• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Keep Your Stick On the Ice

Artemi Panarin to Blue Jackets for Brandon Saad

Rate this topic

33 minutes ago, amato said:

A Chicago area friend said that the rumors floating around there are that more moves are on the way to dump cap and try to sign Oshie.. I don't see how they could swing it but that'd be crazy. 

Trade Anisimov + Oduya for Patrick Sharp

Sign Kris Versteeg and Anti Niemi

Make Kaner and Taze happy again

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Trade Anisimov + Oduya for Patrick Sharp

Sign Kris Versteeg and Anti Niemi

Make Kaner and Taze happy again

What about Byfuglien?? Also, you missed the likely fourth step after those three...  miss playoffs :D 

15 minutes ago, amato said:

theres the Oshie rumor from a more notable source than my Chicago area friend :P 

If losing Panarin gets them Saad AND Oshie, I'd say thats a damn good deal for Bowman. 

3 minutes ago, ShanahanMan said:

If losing Panarin gets them Saad AND Oshie, I'd say thats a damn good deal for Bowman. 

True. They'd have to clear some cap though.. They're rumored to be trading Kruger soon but that's only 3 mill. Maybe they have more moves up their sleeve.

That and Oshie will likely have to take less.. but if he were doing that, why wouldn't he just do that in Washington? He seems to like it there and they say they want him back but might not be able to afford it. 

17 minutes ago, ShanahanMan said:

Panarin and Saad make the same amount. If they get Oshie, they could have just as easily done it with Panarin.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So far the Hawks are down one Panarin, one Hjalmarsson, one TVR, and plus one Saad.

Chrissy likes

And still over the cap.

(Yeah, I'm sure they'll figure out something with Hossa, and you forgot +1 Murphy, but still...)

Chicago's cap woes are FINALLY catching up to them. They've lost good players before, but not guys like Panarin, Hjalmarsson, and Hossa. Was bound to happen with $20 mill for two players and 8 guys with NMCs. But they won three cups in five seasons, so I guess it evens out for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. They'd have to clear some cap though.. They're rumored to be trading Kruger soon but that's only 3 mill. Maybe they have more moves up their sleeve.
That and Oshie will likely have to take less.. but if he were doing that, why wouldn't he just do that in Washington? He seems to like it there and they say they want him back but might not be able to afford it. 

I thought Bowman had a side deal with Vegas that in exchange for exposing TVR to them, Kruger had to also be taken in a trade of some type? Guess that didn't work out for him?

Just now, chaps80 said:

I thought Bowman had a side deal with Vegas that in exchange for exposing TVR to them, Kruger had to also be taken in a trade of some type? Guess that didn't work out for him?

Not sure what's going on with that.. it appears there's still a trade agreed on but hasn't been announced yet? Saw a post somewhere saying something vague like "Hossa situation complicates things." So maybe they want to wait until they can put Hossa on LTIR? I don't know.. 

Not sure what's going on with that.. it appears there's still a trade agreed on but hasn't been announced yet? Saw a post somewhere saying something vague like "Hossa situation complicates things." So maybe they want to wait until they can put Hossa on LTIR? I don't know.. 

Ahh, good ol cap problems...

Man, did that Hossa skin issue pop up at just the right time. Out for the season, owed $1 million, cap hit of $5 million plus. Still a great player, but I bet they're happy to get relief from that contract for a season at least. Sneakyyyyy.