• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kickazz

Ken Holland contract extension watch

Rate this topic

Will Ken Holland's contract be extended by Chris and Marian Illitch?   

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On August 14th, 2014 Kenneth Holland agreed to a 4 year contract extension with the Red Wings. Currently, Kenneth is on the last  year of that contract which runs through 2018. In a few months time we shall find out whether or not Mr. Holland is here to stay or not. I expect a contract extension by August. If we don't hear anything, perhaps this is his last year (alternatively they could wait until the end of this season to see how we do). 

Is he here to stay for the long run? 

Edited by kickazz

It's time for him to move on. It's time for a change in philosophy.

And there is no way Yzerman becomes our GM. Why would he? He is God-like in Detroit. Look at how people in Denver have already turned on Sakic. Many people now hate Sakic in Colorado. Why would Stevie ever want to risk that?

31 minutes ago, sputman said:

It's time for him to move on. It's time for a change in philosophy.

And there is no way Yzerman becomes our GM. Why would he? He is God-like in Detroit. Look at how people in Denver have already turned on Sakic. Many people now hate Sakic in Colorado. Why would Stevie ever want to risk that?

Agreed. This plus he's got a good thing going in Tampa. I imagine he's happy there/with what he's built so far.. he's not going to just abandon that. 

I'm sure he'll get an extension.  I've come to accept the Wings are going to be bad to mediocre at best for the next several years, as Holland has handcuffed the team with several bad contracts.  Hopefully in about 4-5 years things will be looking up. 

I think he will get extended, even though I wish he'd move on. I think there's a buddy system going on, and nothing is going to change with how this team is built until you clean house. Devellano, Holland, and the coaches all need to go. I hate to say it but it may even be a problem with the ownership. Obviously they don't see what's going on as an issue. The only way Devellano or Holland leave is if they don't feel like working anymore, unfortunately.

5 hours ago, Copenhagen848 said:

I'm sure he'll get an extension.  I've come to accept the Wings are going to be bad to mediocre at best for the next several years, as Holland has handcuffed the team with several bad contracts.  Hopefully in about 4-5 years things will be looking up. 

You are messing me up using my avatar lol. I'm reading this post thinking "I never wrote this??".