• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Dylan McIlrath re-signed 2 years $1.3M $650 AAV

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's not unwilling to trade, he makes trades, I just wouldn't expect any blockbusters like it seems many are hoping for. 

As I said previously "impactful" trades is what I'm referring to. I wouldn't consider trading for or trading away rentals at the deadline to make any sort of real impact. Those "blockbuster" trades that you speak of are what teams usually need to get over the hump. I don't want Holland to make a trade just for the sake of making a trade, but if he could pull off one big trade to acquire a top two defenseman, I believe it would go a long way in advancing this "rebuild" / "retool"...

8 minutes ago, Buppy said:

While it's obvious the Wings are trying to add some size, I don't think it represents a philosophical change. It's just addressing a weakness that stems from most of our past big/gritty players not panning out. Things would be different if Ryno, Andersson, Ferraro, and Aubry had worked out better, or even if Sheahan and Abdelkader were better, and Franzen was still healthy.

Rasmussen isn't just big. He was also one of the best players available and his skillset addresses a major weakness in our roster and prospect pool. And we have drafted bigger players pretty much every year even during our peak years...most of those players just didn't work out.

Witkowski is certainly a nod to toughness, but no more so than Ott, or Tootoo, or May, or Downey... in other words it's not something out of the ordinary for the Wings, despite what people think.

McIlrath is pretty irrelevant. It's a GR signing more than anything. He could see some games if we have a lot of injuries, but that's about it. Maybe still has a little potential to be better, and at one time was thought to be a potential shut-down defenseman. His play in GR showed he isn't just some goon at the AHL level, so it makes sense for them. He's better than many of our defense prospects right now, and fits in well considering most of our prospects lean more toward offense.

Despite that one report, I don't believe McKee was signed by the Wings. None of the cap sites show him having an NHL contract, and I couldn't even find anything to suggest he even has a deal with GR. I'm fairly certain that the contract he signed is only with Toledo.

Oh

Nice.  I'm pretty sure he's giving him directions to f***offville after the fight.

"So, you go down the road a bit, you'll see Wendy's on the left AND NEVER TRY THAT AGAIN OR I'LL FEED YOU SOME MORE FISTS."

Edited by e_prime

That's beautiful! HE doesn't quite have The Turtle down yet...

I can image he hates the Red Wings or anything to do with them.  When he was in grade school, he probably got made fun of after his dad got his arse pummeled by McCarty.

...wait, that was 21 years ago, he was probably in diapers or less...damn I'm old!

12 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Lemieux Two Takes A Beating

Thought everyone might enjoy. Claude Lemieux's son Brendan tries to bully Hicketts. McIlrath handles the Lemieux as Red Wings assets are trained to.

Call him up and pair him with Witkowski.  Give the fans at that new arena something to cheer for.  

36 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Fun fact: The name Lemieux comes from Normandy.

And much like the Canadian military stormed the beach at Normandy, the Canadian Griffin stormed the face of its descendant..

That must have been the Canadian movie version of Saving Private Ryan.