• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DickieDunn

Off-season moves

Rate this topic

There are two players I've always wanted in our organization, but they've signed with Montreal and Pittsburgh this season....Joe Morrow and Jarred Tinordi. I know they haven't really made it full time NHL yet, but I just always wished we could've gotten them off the wire somehow...its nice to see that they are still signing NHL contracts. 

They've both been around the block a few times since they were drafted, but ironically Morrow was drafted by Pit and is now in MTL and Tinordi was drafted by MTL and is now in PIT. 

We could've had Tinordi, but we chose Sheahan and Tinordi went next. Morrow went right before we were to pick in 2011 then we traded our 1st to get a 2nd snd drafted Jurco.

Edited by LeftWinger

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

There are two players I've always wanted in our organization, but they've signed with Montreal and Pittsburgh this season....Joe Morrow and Jarred Tinordi. I know they haven't really made it full time NHL yet, but I just always wished we could've gotten them off the wire somehow...its nice to see that they are still signing NHL contracts. 

They've both been around the block a few times since they were drafted, but ironically Morrow was drafted by Pit and is now in MTL and Tinordi was drafted by MTL and is now in PIT. 

How can you turn on Tippett and Hague like that?! :lol:

2 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

How can you turn on Tippett and Hague like that?! :lol:

Don't worry, there will be plenty of should've could've would've with Tippett. That one we will regret! Hague was gone in the 2nd so I can't be upset about that. Of course even if Tippett is scoring 30+ and Rasmussen is too, then it'll soften the pain a bit...

I'll always like Hague and will always mention him in trade scenarios and free agent signing for years to come!

They were two of my favorite players in the draft and I will always be a fan!

Oilers sign Jussi Jokinen to a 1-year deal

Kevin Klein retires from the NHL at 32 (Rangers have themselves a nice little flash rebuild going on)

Also spotted yesterday in Halifax...

zv0rj9ac038z.jpg

In case your wondering, from left to right: John Tavares, Shea Weber, Sydney Crosby, Dustin Byflugien, and Brad Marchand.

The 5 mil+ club

51 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Too cute

Handsome, sexy, edible.

18 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Oilers sign Jussi Jokinen to a 1-year deal

Kevin Klein retires from the NHL at 32 (Rangers have themselves a nice little flash rebuild going on)

Also spotted yesterday in Halifax...

zv0rj9ac038z.jpg

In case your wondering, from left to right: John Tavares, Shea Weber, Sydney Crosby, Dustin Byflugien, and Brad Marchand.

The 5 mil+ club

Dustin Byfuglien? :lol:

Hyman re-signs with Toronto. $2.25M per season. 

It's so nice to see 30 other teams having better rosters than ours. We have to hold on to garbage like Ericsson, Helm, Nyquist, Howard. If we can rid ourselves of that overpaid bunch of crap, we could actually look to make a splash and get better. But instead, we're going to have the highest payroll again and have the worst team...sorry, I'm just suck of this. The ******* streak is over, fire sale this *****!

Edited by LeftWinger

26 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

It's so nice to see 30 other teams having better rosters than ours. We have to hold on to garbage like Ericsson, Helm, Nyquist, Howard. If we can rid ourselves of that overpaid bunch of crap, we could actually look to make a splash and get better. But instead, we're going to have the highest payroll again and have the worst team...sorry, I'm just suck of this. The ******* streak is over, fire sale this *****!

1s5bs3.jpg

Less can be more exciting...dont know about you, but last season wasn't so exciting, and thus far, off season has been underwhelming. Guarantee Holland is off golfing somewhere. He screwed the pooch on expansion draft and day 1 of draft and will not trade away any assets to clear cap in order to reload correctly. We should be down at least $15M in cap right now. But no, we're at $2M and no room to even try to better this team,  because he won't trade picks or "loyal" players. Ericsson, Helm, Nyquist, Howard, Glendening, Abby...theyre all replaceable within the system now...

18 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Less can be more exciting...dont know about you, but last season wasn't so exciting, and thus far, off season has been underwhelming. Guarantee Holland is off golfing somewhere. He screwed the pooch on expansion draft and day 1 of draft and will not trade away any assets to clear cap in order to reload correctly. We should be down at least $15M in cap right now. But no, we're at $2M and no room to even try to better this team,  because he won't trade picks or "loyal" players. Ericsson, Helm, Nyquist, Howard, Glendening, Abby...theyre all replaceable within the system now...

How so?

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I just think he should've made a deal to lose a larger salary. I didn't like how he said he won't be making any deals.

Those deals usually cost assets.  Unless there's a reason to spend more money there's no reason to spend assets.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

This is a bit much.  The streak being over doesn't mean its time for a fire sale.  Also, the value of these players you listed is pretty low right now and selling low and buying FAs while their value is high is a sure way to continue to have cap problems.  The truth is I bet we'd get much better performances out of guys like Helm, Nyquist and Abdelkader if they weren't playing in their own end most of the game because the defensemen can't get the puck out of the zone.  This team, for as long as I can remember, have lived and died by its defensemen.  We don't have good defensemen right now and its affecting the team as a whole.  Its like the Wings forwards are this fancy Corvette, but its missing a steering wheel.  You wouldn't scrap the whole car because of that.  Just get what you need to make it complete.