• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DickieDunn

Off-season moves

Rate this topic

Malik is really good as passing other people's work as his own :P 

AA isn't going anywhere. And as much as I'd like to have Vanek back (under the right circumstances anyway), our interest in him is probably only as a backup plan for AAs potential study abroad. 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Here's a guy I would've liked to see get a PTO with us.

Why? Ryan White is a slightly s***tier / older version of Luke Glendening. 

You wanted to sign Will Butcher. You want to sign Ryan White. Neither of these guys would break the bank, but would still cost money against the cap. For a team that is in cap hell, still doesn't have enough money to sign Athanasiou, and has enough depth players, White is the last thing this team needs.

Sign these guys and ditch others. White is better than Glen, Butcher better than most our D, Booth just may make Sheahan tradable. This team needs change, it needs new blood. AA needs to be signed, players need to be let go. Trade them for futures, but trade them nonetheless.

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Sign these guys and ditch others. White is better than Glen, Butcher better than most our D, Booth just may make Sheahan tradable. This team needs change, it needs new blood. AA needs to be signed, players need to be let go. Trade them for futures, but trade them nonetheless.

Glendening is better than White. Butcher has never played a game pro, and likely isn't better than half our defensemen, let alone "most". Sheahan is better than Booth. But yeah, let's just make change for the sake of change. The grass is always greener...

7 hours ago, amato said:

Malik is really good as passing other people's work as his own :P 

I call him Capt. Cut-n-paste for a reason

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

No he isn't

Butcher signed with NJ, and no he isn't

Booth sucks more than Sheahan, and Sheahan made himself difficult to trade

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Glendening is better than White. Butcher has never played a game pro, and likely isn't better than half our defensemen, let alone "most". Sheahan is better than Booth. But yeah, let's just make change for the sake of change. The grass is always greener...

You nailed it. Change does not automatically equal progress. Butcher is a run of the mill Dman. White is a run of the mill grinder. But to lefty tippett, butcher, and white = franchise saviors. Sure theyre useful, but there no more life changing than AA, Green, or Mrazek are. You wont regret or miss siginging any of them in our position.

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Why did this gut never get a solid chance here? Is it because Holland liked his vets too much back then? By reading the article, it sounds like he'd be a great fit here. Oh well....

If I remember right he had some serious health issues that made him miss a lot of hockey. I think he missed a full season for having a blood clot in his shoulder back around 2012. By the time he got his game back it was too late.

23 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Why did this gut never get a solid chance here? Is it because Holland liked his vets too much back then? By reading the article, it sounds like he'd be a great fit here. Oh well....

My basement flooded on Tuesday....damn you Holland!!!

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

This is supposed to be serious, isn't it? Like a legitimate, non-joke, you-really-want-to-know, real question/complaint.

I probably shouldn't be, but I am surprised.