• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Tatar, Athanasiou, and XO's new deals

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Tatar scores .56 pts per game and is entering his prime.  Age 26

Nielsen scores .57 pts per game and is leaving his prime. Age 33

Why is Nielsen worth 5.25 mil and Tatar isn't again?

Because Nielsen was a free agent and Tatar is not a UFA. You're excused for your brain fart. 

Edited by kickazz

He knows that but he'll take any opportunity to cry wolf. 

How is it crying wolf? And complaining about me bashing Holland and Blash for poor performance while openly hating on Czechs and Slovaks because of where they are from and "bad attitude" is hilarious.

Sent by my minions via telepathy

5 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

How is it crying wolf? And complaining about me bashing Holland and Blash for poor performance while openly hating on Czechs and Slovaks because of where they are from and "bad attitude" is hilarious.

Hah you've completely lost it if you have to make this wild argument to make excuses for Tatar and complain about Holland in every post. 

Whatever nationality Tatar is, doesn't matter. He's not worth the money he's asking for and not getting his way and threatening this to be his last contract is childish and is a bad attitude. 

Go ahead, quote me and (somehow) cry about Holland again. We know it's coming. It's hilarious to watch you obsess over Holland/Blashill.

Edited by kickazz

Tatar will be worthless if he's awarded a 1 year deal. Pretty much makes him a secondary trade deadline acquisition for other teams instead of a key piece in a trade that could be worthwhile. Tatar and Nyquist are pretty much the only assets they've developed and worth something and if Tatar gets moved for a 3rd at the deadline then that's a big L for Holland. Ideally I'd like 5.5M @ 4 years

6 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

If we are going to make the Red Wings great again, we must find a final solution for the bohemian problem on this team. Dirty communist slovakia touchers. 

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

57 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Tatar will be worthless if he's awarded a 1 year deal. Pretty much makes him a secondary trade deadline acquisition for other teams instead of a key piece in a trade that could be worthwhile. Tatar and Nyquist are pretty much the only assets they've developed and worth something and if Tatar gets moved for a 3rd at the deadline then that's a big L for Holland. Ideally I'd like 5.5M @ 4 years

And then trade him for a first round pick or a 1D or assets

----------

Hearing that AA will get around 2 years for $1.5 million per.

Edited by kickazz

8 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

I do believe it's making fun of me since most of the players I don't like are from a certain country. If I can laugh at it, so can you. I don't take it personal, neither should you. 

14 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Tatar scores .56 pts per game and is entering his prime.  Age 26

Nielsen scores .57 pts per game and is leaving his prime. Age 33

Why is Nielsen worth 5.25 mil and Tatar isn't again?

What's the point of even making this statement? I know you think you got some sort of hot take with this one cause you keep repeating it but the players aren't even in a similar situation at all. Comparing RFA wingers to UFA centers based purely on career PPG % is stupid and a waste of time

Edited by joesuffP

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/07/red_wings_tomas_tatar_says_rel.html#incart_river_index

Kenny Holland got me and my agent and excellent relationship," Tatar said in a roughly translated story. "Detroit gave me a chance to start in the NHL. I hope I can (wear a Red Wings) jersey continued and enhanced. Detroit is a great organization full of great people.

feel better about him now kickazz?

14 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/07/red_wings_tomas_tatar_says_rel.html#incart_river_index

Kenny Holland got me and my agent and excellent relationship," Tatar said in a roughly translated story. "Detroit gave me a chance to start in the NHL. I hope I can (wear a Red Wings) jersey continued and enhanced. Detroit is a great organization full of great people.

I like this. Lock this kid in long-term.

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Not if he's asking for $6 million. I've already said $5 million is the max. The real question is, now that he's clarified his relationship with Holland is good, how do YOU feel about that? Sounds to me like Holland is putting the best deal for the team and Tatar wants more $$ than he deserves. 

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I like this. Lock this kid in long-term.

What words would you expect Tatar's agent put in Tatar's mouth while they are hoping for a contract?
I think Tatar genuinely wants to stay in Detroit. He just doesn't know what he likes more $6mil a year for the next whatever years or stay in Detroit.

If he insists, I'd say trade him; he's small, he's been pushed around all season long, that's not going to improve in this league. He ain't 6mil multi-year NHL player, no way.

Edited by ami

5 hours ago, F.Michael said:

How would Tatar be worthless?

Wouldn't you think that he's got a lot to prove with that 1 year?

If anything - once a guy gets his $$$, and term - he's more likely to take it easy.

An expiring RFA about to hit UFA status and could walk or ask for a fortune. He's way more valuable to trade with some term attached or else he is just Vanek at the deadline

51 minutes ago, ami said:

What words would you expect Tatar's agent put in Tatar's mouth while they are hoping for a contract?
I think Tatar genuinely wants to stay in Detroit. He just doesn't know what he likes more $6mil a year for the next whatever years or stay in Detroit.

If he insists, I'd say trade him; he's small, he's been pushed around all season long, that's not going to improve in this league. He ain't 6mil multi-year NHL player, no way.

Yes, but Dickie says he has a great attitude and relationship with the team, so he deserves it

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

When will he realize that these big/long contracts to players like Tatar/Abdelkader/Helm/Dekeyser/Nielsen are killing this team? 

I know, if Holland gives Tatar (a 2nd line one-dimensional winger) that much money he's an idiot. 

Not if he's asking for $6 million. I've already said $5 million is the max. The real question is, now that he's clarified his relationship with Holland is good, how do YOU feel about that? Sounds to me like Holland is putting the best deal for the team and Tatar wants more $$ than he deserves. 

$6il is too much, and I've heard he wants $5 mil for 7 years and the term is the issue and I've heard the sticking point is he wants $6 mil or more.

23 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

$6il is too much, and I've heard he wants $5 mil for 7 years and the term is the issue and I've heard the sticking point is he wants $6 mil or more.

Starting to wonder if that's too long of a contract for someone who just scores goals (at an above average rate). I mean he doesn't really bring much else to the team, and if his scoring rate drops he'll be worthless for us. I'd rather sign him for 4 years. 

It would be one thing if he was a two-way forward or an excellent playmaker that was versatile. 

Edited by kickazz