• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Keep Your Stick On the Ice

Michael Rasmussen

Rate this topic

53 minutes ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

So are we all in agreement that he makes the starting roster next year?

He could be headed to Grand Rapids tomorrow, if Tri-City lose tonight. If that's the case, he could be in the Griffins lineup for game 5 on Monday. If they win that game, go on a bit of a run, and Rasmussen plays well, it could be a huge step in making the team out of camp this fall. Of course he's going to need a big summer and training camp, but I think he has a good shot in making the team out of camp next season.

17 hours ago, Gniwder said:

The Larkin era is over

Rasmussen is the 1C and he will be the 1C going forward

Get used to it Dyl-tards

He'll be an important part of the team, but he lacks the puck skills to be a 1C, maybe even as a 2C. Long term I think he fits best on the wing as a power forward and a killer net-front presence on the pp.

Until we get that offensive top 6 center, I definitely see Veleno and Ras assuming the middle 6 center roles. I just think Veleno is a more effective 3C than Ras would be, as I feel Ras has more impact on the wing. 

Having said that, I'd happily eat the crow if Ras grows into a legit top 6 center.  

On 5/7/2021 at 4:54 AM, marcaractac said:

He'll be an important part of the team, but he lacks the puck skills to be a 1C, maybe even as a 2C. Long term I think he fits best on the wing as a power forward and a killer net-front presence on the pp.

Until we get that offensive top 6 center, I definitely see Veleno and Ras assuming the middle 6 center roles. I just think Veleno is a more effective 3C than Ras would be, as I feel Ras has more impact on the wing. 

Having said that, I'd happily eat the crow if Ras grows into a legit top 6 center.  

pretty acurate

This is the end of the line for Michael Rasmussen as a prospect IMO. He's played well over 200+ games for the Wings, and he will be 25 in April. 

We need to see him perform at a high level this year. Sounds like Derek is planning on playing him on the wing this season, exactly where he belongs. He's going to get mad opportunity as possibly our top LW this year. 

This is portably the guy we should most be watching closely.