• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Keep Your Stick On the Ice

Breaking News

Rate this topic

True or False? In what was viewed as a potentially a very weak draft class, Detroit just managed to pull off one of the most f*cked up first-round picks in franchise history.

..........Neither. You have no idea and neither does Red Wings organization for another few years. That is all.

Does Mantha look as good as anyone picked ahead of him in his draft? Sure does to me... The point is you don't know. The Wings wanted to get bigger and that's what they did. Ras could be the biggest steal at 9 or he could be a bust. We don't know. 

I know. I'm from the future. My name is John Titor.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I cant stand everyone bitching that we messed up with this draft!! You cannot tell until years down the road!!! What if our 1st round pick scores 40 goals his first year in the league, will you still be bitching??? Lets see how it pans out before we keep bitching over and over!!!! 

You really felt the need to post your own thread on this subject which is discussed for almost 80 pages in the draft thread? 

I feel like I'm doing a disservice to all by bumping this thread up the list, but I really wanted to call you out on the annoying, petty attention-seeking post.

Sorry, ya'll.

I cant stand everyone bitching that we messed up with this draft!! You cannot tell until years down the road!!! What if our 1st round pick scores 40 goals his first year in the league, will you still be bitching??? Lets see how it pans out before we keep bitching over and over!!!! 

If he turns out to be the right pick, and I hope he does, I'll admit I'm wrong. But I don't think he is, so I'm going to express that.

In 2022... Did the Wings win the cup?

No, Holland stays in control another 6 years and it takes several years to fix his mess. 2031 is the next Cup, commissioner Crosby looked sick to his stomach handing the Cup over.

I'll give the Wing the benefit of the doubt for now. It's all best guess. The wings look for certain qualities in the players they draft. I'll trust they saw something in these kids. In 5 years we can all revisit and complain then. For now its matter of opinion.

Their are a few folks on this board who need to send a resume to Little Caesars Arena...  Because they're apparently draft experts. 

You don't need to be a draft expert to see Rasmussen not getting primary assists, which is something centers generally pick up, and that he looks like he might be limited in the NHL. You don't need to be a draft expert to see that the Wings have needs at center and D and they used the 9th pick to get a guy who looks a lot more like a winger than a center.

21 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

You don't need to be a draft expert to see Rasmussen not getting primary assists, which is something centers generally pick up, and that he looks like he might be limited in the NHL. You don't need to be a draft expert to see that the Wings have needs at center and D and they used the 9th pick to get a guy who looks a lot more like a winger than a center.

Right, kid looks a lot like Larkin and AA. He'll probably be a winger like them.

i hope were wrong and ras comes through i rmember beung really high on him at the start of the year and wanting him but than he trailed off alittle im 50/50 on it i hope he pulls through and excels in the roll and becomes a soild 2nd C and larkin and AA on the top line in some form 

Edited by sjr2012

3 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

I truthfully don't know the answer to this question, does anyone know the shooting % of his wingers? Is he playing with studs on the Wing? Or he is playing with below average goal scorers? I've never seen him play, so I dont know.

Wonder if as Ras moves along in his career he'll end up as slow as Hatcher and other huge guys? Get a few good years, then he starts having problems. He's huge for his age, which is not always good for longetivity. Could start having bad knees and other things faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone remember guys like Lidstrom, Kronwall, and Datsyuk? What about Zata? Go back and look where they were drafted. Just because they didn't pick the top notch players doesn't mean the draft was a failure. "I'm not looking for the best players; I'm looking for the right players" Herb Brooks

Anyone remember guys like Lidstrom, Kronwall, and Datsyuk? What about Zata? Go back and look where they were drafted. Just because they didn't pick the top notch players doesn't mean the draft was a failure. "I'm not looking for the best players; I'm looking for the right players" Herb Brooks

Not many, if any, complaints about picks 3rd round back. I'm not sure what you point is unless it's they might get lucky and find another late round star

Petruzelli seems to be the Wings best pick if you read all the tons of media reactions out there. They're second pick, who's name I forget, supposedly had a few GMs on the edge of their seat waiting to pounce if Detroit passed on him, and told the staff congrats on it. Rasmussen seems to have more questions than anything for a 9th overall, especially with other players other teams wanted if they had picked that high still on the board and would have passed on Ras. 

But whatever, it's done. Hopefully he can make an impact and stay healthy as a big man in the NHL. Hopefully he can lug that big frame around with good speed, like Pronger could. Then again, he's no Pronger.

22 hours ago, kliq said:

I truthfully don't know the answer to this question, does anyone know the shooting % of his wingers? Is he playing with studs on the Wing? Or he is playing with below average goal scorers? I've never seen him play, so I dont know.

I doubt anyone actually knows, but there were a handful of decent scorers on his team if that means anything. Seems likely he was used more as a shooter rather than playmaker this year. I don't think it really matters though. He had a pretty good assist rate on the PP, to go along with his top goal rate. Last year as a 16yo rookie, he had 18 ES assists, which was probably pretty good for his age bracket (and probably middle of the pack among all players). Most of the scouting reports say he's a good passer/playmaker.

It's one stat, from one season, from a 17 year old. People should keep that in mind. Maybe it was just a fluke, maybe it's something he needs to get better at. No one in this draft is going to amount to anything in the NHL if they don't improve from where they are now.