• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Tatar, Athanasiou, and XO's new deals

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, HockeytownRules19 said:

Tatar come on man

Goodbye Tatar. If he doesn't want 5/5 then trade him. I know ive argued hes worth $5.5M but the attitude plus he has to know theres only so much cap left. Give Vanek 4/2. I'm done with this crap.

8 minutes ago, kickazz said:

According to the Khan article Tatar rejected a 5 year $5 million offer and wants closer to $6 million for 6-7 years.

Would ya'll pay? 

No. I wouldn't. I'm okay with the Wings proposed $5M x 5. If Tatar insists on $6M, the most I'd give him is 3 years. Otherwise, let it go to arbitration and do whatever you can to move him this season for a defenseman.

Just to be assholes we should sign and trade him to a crap team in the middle of nowhere. Somewhere with dry heat where the ice is terrible. 

Like Arizona or something.

Edited by kickazz

8 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Just to be assholes we should sign and trade him to a crap team in the middle of nowhere. Somewhere with dry heat where the ice is terrible. 

... for Chychrun...

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Seriously - Tatar rejected $5 million?

Wow - he must've landed some good quality nose candy to think he's worth more than that.

I would love to see him traded.

Yup...I honestly don't understand why Holland spent the $$$ on this guy when we should seriously use the kids from GR on D, and just continue with the rebuild.

Hard to develop young defensemen when there are no veteran defensemen on the team. Kronwall will likely be LTIR and that leaves Ericsson and Deke as our veterans when we trade away Green this year. Yuck. 

7 minutes ago, Datsyukian-Deke said:

Hard to develop young defensemen when there are no veteran defensemen on the team. Kronwall will likely be LTIR and that leaves Ericsson and Deke as our veterans when we trade away Green this year. Yuck. 

A lot of people pretty confident that we trade Green this year. I wouldn't be at all shocked if he's not moved at the deadline, nor would I be shocked if we extend him beyond this season.

57 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Trade him to Vegas for Hague! Sorry, couldn't resist!

1 hour ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Yeah, 6 Mill is a no go - especially for 6-7. 

Next Thursday is arbitration hearing so they have 7 days to see the light.

If Holland went 5.25X6 I'd be fine with it.

I'm not even sure I'd be comfortable with that contract to be honest. I think my cutoff is right around what Holland offered ($5Mx5). 

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not even sure I'd be comfortable with that contract to be honest. I think my cutoff is right around what Holland offered ($5Mx5). 

I'm starting to agree. His total earnings would be $31.5 million. That's $1.5 million more than what Tyler Johnson would have made by the 6th year of his contract. He should be making no more than $4.75 million imo, and definitely not more than Johnson by the time the last year of his contract hits.. But whatever, $5 million to ease his stubbornness should be the sufficient. 

Jeez, I'm shocked if he really does want $6 million. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Basically asking to get paid the same as the best player on the team (Zetterberg whose cap hit is $6.08 million). In order to be at that level, you have to produce at that level. And Tatar was about 22 points behind Z last season... Yikes. Not even close. Not to mention Z does more than score points, plays center and is a really good defensive forward. I'm not sure what Tatar is thinking.

I wonder how much others in the league are making that score at his level.That's probably whats causing all this ruckus. We know the Johnson contract screws him over but I wonder about other players. 

Edited by kickazz

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, with all the comparison deals, it would be yet another slight overpayment. But I think it would an okay deal, though, and I think the consequences of not signing would be bad - If he's traded off a 1 year deal, I think he'll get a lower return with everyone now knowing he wouldn't return. I guess best case scenario is we play a game of chicken until next Thursday and hope he accepts. Don't think guys usually accept deals they've already turned down. Maybe Holland throws in some performance bonuses? Or a shorter 3X5+ deal?

With this contract drama, part of me wants him to go to arbitration so he can see the impartial guy award him a 4.75.

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

According to the Khan article Tatar rejected a 5 year $5 million offer and wants closer to $6 million for 6-7 years.

Would ya'll pay? 

100% yes. He'll be a 30+ scorer next year (assuming healthy) 

10 minutes ago, kylee said:

100% yes. He'll be a 30+ scorer next year (assuming healthy) 

... a "what-if" contract is worse than any contract Holland has ever given. 

Edited by kickazz

Me thinks arbitration would probably give him a 1, or 2 year deal for $4 to $4.25 million per season.
As of right now - he's really not worth much more than that $$$ wise per season.

He's a UFA next year so arbitration can only award him a 1 year deal.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Word going around that we're still talking to Vanek and he wants to come back...not sure how that'll work with Tatar and AA getting the rest of the cap...unless there's about $4.75M going on LTIR.

Hoping we trade Tatar and sign Vanek to a short term deal. Love watching him play and save money for some big names needing money in the out years.

If he goes to arbitration I think he'll get between$5 and $5.5 mil. And if the Wings are anywhere close to the playoffs at the deadline Holland won't trade him or Green and watch them both walk next summer.

Sent by my minions via telepathy

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Tatar scores .56 pts per game and is entering his prime.  Age 26

Nielsen scores .57 pts per game and is leaving his prime. Age 33

Why is Nielsen worth 5.25 mil and Tatar isn't again?

Can you quote the person who said Nielsen who said Nielsen's contract is a good one?