• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Tatar, Athanasiou, and XO's new deals

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Relax, we have 21 skaters on our roster right now. We can waive 3 guys to make room if necessary. Problem solved.

Not to mention, if anyone is going to be traded, its going to be AA.

35 minutes ago, kliq said:

You just wrote this exact same post in another thread......like I said in that thread, with LTIR we should be fine.

LTIR is not guaranteed.  There is zero guarantee of Kronwall, Ericsson, or Sproul starting on LTIR.  Even so, they'll have to come off at some point.  Then what?

35 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Relax, we have 21 skaters on our roster right now. We can waive 3 guys to make room if necessary. Problem solved.

I hope you're being sarcastic... Kenny H for the Win!

9 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

LTIR is not guaranteed.  There is zero guarantee of Kronwall, Ericsson, or Sproul starting on LTIR.  Even so, they'll have to come off at some point.  Then what?

I hope you're being sarcastic... Kenny H for the Win!

LTIR is guaranteed for Franzen's contract.

I'm not being sarcastic. 3 guys LITERALLY can be waived. Even more than that can be waived too if you fancy it

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

34 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

We are going to be over the cap by likely 300K-800K. LTIR should take care of it, maybe it's no guarantee to us as fans speculating, but to management who are in talks with the docs I am sure they are aware of who will and who will not be available.

Then we waive someone, but almost every team in the league has someone on LTIR at some point during the season. I'm really not worried.

4 minutes ago, Wingnut1989 said:

We wont get that without overpayment, but yeah so would I. But i just dont see it happening.(i hope im wrong)

Well, yeah.  I feel that A2 would be the prime piece in the trade and we'd have to throw some extra goodies in.  Bring on Trouba!

8 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Well, yeah.  I feel that A2 would be the prime piece in the trade and we'd have to throw some extra goodies in.  Bring on Trouba!

We could always try something like AA, Nyquist, and picks or AA, Tatar, Picks. Who knows. Best case for us is that the Jets goalie's suck this year and they need to make a trade.

26 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I'm okay trading A2 if the trade brings back a top 2 D or a top Center.

19 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

What does Ann Arbor have to do with this?

So this deal got done between Holland and Tatar and not through arbitration... even though they had their hearing?

Correct. Arbitrator had nothing to do with it. Sides can continue negotiating on their own between the conclusion of the meeting and the arbitrator announcing his decision.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Why?

You don't trade AA. He is the most dynamic player on this team since Pav. You don't trade him, Larkin or Mantha. Not for Trouba. The only way we get Trouba is if Winnipeg has a glaring need for a goalie or an established 25-30 goal scorer. If they're asking for one of those three, I'm not getting Trouba.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

You don't trade AA. He is the most dynamic player on this team since Pav. You don't trade him, Larkin or Mantha. Not for Trouba. The only way we get Trouba is if Winnipeg has a glaring need for a goalie or an established 25-30 goal scorer. If they're asking for one of those three, I'm not getting Trouba.

You have to give to get.  We have some dynamic youngsters in the 3 that you mentioned as well as Svechnikov.  What we don't have and are desperately in need of is a top 2 D.  That, in my opinion, is more important to this team.  Trust me, I don't want to trade AA, but if that's what it takes, I would heavily consider it if I'm Holland.  How else do you expect us to get a top 2 D that is young?

5.3 for Tatar puts them close to the cap even with Franzen on IR with AA and another forward to add. AA alone probably puts them over unless he gets minimum salary. Holland screwed himself with the sweetheart deals to grinders and Michigan boys

Sent by my minions via telepathy

1 hour ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

You have to give to get.  We have some dynamic youngsters in the 3 that you mentioned as well as Svechnikov.  What we don't have and are desperately in need of is a top 2 D.  That, in my opinion, is more important to this team.  Trust me, I don't want to trade AA, but if that's what it takes, I would heavily consider it if I'm Holland.

I don't think we'll be trading for a young, proven top-pairing defenseman anytime soon. The price is simply too high.

2 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

How else do you expect us to get a top 2 D that is young?

Through the draft and/or by trading for a high-end prospect, e.g. Haydn Fleury.

3 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

You have to give to get.  We have some dynamic youngsters in the 3 that you mentioned as well as Svechnikov.  What we don't have and are desperately in need of is a top 2 D.  That, in my opinion, is more important to this team.  Trust me, I don't want to trade AA, but if that's what it takes, I would heavily consider it if I'm Holland.  How else do you expect us to get a top 2 D that is young?

There is no point, he thinks that AA is much better then he is and should not be traded for anyone. This is not even a knock on AA Lefty, you just think wayyyy to highly of him.

6 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I can't see Holland being able to pull off that kind of deal. He just doesn't seem to have it in him. I agree that there needs to be a trade to bring in a top pair dman and I would start with packaging a guy like AA or Svechnikov. If it doesn't happen that means we are relying on one of Cholowski, Hronek, or Saarijarvi to develop into a top 2. They definitely have some promise with their skating and puck moving abilities but they still have a long way to go. 

On a side note with those 3 possibly joining Hicketts in GR this season, the Griffins D should have some serious wheels.

5 hours ago, Dabura said:

I don't think we'll be trading for a young, proven top-pairing defenseman anytime soon. The price is simply too high.

Through the draft and/or by trading for a high-end prospect, e.g. Haydn Fleury.

This. Or Jake Bean, or Dante Fabbro, or Travis Sanheim... None of these guys would cost a ton, and all would instantly become our top defense prospect. I'm hopeful that one of Cholowski, Hronek or Saarijarvi can become a top pair defenseman, but I'm not confident any of them will reach that ceiling. I'm really looking forward to see what kind of season Cholowski has this year in Prince George. Hopefully he has a breakout year. Also going to be interesting to see how Hronek and Saarijarvi handle their first year pro. Hronek looked good in his short stint. Hopefully they both rack up points with the Griffs this year.

A top 2 defenseman comes right to the NHL, he doesn't spend any time in the A. We need to trade for one or draft him in the top 5. I am very reluctant to trade AA. So I'm not sure how we'll get it done. But you don't develop a top defenseman, you develop 2-7.

Now that Tatar is re-signed. Anyone know exactly how much cap space we have left? I'm just wondering if it's even a possibility to sign Thomas Vanek? From what I've heard, there isn't much cap space left. And we still have to sign AA. But I've heard three different cap space numbers. At this point it would be nice to know exactly how much money we're working with now. 

Last cap report I heard, is we have exactly 3 mill left after the Tatar signing.