• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Keep Your Stick On the Ice

Artemi Panarin to Blue Jackets for Brandon Saad

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, shocky2002 said:

All of this because they're paying Jonathan Toews 10 million a year for average 2nd line center productions. Amazing. 

This may be the first time I actually 100% agree with you.

Oh look a thread about Panarin for Saad magically turned into a "Toews sucks" discussion. Altough  the guy is better than everyone on the Wings, has won everything that there is to win and has a GM who's willing to make tough decisions whatever.

Will be interesting to see how Panarin does without Kane and the Keith-Seabrook top pairing.

23 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Oh look a thread about Panarin for Saad magically turned into a "Toews sucks" discussion. Altough  the guy is better than everyone on the Wings, has won everything that there is to win and has a GM who's willing to make tough decisions whatever.

Will be interesting to see how Panarin does without Kane and the Keith-Seabrook top pairing.

Found the taze slappy

9 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

it's called hardware and work ethic to back it up no matter how often keyboard experts try to use intangibles as something funny

let's see Panarin without Kane

Tomas Holmstrom has 4 Stanley cups so he's better than Toews hahahahahah. Good one Frank. 

7 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

His contract is the reason why these moves need to be made, so of course it is going to be discussed. But hey, he has always been on good teams so he must be elite. Hopefully he can win one more and get to that McCarty/Holstrom/Draper level right. Because that's how you evaluate a persons talent, cups! Too bad Yzerman was never at the level of those three, if only he played 2 more years.

50 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

it's called hardware and work ethic to back it up no matter how often keyboard experts try to use intangibles as something funny

let's see Panarin without Kane

Says a person constantly making strong opinions about about Towes like a fan boy using his keyboard lol. Oh the irony. 

I think Panarin will be just fine in Columbus. It's not like they're a bad team. Bad playoff team though. He may miss Kane and Keith, but Seabrook isn't as good as he once was. He'll have Atkinson, Wennberg, Werenski, Foligno, Jenner, Gagner, Jones, Bobrovsky. He'll be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

Your on some good s***. send me some.

6 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Judging by all the off topic crap the stuff you guys are using is much better so pass it through or name it

No. YOU made it off topic. Nobody said anything about "Toews sucks" all that was said by Shocky2002 was basically that they can't afford Panarin because Toews is making 10 million and is about as good as a 2nd line center (which he is factually). Then YOU decided to victimize Toews and proceed with the offtopic. See below. 

11 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

Nobody said Toews sucks. And most of your post is talking about Toews for some reason, then you throw in a short line about Panarin and then somehow something about Keith. 

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

I think Panarin will be just fine in Columbus. It's not like they're a bad team. Bad playoff team though. He may miss Kane and Keith, but Seabrook isn't as good as he once was. He'll have Atkinson, Wennberg, Werenski, Foligno, Jenner, Gagner, Jones, Bobrovsky. He'll be good.

If you go to the Blackhawks HOF boards, Seabrook has become their version of E. He just gets bashed because of his contract.

If you go to the Blackhawks HOF boards, Seabrook has become their version of E. He just gets bashed because of his contract.

E doesn't get bashed just because of his contract though.

4 hours ago, kliq said:

Same with Seabrook, both are bashed because of a long contract + regression. 

Seabrook has much farther to regress to reach Ericsson levels.  Still, wasn't Big Rig playing with an injured hand for a while?

I hope this comes back to bite Chicago hard.  Columbus got better, imho, with probably their biggest scoring threat ever (yes, better than Nash, imho).

1 hour ago, TheXym said:

Seabrook has much farther to regress to reach Ericsson levels.  Still, wasn't Big Rig playing with an injured hand for a while?

I hope this comes back to bite Chicago hard.  Columbus got better, imho, with probably their biggest scoring threat ever (yes, better than Nash, imho).

For the record, I am not saying Seabrook is at E's level, my comparison was the level of hate that he is getting from the fanbase due to the contract. That is what is similar between the two.

Then again, E has 3 years left at 4.25mil, Seabrook has 7 years left at 6.875 which is why he gets it so hard. If Seabrook was 3 years at 4.25, I dont think Chicago fans would mind at all.

26 minutes ago, kliq said:

For the record, I am not saying Seabrook is at E's level, my comparison was the level of hate that he is getting from the fanbase due to the contract. That is what is similar between the two.

Then again, E has 3 years left at 4.25mil, Seabrook has 7 years left at 6.875 which is why he gets it so hard. If Seabrook was 3 years at 4.25, I dont think Chicago fans would mind at all.

I didn't think you were.  Rapid fire posting before I had to help my sister with some stuff made me more succinct than I should have been.  I agree with you in fact.  If Seabrook wasn't so highly paid they would probably still love him.  Ericsson is a popular whipping boy, in many cases it is deserved, but he doesn't get credit when he does do something well.  Sadly I see the same thing happening to Seabrook.