1st rounder, She could get us at least 3rd rounder... hopefully our drafting strategy will improve...

right bad sadly with the  way the draft is you could still get screwed out of the top pick look at the avs this year 

3 minutes ago, sjr2012 said:

right bad sadly with the  way the draft is you could still get screwed out of the top pick look at the avs this year 

There is a possibility but if we can get top 5-10 picks I say go for it. Streak is over and we needs to rebuild not retool

23 minutes ago, Dominator2005 said:

There is a possibility but if we can get top 5-10 picks I say go for it. Streak is over and we needs to rebuild not retool

Not if Holland is going to screw the pooch with his top 10 picks though. I agree though, this team needs a rebuild not a retool, and that starts by dumping all the salary we can, even if its for 7th round picks....E, Nyquist, Helm, Howard, etc...we need to open up about $20M in cap and be one of those team that needs to meet the cap floor.  Then we can maybe outbid some teams for a REAL upgrade to out team.

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Not if Holland is going to screw the pooch with his top 10 picks though. I agree though, this team needs a rebuild not a retool, and that starts by dumping all the salary we can, even if its for 7th round picks....E, Nyquist, Helm, Howard, etc...we need to open up about $20M in cap and be one of those team that needs to meet the cap floor.  Then we can maybe outbid some teams for a REAL upgrade to out team.

Agree but I don't see him moving E, Helm, LG, Howard, She... even Deke. I think that we can trade Nyquist but all other players are not movable. A true rebuild will start once that KH will leave... he's retooling once again 

We need an entire overhaul upstairs.  We don't need any of his assts. taking over with the same philosophy. We need an entire new coaching staff, and have about 6-8 players sold off for whatever we can get. I guarantee we can get 6 and 7th round picks for all the players mentioned above in a fire sale.  I don't care really. Of those players mentioned, I'd keep DD and Sheahan though.

I would start by asking them to submit their list of teams in their clause and then contact those teams and take low picks just to get rid of them.

1 hour ago, Dominator2005 said:

You don't need to tank to get top 10 pick. Do you think all 10 teams this year actually tanked? No.

Holland won't tank. But we'll still end up with a top pick most likely.

Edited by kickazz

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/06/detroit_red_wings_hoping_to_si_1.html

"Would they waive Mrazek instead, hoping he is claimed, which would clear $4 million from their cap? If he weren't claimed and assigned to the Giffins - which would be astounding considering how high the organization was on him just one year ago - only $1.025 million of his salary could be buried in the minors." 

Pure conjecture on the part of Khan, but if this is how Holland clears $4 million cap space or parts ways with Mrazek... I will seriously lose my s***.

1 minute ago, e_prime said:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/06/detroit_red_wings_hoping_to_si_1.html

"Would they waive Mrazek instead, hoping he is claimed, which would clear $4 million from their cap? If he weren't claimed and assigned to the Giffins - which would be astounding considering how high the organization was on him just one year ago - only $1.025 million of his salary could be buried in the minors." 

Pure conjecture on the part of Khan, but if this is how Holland clears $4 million cap space or parts ways with Mrazek... I will seriously lose my s***.

Nothing stupid he does surprises me anymore.

1 hour ago, e_prime said:

This would piss me off as well, though I have a feeling Mrazek has zero trade value right now.

16 minutes ago, kliq said:

This would piss me off as well, though I have a feeling Mrazek has zero trade value right now.

Which is why you play him -- even just as a backup. 

Edited by e_prime

5 hours ago, BadgerBob said:

I think/hope Thornton will stay. Seems like Marleau has wanted out the past few seasons. A man with a gambling problem playing in Vegas. Yikes haha.

I've been thinking about this - they might have a great home record for that reason, too. I'm looking forward for the first story about someone found on the strip, completely broken down, the night prior to a game. :lol:

just seen LUKE WITKOWSKI name mentioned in possible deal with Kenny by some Philly blogger, i know he's a Michigan kid, but 54 NHL games over 3 seasons and 27 yr old, that would be a totally left field pick up.

49 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

just seen LUKE WITKOWSKI name mentioned in possible deal with Kenny by some Philly blogger, i know he's a Michigan kid, but 54 NHL games over 3 seasons and 27 yr old, that would be a totally left field pick up.

Great, Mich kid. Good size. Right handed. Those are good things. Good deal. Nothing wrong with this. Very good.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30715-1383948254-18

58 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

He's the guy who injured Mantha in that fight towards the end of the season. I love fights, and tough players but we just signed Dylan McIlrath who would serve the exact same purpose if need be so I hope we don't sign Witkowski.

5 minutes ago, Detroit # 1 Fan said:

He's the guy who injured Mantha in that fight towards the end of the season. I love fights, and tough players but we just signed Dylan McIlrath who would serve the exact same purpose if need be so I hope we don't sign Witkowski.

Did you see the 2017 draft? This team is going for size and toughness now apparently 

2 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

I knew that name sounded familiar....

2 hours ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

I've been thinking about this - they might have a great home record for that reason, too. I'm looking forward for the first story about someone found on the strip, completely broken down, the night prior to a game. :lol:

My money is on Radulov :P 

1 hour ago, Detroit # 1 Fan said:

If we're actually interested in him, I say offer him 1 mill or less on a one year deal and see if he can make an impact in camp if he signs.. if not, we can bury the cap hit.