• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Tatar, Athanasiou, and XO's new deals

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

The main problem is the general lack of quality defensemen in this league. If you look through the rosters, 90% have nothing to trade for a wing in return..

I would even make it a 1st round pick if necessary, but who could we get? I would try Buffalo with Trouba (mainly because of the drama they already had at the beginning of last season, might've lowered the price) and one of Spurgeon/Brodin/Dumba because the Wild have 3 players in that range.

Trouba plays for Winnipeg. I guess my point is...if theyre dealing from a position of strength, why would they want Nyquist? Undersized perimeter wingers have little value compared to core younger defencemen. Especially ones with his contract. If I'm a GM and I'm dealing a young defenceman because of a surplus, I'm at least going to ask for a forward of similar pedigree and age. 

15 minutes ago, Son of a Wing said:

Trouba plays for Winnipeg. I guess my point is...if theyre dealing from a position of strength, why would they want Nyquist? Undersized perimeter wingers have little value compared to core younger defencemen. Especially ones with his contract. If I'm a GM and I'm dealing a young defenceman because of a surplus, I'm at least going to ask for a forward of similar pedigree and age. 

You are exactly right, which is why they would likely want one of Larkin, AA, or Mantha and if we have a choice and I have to lose one, I choose AA and I mean that with all due respect as I think all three will be very good NHL players but someone has to be 3rd.

if your thinking of AA for 4x4 he better play a full ******* season and no lower than the 2nd line if not 1st line. but he hasnt even played a full season yet so we have room to play ball with him

we dont know if he can produce on 1st or 2nd line. tatar and nyquist lit it up too on the 3rd line then once they faced harder competition they declinded. so we need to see what AA can really do so him at 2 mil is ok

no more than 5 mil for tatar

xo no more than 2 mil and thats pushing it

you guys are so high on Saarijarvi if the rest of the league is too trade his ass 

1 hour ago, Son of a Wing said:

Guess I was looking at too many rosters at the same time. :lol:

I would rather give up picks than AA, I think the guy really could become something.

36 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

Guess I was looking at too many rosters at the same time. :lol:

I would rather give up picks than AA, I think the guy really could become something.

I'd rather give up Glendening and Nastasiuk for Trouba. Unfortunately though, that's not the way trades work. 

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Id rather give up Mantha than AA. But I'm not giving up either, so I guess I don't get Trouba.

I'd love to revisit this post in 5+ years from now. Not saying you're doing be wrong, but I think Mantha has the potential to be borderline elite. I can't say the same for Athanasiou. I think Mantha could become a 70+ point player. I think Athanasiou tops out at 50-60.

18 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd love to revisit this post in 5+ years from now. Not saying you're doing be wrong, but I think Mantha has the potential to be borderline elite. I can't say the same for Athanasiou. I think Mantha could become a 70+ point player. I think Athanasiou tops out at 50-60.

Fixed it for you.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd rather give up Glendening and Nastasiuk for Trouba. Unfortunately though, that's not the way trades work. 

We have acquired Travis Hamonic & a 4th rd pick in '19 or '20 from NYI for a '18 1st rd pick, '18 2nd rd pick & 2nd rd pick in '19 or '20!

Hmmmmm. ;)

30 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

Hmmmmm. ;)

To be fair, Hamonic isn't really a top pair defenseman. I certainly wouldn't put him on the same level as players like Trouba. If we could get Trouba for a few picks, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

9 minutes ago, sjr2012 said:

seem like tatar might file for arbitration 

Usually expediates the process. I read somewhere (freep I think?) that he's looking for around 5 mill a year with "some term." Maybe. 5x4 or 5x5 deal.. about what I expected him to get really so maybe they'll get him cheaper. Or maybe the report is wrong, who knows.. 

1 minute ago, amato said:

Usually expediates the process. I read somewhere (freep I think?) that he's looking for around 5 mill a year with "some term." Maybe. 5x4 or 5x5 deal.. about what I expected him to get really so maybe they'll get him cheaper. Or maybe the report is wrong, who knows.. 

I read the same thing, and I'm really surprised he didn't start higher. Would have thought $5.5-6M would be his starting point. If he's starting at $5M, we could potentially get him at $4.5M, although I'm not sure if he'd be willing to sign for much less than Nyquist. Like I said a few days ago, I expect he'll get somewhere in the $4.75-5M range for 4-5 years.

42 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I read the same thing, and I'm really surprised he didn't start higher. Would have thought $5.5-6M would be his starting point. If he's starting at $5M, we could potentially get him at $4.5M, although I'm not sure if he'd be willing to sign for much less than Nyquist. Like I said a few days ago, I expect he'll get somewhere in the $4.75-5M range for 4-5 years.

if he said he'd sign $4M x 6 years or $5M x 4, which do you sign him to? The $1M isn't a huge difference but he could end up being a steal by the second half of that deal if he and the team around him keep progressing. I think I'd rather the 4x6 but i agree he'll get at least what nyq got.. think it's very likely he ends up at 5x5 and that's a good deal for both sides IMO. 

4 minutes ago, amato said:

if he said he'd sign $4M x 6 years or $5M x 4, which do you sign him to? The $1M isn't a huge difference but he could end up being a steal by the second half of that deal if he and the team around him keep progressing. I think I'd rather the 4x6 but i agree he'll get at least what nyq got.. think it's very likely he ends up at 5x5 and that's a good deal for both sides IMO. 

Yeah, I agree. I do still hope we can move one of Tatar or Nyquist in a package for an upgrade on the back end, but I highly doubt that ever happens...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I agree. I do still hope we can move one of Tatar or Nyquist in a package for an upgrade on the back end, but I highly doubt that ever happens...

Does seem unlikely at this point. Of course if he has a big year and is signed at 4M for 5 more years, that'd probably help. Then again, with our lack of goal scoring consistency, we might want to just keep him at that point :P 

Our best bet of getting a future top d-man (via trade) is a first and a younger player with a high ceiling (AA or Svech?) imo.. but there would need to be a d-man available that'd be worth it and I just don't see that happening anytime soon. 

Tatar should get a deal similar to Galchenyuk.  3 years at 4.9 million per.

Don't think so, Galchenyuk is a better player. Tatar while a good top 6 winger isn't as versatile and to easy to knock if the puck. Galchenyuk can also play center.

I would offer him 4 mill for 5 years to get a tradeable contract

1 hour ago, frankgrimes said:

Don't think so, Galchenyuk is a better player. Tatar while a good top 6 winger isn't as versatile and to easy to knock if the puck. Galchenyuk can also play center.

I would offer him 4 mill for 5 years to get a tradeable contract

Frank, I would LOVE that contract, but I just don't see it happening. Especially with arbitration pending.