• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Tatar, Athanasiou, and XO's new deals

Rate this topic

On 7/31/2017 at 1:18 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

nice

I'm pretty sure kickazz lied... AA is still unsigned.  I'm starting to wonder what the hold up is.  They can be a certain percentage over the cap without issue so why not get him locked in?  Sign and trade perhaps?

9 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If I am Athanasiou, I am asking for a trade right now.  Holland is sitting here trying to squeeze him in.  Andreas Athanasiou is one of the team's best players, regardless of what Ken Holland and Jeff Blashill think.  They are doing this young man WRONG.  He has been lightning in a bottle for the Qings every game he has played.  There is zero reason he should be sweating a RFA contract offer while Abdelkader and Glendening are locked in long term at ridiculous rates.

But you're not so hush.

Rant session quelled. 

9 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If I am Athanasiou, I am asking for a trade right now.  Holland is sitting here trying to squeeze him in.  Andreas Athanasiou is one of the team's best players, regardless of what Ken Holland and Jeff Blashill think.  They are doing this young man WRONG.  He has been lightning in a bottle for the Qings every game he has played.  There is zero reason he should be sweating a RFA contract offer while Abdelkader and Glendening are locked in long term at ridiculous rates.

No, he's not one of their best players.  I like the kid, but he's probably going to top out as a 45-ish point secondary scorer, similar level as Tatar and Nyquist, both of whom were overhyped at one point as well.

That being said, Holland has completely screwed the pooch this off season.  Let's assume AA ends up with a $2 mil cap hit, similar to Sheahan.  They send Sproul down so they can run with 7 D and 14 F.  Svechnikov and Frk make the team.

Tatar, Zetterberg, Nyquist, Abdelkader, Nielsen, Mantha, Svechnikov, Larkin, AA, Helm Glendening, Sheahan, Witkowski, Frk

Daley. Dekeyser, Green, Ericsson, Kronwall, Jensen, XO

Howard, Mrazek

That puts them roughly $2 mil OVER the cap, after Franzen takes his trip to LTIR land.  And Holland's plan seems to be hoping for someone who makes enough money to matter to be on LTIR for the year, which means someone who makes at least $3 mil because they'll need $975k or so to bring in a replacement unless they keep 22 players on the active roster all year.  And that team has one first line caliber forward and zero top pair caliber D and 2 goalies who are huge question marks, plus a head coach who appears to be completely clueless.

But ownership trusts Holland's plan.

Zetterberg 4 more years, Tatar 4 more years, Abdelkader 6 more years, Nielsen 5 more years, Nyquist 2 more years, Helm 4 more years, Glendening 4 more years, Dekeyser 5 more years, Kronwall 2 more years, Ericsson and Daley 3 more years, XO and Jensen 2 more years, Weiss on the books 4 more years, Howard 2 more years.  And they have to decide about Sheahan and Mrazek, plus extend Larkin and Mantha.

Well done Kenny.

30 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

No, he's not one of their best players.  I like the kid, but he's probably going to top out as a 45-ish point secondary scorer, similar level as Tatar and Nyquist, both of whom were overhyped at one point as well.

That being said, Holland has completely screwed the pooch this off season.  Let's assume AA ends up with a $2 mil cap hit, similar to Sheahan.  They send Sproul down so they can run with 7 D and 14 F.  Svechnikov and Frk make the team.

Tatar, Zetterberg, Nyquist, Abdelkader, Nielsen, Mantha, Svechnikov, Larkin, AA, Helm Glendening, Sheahan, Witkowski, Frk

Daley. Dekeyser, Green, Ericsson, Kronwall, Jensen, XO

Howard, Mrazek

That puts them roughly $2 mil OVER the cap, after Franzen takes his trip to LTIR land.  And Holland's plan seems to be hoping for someone who makes enough money to matter to be on LTIR for the year, which means someone who makes at least $3 mil because they'll need $975k or so to bring in a replacement unless they keep 22 players on the active roster all year.  And that team has one first line caliber forward and zero top pair caliber D and 2 goalies who are huge question marks, plus a head coach who appears to be completely clueless.

But ownership trusts Holland's plan.

Zetterberg 4 more years, Tatar 4 more years, Abdelkader 6 more years, Nielsen 5 more years, Nyquist 2 more years, Helm 4 more years, Glendening 4 more years, Dekeyser 5 more years, Kronwall 2 more years, Ericsson and Daley 3 more years, XO and Jensen 2 more years, Weiss on the books 4 more years, Howard 2 more years.  And they have to decide about Sheahan and Mrazek, plus extend Larkin and Mantha.

Well done Kenny.

I could also see them trading Sheahan which honestly I am fine with. We have Z, Nielsen, Helm, Glendening, and possibly Larkin down the middle, we really don't need him. He really didn't show much of anything last year on the wing. 

42 minutes ago, kliq said:

I could also see them trading Sheahan which honestly I am fine with. We have Z, Nielsen, Helm, Glendening, and possibly Larkin down the middle, we really don't need him. He really didn't show much of anything last year on the wing. 

Trading Sheahan gets them below the cap if they carry 22 players

I'd be okay with trading Sheahan, but if we do, we're trading low on him. He's coming off a historically bad season and every team knows the cap crunch Holland has this team in. I think we'd be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for him at this point. I'm afraid Holland is still trying to trade Mrazek, which I think would be a huge mistake right now. Again, we'd be selling low, coming off a terrible season. I'd rather trade Howard, but that obviously isn't going to happen. I hope Sproul isn't a victim of the cap crunch. Waiving him doesn't give us that much more wiggle room, and if he does get waived, he will be claimed. Ideal scenario IF everyone is healthy going into the season would be to trade Ericsson. We could trade him to a team like New Jersey or Buffalo along with a 2nd round pick for a mid-late round pick, and retain $1M in salary. However, there's no way that happens because Holland has gifted every player with NTC's. In saying all that, I still think Holland will get out from all this with some sort of injury in training camp / pre-season...

3 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Trading Sheahan gets them below the cap if they carry 22 players

If they trade riley, and sign aa for 2mil they will be right at the cap with 13f 8d and 2g. They won't be over even without an extra ltir aside from Johan. 

24 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

If they trade riley, and sign aa for 2mil they will be right at the cap with 13f 8d and 2g. They won't be over even without an extra ltir aside from Johan. 

Who are the 13 forwards? I'm counting 12 with Sheahan and Athanasiou, and assuming Witkowski will play up front... Zetterberg, Nyquist, Tatar, Nielsen, Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Sheahan, Helm, Abdelkader, Glendening, Witkowski. Are you counting players from the minors? We don't have the cap room. A trade will have to be made if everyone is healthy to start the season, and simply trading Sheahan probably won't be enough if we want to fill the 23-man roster.

4 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

Nope.  Plug the numbers in.  Swap Sproul with Frk or Svechnikov and it doesn't change the numbers.  They'll be over the cap with 23 players just losing Sheahan.  

13F: Zetterberg, Larkin, Nielsen, Abdelkader, Helm, Glendening, Tatar, Nyquist, Mantha, AA (at $2mil) Witkowski, Bertuzzi, Frk

8D: Daley, Dekeyser, Green, Kronwall, Ericsson, XO, Jensen, Sproul

2G:Howard, Mrazek

Sheahan traded for a pick, Franzen to LTIR 

Wings are $303,334 over the cap

Edited by DickieDunn

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Agreed.  But would rather see those picks get thr ice time instead of overpaid vets.

By the time the future draft picks get in and play the vets will be long gone. Assuming the team sucks for the next 3-4 years. 

19 hours ago, kickazz said:

Good, better draft picks.

that doesn't help when you have Kenny "Gotta play it safe" Holland in charge

15 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Thats what im getting at.  This rebuild is going to be of the decade type and not of the 2-3 year type.

It shouldn't need to take more thaqn 2 or 3 years if they were smart about it.  Now Holland has them backed into a corner

Edited by DickieDunn

2 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

that doesn't help when you have Kenny "Gotta play it safe" Holland in charge

It shouldn't need to take more thaqn 2 or 3 years if they were smart about it.  Now Holland has them backed into a corner

Which team has successfully rebuilt in 2-3 years