• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

One that got away?

Rate this topic

A minute-munching defenseman that can be relied upon to provide defensive stability, as well as some offensive dynamic. Skates strikingly well, and is quick to notice small openings where he can initiate puck rushes and passing plays. Possesses solid puckhandling and individual skills. Can really protect the puck with his stocky frame and set of hands. All-in-all, a defenseman that offers a lot of positives at both ends of the ice, and can do all of the little things quite well. 

This kid is still only 20, is a RH 6' 223lb D and has just put up 75 pionts, all be it in the QJAAAHL but he was a team mate of Svech in the Q. I cant believe he has never been drafted. Maybe something behind the scenes but i would have thought he was worth a look or invite at camp somewhere.

2 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

and i thought you guys were hard core hockey fans i gave enough clues !! lol

i guess it would have helped, Loik Léveillé.

That's probably one of the weirdest, most far out there names to guess. Haha

Was invited to Oilers camp in summer of 2015 and didn't get even an AHL contract offer.. maybe he's improved since then but as far as "things he needs to work on" back in 2015 goes, he doesn't sound great.. 

...commits to the rush way too often. He is a decent straightline skater and shows good bursts of speed through the neutral zone, but first couple steps need work. On the defensive side; he has just average backwards skating ability; feet look a little heavy, pivots and crossover need work. He does play with intensity, takes the body, but a lot of his decisions are a little high risk/reward type. He has a heavy shot that needs to find the net more often. A chance to be an NHL Prospect but will need to improve mobility and decisions.

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/undrafted-defenceman-loik-leveille-is-an-intriguing-edmonton-oilers-camp-invitee

Edited by amato