• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kliq

Tippet and Arizona part ways

Rate this topic

Hmm...quite the conundrum.

On the one hand, once upon a time Tippett was able to squeeze quite a bit out of a (seemingly) nothing-much roster. On the second hand, over the last few years his teams have looked like they're actually trying to collect all the suck.

Then there's a small part of me that hopes Tippett is eaten by CHUDs for permanently ruining everyone's ability to intelligently evaluate defensemen, but a different, crueler part of me thinks it would be even better if he came here, failed, and his legion of followers turned on him like a swarm of Africanized bees (who I assume like to turn on each other...I don't know much about bees). But then another, more rational part of me thinks he's probably better than Blashill, which then reminds the cruel part of me that it's very disappointed that "Blashole" hasn't been more widely adopted as his go-to derogatory nickname, and would welcome even the insufferableness of Tippett fans if he were to come here and succeed just so I could stop thinking about it.

I may have lost count, but I think that adds up to a yes.

45 minutes ago, kickazz said:

In order to get Tippet we have to not have a coach. We have a coach. In order to not have a coach we need to fire him. Our coach isn't getting fired. 

Move along, nothing to see here. 

If Montreal could do it mid season after julien got "the axe" what's stoping us? We could....do it....dammit kickazz! Why do u need to ruin my fun and make me think logically! 

15 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Gotta stick with The Blash Man, he has an awesome process.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Just because he doesn't get "wins" or his plays don't lead to "goals" or his d doesn't "stop pucks from going to the net" and his goalies don't "make saves" doesn't mean he is a bad coach.

leErPNS.gif

Edited by kliq

I'd love to see Tippet in Detroit.  He did pretty well with Dallas when he was there and got the Coyotes to the playoffs twice despite having very little talent on that roster.  He always gets great play out of the goalie position too.  Unfortunately, Blash isn't going anywhere anytime soon and I doubt Tippet would take a assistant coach position here.

I'd love to see Tippet in Detroit.  He did pretty well with Dallas when he was there and got the Coyotes to the playoffs twice despite having very little talent on that roster.  He always gets great play out of the goalie position too.  Unfortunately, Blash isn't going anywhere anytime soon and I doubt Tippet would take a assistant coach position here.

Guy has done it in Dallas and Arizona both teams with ownership troubles, not a lot of talent despise OEL, Benn. Would love to see what Tippet and Maloney could do with an open checkbook.

Apparently Tippett was very upset about the Mike Smith trade and with the way Shane Doan was treated. Sounds like the now total owner Barroway and he don't see eye to eye, and Barroway wanted him out.

Also worth noting... the draft is right around the corner and Arizona does not have 1. a head coach 2. a captain (although likely will be OEL) 3. a CEO 4. a president of operations 5. a #1 goalie 6. a #1 center

lulz

9 hours ago, Buppy said:

Hmm...quite the conundrum.

On the one hand, once upon a time Tippett was able to squeeze quite a bit out of a (seemingly) nothing-much roster. On the second hand, over the last few years his teams have looked like they're actually trying to collect all the suck.

Then there's a small part of me that hopes Tippett is eaten by CHUDs for permanently ruining everyone's ability to intelligently evaluate defensemen, but a different, crueler part of me thinks it would be even better if he came here, failed, and his legion of followers turned on him like a swarm of Africanized bees (who I assume like to turn on each other...I don't know much about bees). But then another, more rational part of me thinks he's probably better than Blashill, which then reminds the cruel part of me that it's very disappointed that "Blashole" hasn't been more widely adopted as his go-to derogatory nickname, and would welcome even the insufferableness of Tippett fans if he were to come here and succeed just so I could stop thinking about it.

I may have lost count, but I think that adds up to a yes.

So what you're saying is Tippett's Lost Mustache was the source of his power and we need to find it and give it to Blashill to wear like some kind of half-assed yamaka.

I can get behind this.

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Apparently Tippett was very upset about the Mike Smith trade and with the way Shane Doan was treated. Sounds like the now total owner Barroway and he don't see eye to eye, and Barroway wanted him out.

Also worth noting... the draft is right around the corner and Arizona does not have 1. a head coach 2. a captain (although likely will be OEL) 3. a CEO 4. a president of operations 5. a #1 goalie 6. a #1 center

lulz

Sounds like Barroway is on a bit of a power trip canning everyone and Tippett wanted no part of that.

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

lulz

"The Arizona franchise has been a great success!" 

-Bettman, probably :lol:

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

BOOOOOOOOOO, friggin vultures man

I know, I'd like Nelson to stay put, especially given that Blashill is on the bubble and it'd be nice to have Nelson take the reigns if Blash can't turn this team around.

On 6/23/2017 at 11:20 AM, Dabura said:

Rest easy, Griffins fans

The Arizona Coyotes’ search for a new head coach might be coming to an end.

According to TSN hockey analyst Darren Dreger, there’s a good chance that they’ll give the job to Penguins assistant Rick Tocchet

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/07/06/report-good-possibility-that-coyotes-will-name-rick-tocchet-as-head-coach/