• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

Zetterberg assists this past season

Rate this topic

When I think of players with elite vision in setting up players I usually think of Joe Thornton or Sidney Crosby. But this past season Z seriously put himself up there amongst both of them with some of the most ridiculous passes and seeming knack for being 2 steps ahead of the play before it happens. Someone made a dedicated video for this on youtube. Check it out. As a side note, Mantha's wrist shot is crazy good. 

How many As went to Manthas blade this season, and Larkins last season? Bet its many for both.

I feel like Zetterberg has been somewhat overshadowed by Datsyuk since our last final run. And I feel like he received a lot more appreciation this year, as our last superstar (for the time being). He's a machine, hes good for 1 assist on more nights than not, and thats with a broken back he mentally wills to functionality. And hes handsome as hell.

18 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I feel like Zetterberg has been somewhat overshadowed by Datsyuk since our last final run. And I feel like he received a lot more appreciation this year, as our last superstar (for the time being). He's a machine, hes good for 1 assist on more nights than not, and thats with a broken back he mentally wills to functionality. And hes handsome as hell.

Indeed, apparently Mike Babcock shows Auston Matthews videos of Zetterberg; trying to groom him up that way. I don't think he can teach  him the looks though. Auston is too ugly. 

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/11/15/mike-babcock-grooming-auston-matthews-to-play-like-zetterberg/

He's tried the hair it seems. 

Y-JP-HOCKEY-articleLarge.jpg

zettywings.jpg

Edited by kickazz

15 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Indeed, apparently Mike Babcock shows Auston Matthews videos of Zetterberg; trying to groom him up that way. I don't think he can teach  him the looks though. Auston is too ugly. 

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/11/15/mike-babcock-grooming-auston-matthews-to-play-like-zetterberg/

He's tried the hair it seems. 

Y-JP-HOCKEY-articleLarge.jpg

zettywings.jpg

Genetically perfect swedes, Lidstrom and Zetterberg are both basically Hitler wet dreams come to life. He hasnt even retired yet and I miss him.

On 30/06/2017 at 7:37 AM, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

This past year, Z definitely proved some doubters wrong (me included) who were on the side of moving him to the wing.

If Mantha continues his path and Tatar's shoulder is back to normal, that will be a great top line to watch next year. 

No lie. Amazing to think Tatar went 9 games without a goal during the early stretch of the season. 30 goal scorer next year is for sure reachable. I know there's a lot of contract talk and that people don't want him for the money expected, but he ain't really the problem when we need guys like Gus to give something. Mantha-Z-Tatar is something I'm looking forward to next year.

17 hours ago, Wing Across The Pond said:

No lie. Amazing to think Tatar went 9 games without a goal during the early stretch of the season. 30 goal scorer next year is for sure reachable. I know there's a lot of contract talk and that people don't want him for the money expected, but he ain't really the problem when we need guys like Gus to give something. Mantha-Z-Tatar is something I'm looking forward to next year.

As much as our team sucks, that line was easily one of the most fun to watch in the league last year. 

What's most impressive beyond his physical recovery is his re-invention. He used to be a creative goalscorer. in 03, 06 (damn lockout), 07, 08 & 09, as well as most of his Swedish seasons (and the swiss half season), he scored a very similar number to his assists. As his shot has fallen away, his creativity as a set up guy has increased. 

Many elite players goal totals slowly drop off, but not many become such good playmakers if they were scorers for so long

Right, to think Z was competing with Shanahan in goal scoring back in the 2005-2006 season. And then like 6 goals in 6 playoff games or something ridiculous like that in 2006

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, lomekian said:

What's most impressive beyond his physical recovery is his re-invention. He used to be a creative goalscorer. in 03, 06 (damn lockout), 07, 08 & 09, as well as most of his Swedish seasons (and the swiss half season), he scored a very similar number to his assists. As his shot has fallen away, his creativity as a set up guy has increased. 

Many elite players goal totals slowly drop off, but not many become such good playmakers if they were scorers for so long

In retrospect counting from his back injury I believe Zetterberg is one of those athletes that has an almost maniacal mindset that makes them push through pain and misery in order to improve or find alternative ways to perform. 

Looking forward to reading what he went through in a bit more detail once he hangs the skates up. I know he had a hard time during rehab but he was pretty hushed up about it. Anyway, too early for that. I hope he has another 2 good seasons left to squeeze.

2 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

In retrospect counting from his back injury I believe Zetterberg is one of those athletes that has an almost maniacal mindset that makes them push through pain and misery in order to improve or find alternative ways to perform. 

Looking forward to reading what he went through in a bit more detail once he hangs the skates up. I know he had a hard time during rehab but he was pretty hushed up about it. Anyway, too early for that. I hope he has another 2 good seasons left to squeeze.

Ahh well well, Jacksoni, good to see you have some positive vibes for the old Beard. I remember last season you and I were duking it out as you were asking for The Beard's head and making talk about forcing him into retirement and whatnot.