• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Keep Your Stick On the Ice

Michael Rasmussen

Rate this topic

On 6/25/2017 at 9:56 PM, theman19 said:

Does anyone else think Todd bertuzzi when they see this kid in high lights? Big as hell, pillow soft hands around the net....

no

On 6/26/2017 at 11:17 AM, robb himself said:

I cant wait for everyone to eat crow on this kid.

I hope I will, but I doubt it.  Bigger David Clarkson, not what they needed at 9.

On 6/27/2017 at 2:20 PM, DickieDunn said:

no

I hope I will, but I doubt it.  Bigger David Clarkson, not what they needed at 9.

Thank you for your feedback. What exactly about his game makes you think he's a bigger David Clarkson?

2 hours ago, Dominator2005 said:

So far people are calling him Chris Gratton 2.0 or Wayne Primeau 2.0.... hopefully he will be better than either of those two and hopefully he will end up as top 6 foward

At 9th overall he better be better than a top 6 forward, he better be a top line forward

Raz will be fine. It will take him 2-3 years to be ready but in time he will be a top 6 F for us. I expect him to go back to juniors this year and put up 50g 120 points. Then 1-2 years in GR. I have said it since we drafted him, I see a young Keith Primeau. At worst a young Eric Daze. Depending if he is a C or a LW.

On 2017-09-22 at 11:02 PM, Richdg said:

Raz will be fine. It will take him 2-3 years to be ready but in time he will be a top 6 F for us. I expect him to go back to juniors this year and put up 50g 120 points. Then 1-2 years in GR. I have said it since we drafted him, I see a young Keith Primeau. At worst a young Eric Daze. Depending if he is a C or a LW.

I think everyone would be thrilled if he puts up anything close to those type of numbers. Unfortunately, I think that's a tad unrealistic. I see him putting up 35-40 goals, 70-80 points.

14 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I think everyone would be thrilled if he puts up anything close to those type of numbers. Unfortunately, I think that's a tad unrealistic. I see him putting up 35-40 goals, 70-80 points.

Thats what he did last year while missing 1/3 of the season. I expect him to be more productive-if healthy. Just like Mantha did his final year in junior. Either way it don't really matter because it is junior. Its what he does for the RW's in a few years that matters.

17 hours ago, Richdg said:

Thats what he did last year while missing 1/3 of the season. I expect him to be more productive-if healthy. Just like Mantha did his final year in junior. Either way it don't really matter because it is junior. Its what he does for the RW's in a few years that matters.

Where are you getting your stats? He didn't put up close to those numbers last year, unless you're talking points per game...

55 points (32 goals, 23 assists) in 50 games.

I hope you're right and he has a HUGE breakout year.

13 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Where are you getting your stats? He didn't put up close to those numbers last year, unless you're talking points per game...

55 points (32 goals, 23 assists) in 50 games.

I hope you're right and he has a HUGE breakout year.

That is what I was tlaking about. a point per game.

I was more pissed about the players we passed over (Vilardi / Liljegren) than I was actually taking Rasmussen, but I'll be more than willing to eat crow if he turns out to be a stud. I'll admit he has looked very good in these pre-season games, which is great, but it's still early in his development. I'm still not sure if he can become a legit 1C, which is what you should expect from a top 10 pick, but a 2C wouldn't be the worst thing. Really rooting for this kid. Still a boom or bust in my eyes...

On 26.9.2017 at 1:36 PM, krsmith17 said:

I'm still not sure if he can become a legit 1C, which is what you should expect from a top 10 pick...

Uhhm no? Looking back than 10 years the best player drafted 9th would probably be Logan Couture who's still a 2C. Lots of decent players drafted 9th but essentially no superstars. Players like Ehlers, Horvat, Trouba or Granlund as well as my countryman Meier who's likely to break out next season. You also got some who didn't work out quite that well. Cowen or Bailey for example. If you go further back it gets even worse with the likes of Sheppard, Lee, Smid, Taticek, Ruutu, Krahn, Lundmark or Rupp. Phaneuf would be the exception.

The wings picked a solid player here. I'd take him over Vilardi and that Swedish defenseman any day of the week.

Edited by poel

1 hour ago, poel said:

Uhhm no? Looking back than 10 years the best player drafted 9th would probably be Logan Couture who's still a 2C. Lots of decent players drafted 9th but essentially no superstars. Players like Ehlers, Horvat, Trouba or Granlund as well as my countryman Meier who's likely to break out next season. You also got some who didn't work out quite that well. Cowen or Bailey for example. If you go further back it gets even worse with the likes of Sheppard, Lee, Smid, Taticek, Ruutu, Krahn, Lundmark or Rupp. Phaneuf would be the exception.

The wings picked a solid player here. I'd take him over Vilardi and that Swedish defenseman any day of the week.

Maybe "expect" was a port choice of words here. What I meant was "hope for". Any time you get a top 10 pick, you should aim to draft a top line forward or top pair defenseman. I still don't think Rasmussen was the best player available, but he has definitely impressed me in training camp / preseason. I'm not sure if he will develop into a top center, which we were hoping for with the 9th overall pick, but 2C isn't out of the question. I would have taken Vilardi, but that's personal preference. Who knows who will end up being the better player...

9 hours ago, Richdg said:

Update on stats. 8 games played, 4 goals, 5 assists, 10 Pims. Not a bad start at all. Over a full season thats what? 40+ goals 50+ assists 100+ PIMs. I will take that.

Yeah, not bad. Still not where I'd like to see him though. He's 71st in points, and 56th in points per game. Not great for a big centerman drafted 9th overall. Same as last season, most of his production is coming on the power-play. 3 of his 4 goals have been scored with the man advantage. I'd like to see him score more at even strength. Also, he's on pace for 36 goals and 45 assists, which is pretty much what I predicted he'd score. Again, good but not great. Hopefully he can pick up the pace and score at more of a 1.5+ points per game pace, rather than the 1.125 he's currently scoring at.

Why do you include his penalty minutes as a positive? I've never understood that. Penalties hurt your team, they don't benefit. Granted, I just looked up his penalties over his first 8 games, and I guess if there's a positive I take out of the number of penalties he's taken, it's that most show he's playing aggressive (roughing, charging, cross-checking), rather than lazy (holding, hooking, slashing, tripping). Still, I'd like to see him cut his PIM's in half.

14 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, not bad. Still not where I'd like to see him though. He's 71st in points, and 56th in points per game. Not great for a big centerman drafted 9th overall. Same as last season, most of his production is coming on the power-play. 3 of his 4 goals have been scored with the man advantage. I'd like to see him score more at even strength. Also, he's on pace for 36 goals and 45 assists, which is pretty much what I predicted he'd score. Again, good but not great. Hopefully he can pick up the pace and score at more of a 1.5+ points per game pace, rather than the 1.125 he's currently scoring at.

Why do you include his penalty minutes as a positive? I've never understood that. Penalties hurt your team, they don't benefit. Granted, I just looked up his penalties over his first 8 games, and I guess if there's a positive I take out of the number of penalties he's taken, it's that most show he's playing aggressive (roughing, charging, cross-checking), rather than lazy (holding, hooking, slashing, tripping). Still, I'd like to see him cut his PIM's in half.

So you don't like Gordie Howe? A tough physical player? You get PIM's. Far to many soft fall on the ice types on our team.

As for his points we are 8 games in. Lets wait till half way before we jump to any major conclusions. He is off to a good start-which was my point. Considering he is coming off a broken wrist, a very good start. As for how he scores why do so many care? Scoring 30 goals is scoring 30 goals. Be it even, short handed, or on the PP. Its the total that matters. If we beat a team 3 to 1 with all 3 coming on the PP did we not still win? If we lose 5 to 4 and all 4 came even strength did we not still lose? yes!