• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kickazz

Ken Holland contract extension watch

Rate this topic

Will Ken Holland's contract be extended by Chris and Marian Illitch?   

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

I think if you made Petr our clear cut #1 by dealing Howard then we could really see what hes capable of.  Risky but Id definitely be willing to see 

I agree...I am all for the deal that was talking about bringing Halak in. He could be Petr's backup for the rest of the season. Then we can re-address the situation come July. Although, if he traded Petr for a better return, I'd be all for that too!  I still don't qualify Petr and let him become a UFA, then I'd offer him a contract around $2M per season, if he can get more somewhere else, fine. I then offer Halak a small deal to stay on.

Edited by LeftWinger

Coreau was pretty bad. He wasn’t any better than Mrazek. He also started the WC, which was a huge snub to Mrazek.

I believe Coreau getting the starts he did, especially the WC, was Blash trying to show Mrazek that he won’t play continually with the effort he was putting out regardless of who is behind him. And even that didn’t make him work any harder at the time. You get what you put in.

But Coreau never took over the starting job. Mrazek played more games in the time Coreau was up from GR. Coreau was highly overrated by the media, especially HSJ. She even suggested the Wings might protect him in the expansion draft. Hahaha

1 hour ago, 13dangledangle said:

I think if you made Petr our clear cut #1 by dealing Howard then we could really see what hes capable of.  Risky but Id definitely be willing to see 

Good answer. A rebuilding team has to take risks. 

And if he still flops, the team can find another Howard type. They’re all over the league. That’s what I never understood about hanging onto Howard like he’s a franchise goalie or something. That he has to be held onto, because he’s not around to pick up the slack if Mrazek proves he’s absolutely not the answer, we’re screwed. Far from it. 

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Then my question still stands.

You enter the draft with Howard being Howard, and Mrazek in another lull. What would you do?

34 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Good answer. A rebuilding team has to take risks. 

And if he still flops, the team can find another Howard type. They’re all over the league. That’s what I never understood about hanging onto Howard like he’s a franchise goalie or something. That he has to be held onto, because he’s not around to pick up the slack if Mrazek proves he’s absolutely not the answer, we’re screwed. Far from it. 

Should I take this to be your answer then?

If Mrazek plays badly you trade Howard?

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

lol a simple question broke you?

It was answered above. I’d take the risk on Mrazek at this point. Can always find a younger non injury prone Howard type goalie. 

Rebuilds need risks. And that’s why our rebuild is stuck. Holland plays it very safe with everything. 

5 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

It was answered above. I’d take the risk on Mrazek at this point. Can always find a younger non injury prone Howard type goalie. 

Rebuilds need risks. And that’s why our rebuild is stuck. Holland plays it very safe with everything. 

Yeah pretty much what I thought. You favor youth over actual skill level.