No registered users viewing this page.

DickieDunn

Off-season moves

Rate this topic

29 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Tavares = 1st pick overall in 2009.

Palat = 7th rounder.

Johnson = undrafted.

Thank you for giving me their draft history lol.

With this ridiculous logic you don't trade Zach Bogosian (3rd overall in the 2008 draft) for Johnny Gaudreau (104th overall 2011 draft).

You really don't understand the value of an expiring contract do you? With this, and all your kicking and screaming about Smith at the deadline, it makes sense.

5 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah, I dont understand.  With your logic, we just need to sign Tatar to 7 years @ 5 mil per, extend Nyquist to 7 years @ 5.3 mil per, and then package them together for Tavares.  Apparently, teams are willing to give up their best and franchise player for (2) slightly above average guys.

Oh wait.  I get it now.  You are using the transitive property.  2 > 1 non expiring and 1 non expiring > 1 expiring.  Thus, 2 > 1 expiring.  I see.  Duhhhhh.  I'm like so dumb.  I dont understand anything.

Well, the better news is that we can package Kronwall and DeKeyser for Karlsson and Abdelkader and Nielsen for Evander Kane.  Lets re-up Ericsson and Green for 6 mil each so we can trade them for Drew Doughty next year.

Dude, we are set!

no

On 7/16/2017 at 6:20 PM, Euro_Twins said:

Ovie for tavares would be a plausible deal. No way Tampa gets tavares for those two. If so we can rival that deal no problem 

Ovie for Tavares is not a plausible deal -- unless, perhaps, Tavares puts it in writing that he'll sign with the Caps.

Johnson + Palat would be an overpayment -- unless, perhaps, Tavares puts it in writing that he'll sign with the Bolts.

If Garth Snow shops Tavares, it'll be because Tavares has informed him that he won't be re-signing with the Isles. Snow, then, would be in the unenviable position of having to trade him for something or lose him for nothing -- and every GM would know it. Snow, then, wouldn't have much in the way of leverage in any Tavares trade talks. Unless it's some form of sign-and-trade or there's a *Firm Handshake Agreement* or Tavares's agent has Darren Dreger put it out there that the team that trades for Tavares will have a very meaningful advantage over other teams re: signing him...you treat Tavares as a rental and negotiate with Snow accordingly.

33 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Ovie for Tavares is not a plausible deal -- unless, perhaps, Tavares puts it in writing that he'll sign with the Caps.

Johnson + Palat would be an overpayment -- unless, perhaps, Tavares puts it in writing that he'll sign with the Bolts.

If Garth Snow shops Tavares, it'll be because Tavares has informed him that he won't be re-signing with the Isles. Snow, then, would be in the unenviable position of having to trade him for something or lose him for nothing -- and every GM would know it. Snow, then, wouldn't have much in the way of leverage in any Tavares trade talks. Unless it's some form of sign-and-trade or there's a *Firm Handshake Agreement* or Tavares's agent has Darren Dreger put it out there that the team that trades for Tavares will have a very meaningful advantage over other teams re: signing him...you treat Tavares as a rental and negotiate with Snow accordingly.

ovie is 5 years older. So it would be a good trade. I'm certain they would have some kind of deal in place about signing with the caps 

4 hours ago, Dabura said:

If trading for Tavares puts a team over the top and they win the Cup, it'll be worth overpaying for him even if he walks.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Too bad Snow isn't that dumb

Fixed it

Just noticed the gif of Kenny boot in the tire around. Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure?...

Ken Holland and Garth Snow negotiating a trade. Co-authors on a new book. How to destroy two team's futures in one day.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Since he was so valuable and a superstar pick, I'll trade Rasmussen straight up for Tavares. I won't even ask them for their 1st round pick in 2018.

You would trade our 1st round pick for a rental when we are not a contender? And you rip into Holland lol.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

#RedWings signed RW Martin Frk to one-year deal. Two-way, $650,000 and $250,000.

This means if he doesnt make the Wings, he has to pass through waivers like last year....right?

3 minutes ago, kliq said:

You would trade our 1st round pick for a rental when we are not a contender? And you rip into Holland lol.

This means if he doesnt make the Wings, he has to pass through waivers like last year....right?

I was joking because nobody but Holland was horny to draft him at #9. The joke was that only Holland would think he was as valuable as Tavaras...obviously most of you think he's more valuable....and yes, Frk has to pass through waivers no matter what. It has nothing to do with 2-way or 1-way, that's for salary. 

To answer your question, yes I would trade him for Tavares. Of course with the understanding he re-sign a huge deal.

Not saying picking up Frk on waivers after losing him on waivers was a bad idea, but it's funny how former Wings players/prospects end up right back in the system. Don't see that as often with other teams, unless it was a former star coming back for another go, or final season to retire with that team.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, chaps80 said:

Not saying picking up Frk on waivers after losing him on waivers was a bad idea, but it's funny how former Wings players/prospects end up right back in the system. Don't see that as often with other teams, unless it was a former star coming back for another go, or final season to retire with that team.

Yes it is interesting...not sure if this is anything, but this guy's equipment just passed through my hands on its way to Grand Rapids. 

Edited by LeftWinger

57 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I was joking because nobody but Holland was horny to draft him at #9. The joke was that only Holland would think he was as valuable as Tavaras...obviously most of you think he's more valuable....and yes, Frk has to pass through waivers no matter what. It has nothing to do with 2-way or 1-way, that's for salary. 

To answer your question, yes I would trade him for Tavares. Of course with the understanding he re-sign a huge deal.

Well that is different, if he signed an extension I agree.

45 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

And they'll get Nosek back too after Vegas waives him.