• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Tatar, Athanasiou, and XO's new deals

Rate this topic

What does everyone expect they'll get? Haven't seen too much talk on this.

From TheHockeyWriters.com, I've seen speculation for Tatar at 5-5.5 for 6 years, AA at 2.25 for 2 years, and .75 for XO for 2 years

http://thehockeywriters.com/red-wings-free-agency-outlook/

Do you think that's fair?

I think those are reasonable guesses, but maybe some wishful thinking with XO. Marchenko got 1.45 and I don't think XO's situation is that much different from when that deal was signed. They both were coming off their first full NHL season with 66gp. XO had 3g, 9a, +2 while Marchenko had 2g, 9a, -5. And XO averaged about a minute more icetime than Marchenko did at that point.

Tatar will get $5M+

AA will be between $1M and $2M

XO will be under $1.25M

Don't know how we sign two D and a FWD, plus bring up another and still fit under the cap...

I'm hoping XO stays under $1M and AA stays close to $1M. But Tatar will get every bit of $5M. At least! I see $5.5M in reality...

Edited by LeftWinger

Well, Nyquist got 4.75 and that was 2 years ago. I think you got to be prepared for 5 or higher, if it's a similar 4 year deal. If it's a longer deal like the article guessed (6 years) It might be lower end of that, though.

The only counter I can think of for Holland to cite in negotiations, is that Nyquist signed after 1.5 years in the league - a time which included that crazy stretch where he had the most GPG in the league. 

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

If Abby go $4.25M for scoring 23 goals once, Tatar will get at least $5M. That 25th goal last season was the money ball...er, puck. I say 6 years AAV $5.5M. Anything less would be a "hometown" discount. 

Maybe someone will tender him an offer sheet for 5.5M. I'll take the 1st and 3rd rounders.

Edited by LeftWinger

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

If Abby go $4.25M for scoring 23 goals once, Tatar will get at least $5M. That 25th goal last season was the money ball...er, puck. I say 6 years AAV $5.5M. Anything less would be a "hometown" discount. 

Maybe someone will tender him an offer sheet for 5.5M. I'll take the 1st and 3rd rounders.

Abdelkader kills penalties, fights, throws the most amount of hits on the team. 

Tatar fights so much and the penalty killing he does is almost Datsyukian level. And don't get me started on the hits he throws. 

$5.5 million is overpaying. Should be getting Nyquist money nothing more. Nyquist scored 25+ goals two seasons in a row and still got under $5 million from Holland. 

Edited by kickazz

Genuine question: Are people as unwilling for Tatar at ~5 if Ericsson isn't getting 4.25 and Nyquist isn't getting 4.75? Do people think it's too much for Tatar because we're already handcuffed, or because it's just not worth it for him?

The list of RFAs out there currently seem to put him in the lower portion of the top players based on numbers so hopefully whatever they get will force his hand a little. Never really 100% understand the process with RFAs lol.

Also worth noting we get some cap relief next year on the Weiss buyout (I believe) - from around 2.5 to 1.6 hit. But we still keep that hit for 3 years.

8 minutes ago, Wingnut1989 said:

AA worth as much as helm easily 

AA is RFA, Helm was UFA and Holland panicked at the thought of losing him.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Tatar - 4 years at $4.75-5M

Athanasiou - 2 years at $1.75-2M

Ouellet - 2 years at 1.25-1.5M

This is what I expect

Edited by DickieDunn

The only overpayment I'll be okay with is to AA. If Kenny throws the bank at Tatar (as much as I do like him) I'll be very disappointed. And will just further deepen my stance on Kenny getting the f*ck out.

Oh, Tatar will get at least $5 million a year. Nyquist got what, $4.25 million?

AA and XO should be on bridge deals for a couple seasons. AA might get a bit more though. Hopefully nothing over $2.5-3 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I could get AA to go 4x4 I would

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Same probably, but he's the player I like watching the most. With Daley, not much Cap room left. Hasn't stopped Holland before though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

If I could get AA to go 4x4 I would

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Don't see it happening, especially when AA is the most likely Wing to be traded. Easier to move a player when his cap hit is low.

13 hours ago, kliq said:

Don't see it happening, especially when AA is the most likely Wing to be traded. Easier to move a player when his cap hit is low.

Who's going to trade him? Need a GM capable of making trades for that to happen...

We need talent, so we shouldnt trade it out...trading AA would be insane. Trade Nyquist or Tatar + future pick(s) for a defensive upgrade. That's about all we can do, plus sit out the remaining cap hit of Kronner, E and Weiss. And just hope that Holland doesnt waste other cap with similar deals.

And 5 or more for Tatar? No, thanks. I like the guy, but we need to spend cap on players that get us back into contending.

1 hour ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

We need talent, so we shouldnt trade it out...trading AA would be insane. Trade Nyquist or Tatar + future pick(s) for a defensive upgrade. That's about all we can do, plus sit out the remaining cap hit of Kronner, E and Weiss. And just hope that Holland doesnt waste other cap with similar deals.

And 5 or more for Tatar? No, thanks. I like the guy, but we need to spend cap on players that get us back into contending.

Depends on the return, if trading him can get you a player like a Trouba then you do it. Sure I'd rather trade Tatar or Nyquist, but teams arent going to give up elite level prospects for 2nd tier players in their prime.

2 hours ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

I'm curious what kind of defenceman you would expect to get for Nyquist/Tatar+ picks?

56 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

Depends on the picks. In our situation right now, it doesn't even make sense because we have Kronwall/E blocking roster spots.

Ok let's say there's roster spots available. Who could you see them fetching?

I think a package of Nyquist / Tatar, Hronek / Saarijarvi, and a 2nd round pick could bring in a legit number 2/3 defenseman. I think we'd have to use one of Athanasiou / Svechnikov to have a chance at a number one defenseman though. And I'm talking young guys with potential, not established guys in their prime.

The main problem is the general lack of quality defensemen in this league. If you look through the rosters, 90% have nothing to trade for a wing in return..

I would even make it a 1st round pick if necessary, but who could we get? I would try Buffalo with Trouba (mainly because of the drama they already had at the beginning of last season, might've lowered the price) and one of Spurgeon/Brodin/Dumba because the Wild have 3 players in that range.