• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Tatar, Athanasiou, and XO's new deals

Rate this topic

why on earth would you want to move a guy who at least can score and has proven his worth that contract ? why not move Nyquist instead since his the exact player a tats but doesnt score as much 

Edited by sjr2012

14 minutes ago, sjr2012 said:

why on earth would you want to move a guy who at least can score and has proven his worth that contract ? why not move Nyquist instead since his the exact player a tats but doesnt score as much 

No one is suggesting to trade Athanasiou just for the sake of trading him. Anyone that has brought him up in any trades is to bring in a top pair defenseman. A top pair defensemen is a much bigger need / hole to fill than top 6 winger. In order to get a top 2 defenseman, we're likely going to have to give up one of Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou or Svechnikov. If one of those 4 need to be moved, it's one of the latter 2 for me. Of course we'd like to keep all 4 and trade one of Nyquist / Tatar, but for the same reason, other GM's are going to want one of the big 4, and not Nyquist / Tatar.

Ideal situation, we land a top 2 for Nyquist / Tatar, Hronek / Saarijarvi, and a pick. But it would likely take more than that. Which is why people have brought up AA in trade scenarios.

“Arbitration is the last option, I have to sign off, it’s just a mandatory contract. Unless I agree with Detroit, I’ll go to the court, where they’ll give me a year’s contract. That would probably be my last season in Detroit. We’ll see in a few days or weeks before it all comes together,” said Tatar.

We only have so much cap. I know he is getting a raise, but not at the expense of AA. I trade BOTH Tatar and Nyquist before I don't have AA on this team.

Best case scenario, get AA signed before Tatar. 

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

We only have so much cap. I know he is getting a raise, but not at the expense of AA. I trade BOTH Tatar and Nyquist before I don't have AA on this team.

Best case scenario, get AA signed before Tatar. 

I think you're over rating AA.  I think he's going to be a decent player but you're acting like he's some kind of future star.

Would a one year deal take Tatar to UFA status?

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

I think you're over rating AA.  I think he's going to be a decent player but you're acting like he's some kind of future star.

Would a one year deal take Tatar to UFA status?

Tatar has said that if he goes to arbitration and is awarded the 1-year contract that that would be his last contract signed in Detroit.  I'm not liking this tactic of either trying to get Kenny to give him a better deal/longer term or really just wanting to be in Detroit much longer.  I'd trade him in a heartbeat.  Yes, he can score goals, but he is mostly one-dimensional.  He scored 25 goals last season but didn't crack 50 points.  Would I prefer him over Nyquist?  Absolutely, but the reality is that we have Nyquist for 2 more seasons and I don't see Kenny being able to move his contract unless he has a good bounce-back season.  You have guys like Mantha, A2, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi, Frk... I'm not worried about losing Tatar or Nyquist.  I believe Mantha and A2 both have 30+ goal potential.  

55 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes. I think if he re-signs for one year he will likely walk after this season.

It would be another indictment of Holland if we lose Tatar for nothing.  After what he said, if he gets a 1-year deal, you trade him as soon and for as much as you can get.  Probably futures.

21 minutes ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

I'd rather see Tatar and Nyquist traded and sign Vanek, he was more fun to watch.

Hell, I'd even take Jagr.  I'm definitely on board with this though.  I wouldn't mind keeping Tatar over Nyquist.  It just seems like Tatar doesn't want to play here given his recent interview.

1 minute ago, DickieDunn said:

3 years ago Tatar and Nyquist were untouchable, now people want the dumped in favor of old one dimensional vets

Take out the trash and fire Holland and Blash!!!!!!

Can't imagine Tatar for $5Mill per lol. That's the kind of crap that continues to hamstring us financially. Sign production for a year or two (Vanek) and work Bertuzzi and Svechnikov into the rotation. Holland has needed to make some transition trades for years and Tatar is a prime example.

Are people ACTUALLY surprised by Tatar's attitude? Didn't that one member here, Jukelwitz or whatever his name is kept telling us that Tatar and Mrazek have attitude issues when it came to Detroit in their interviews back home? 

Now that the English interview is done it's more believable I guess. 

Anyways, I see this as an opportunity for us. If he gets that forced 1 year deal then we can flip him over in the 2018 trade deadline for a defenseman or a 1st round pick (depending on how he does this year). 

Edited by kickazz

Are people ACTUALLY surprised by Tatar's attitude? Didn't that one member here, Jukelwitz or whatever his name is kept telling us that Tatar and Mrazek have attitude issues when it came to Detroit in their interviews back home? 
Now that the English interview is done it's more believable I guess. 
Anyways, I see this as an opportunity for us. If he gets that forced 1 year deal then we can flip him over in the 2018 trade deadline for a defenseman or a 1st round pick (depending on how he does this year). 

Would you be happy playing for a team that was ok with being mediocre?

48 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Would you be happy playing for a team that was ok with being mediocre?

Happy? there is no happy or sad, he's pissed they aren't giving him more money. Obviously he would stay long term if the contract met HIS terms. 

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Would you be ok with your boss paying you less than you're worth?

Who said hes paying him less than he's worth? Maybe Tatar wants more than he's worth.

In fact, based off all our signings in recent years, I'd say Holland pays players just fine. Overpaid a few. 

2 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

The boy who cried wolf

Edited by kickazz

7 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

3 years ago Tatar and Nyquist were untouchable, now people want the dumped in favor of old one dimensional vets

It's not in favor of old one-dimensional vets... I think the point is that in the short term you can supplement their scoring with vets like that.  Signing Tatar to a long term, 5.5 million+ contract is a mistake, just like several other player contracts currently on the books.  It's not 3 years ago and Tats and Nyquist have slumped 2 of those 3 years, so what would you have them do?  You're right, fire Holland and Blash because under Holland we've handcuffed ourselves to bad contracts and under Blash, players have regressed 2 years in a row.  It's a sad state of affairs, but regardless, I'd rather trade Tatar and sign a proven vet who can put up the same amount of points for a year or two while Svech, Rasmussen, Smith, etc get more experience in GR.  Same goes for trading Nyquist unless he can prove he can bounce back and raise his ceiling slightly.