• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Tatar, Athanasiou, and XO's new deals

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Says you joined in 2013.  Is this your sock account?

No, I'm referring to the PMs you sent me about being TheAxe, Mindfly when you were on your Bill Berzeench account. You know, the time you said LeftWinger is Matt's sock account and how LeftWinger is the reason why most of your accounts have been banned in the past? 

31 minutes ago, kickazz said:

No, I'm referring to the PMs you sent me about being TheAxe, Mindfly when you were on your Bill Berzeench account. You know, the time you said LeftWinger is Matt's sock account and how LeftWinger is the reason why most of your accounts have been banned in the past? 

tenor.gif

10 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/the-outlook-for-niklas-kronwall?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hmmmm, doesn't say anything about LTIR. So E will be ready, Kronner will bready...no money for AA or a 13th forward. But hey, he likes his team. 

captain cut and paste turns into captain link to an actual journalist.

but like I said, nothing I've read has suggested he'll be on LTIR this year, unless you believe that last year will 100% mean he can't play this year.

Sheahan is as soft as a new born bunny player who has always had limited offensive upside.  AA is a dynamic player who should be able to score 25-30 goals given the right usage.  On most teams, the guy who can score gets paid and the defensive player gets what's left.  In Detroit it's the opposite.  Gotta respeck da process.

7 hours ago, kickazz said:

There's about as much truth to that as there is Russian collusion...although, Fedorov is my favorite player. Hmmmm.....nah, fake news. I feel honored though that I was part of a conspiracy theory! Awesome!

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

There's about as much truth to that as there is Russian collusion...although, Fedorov is my favorite player. Hmmmm.....nah, fake news. I feel honored though that I was part of a conspiracy theory! Awesome!

He's afraid of you. 

23 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You seem to have an obsession with Bill/etc./etc.  Did he do you wrong?

If you are Bill Berzeench, could you please take his true persona from time to time? I miss some of his comments that made me look at the world slightly differently. As a med student friend of mine (addon: he is a doc now) said late in his education "They are rarely wrong with their initial premises. They just shoot slightly off (in their conclusion) consistently, as if their deductive reasoning was impaired.".

Edited by Jacksoni

54 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You seem to have an obsession with Bill/etc./etc.  Did he do you wrong?

Pretty sure he did everyone wrong with his 3 suspensions and eventual ban :lol:

You're a good boy though. 

35 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

If you are Bill Berzeench, could you please take his true persona from time to time? I miss some of his comments that made me look at the world slightly differently. As a med student friend of mine (addon: he is a doc now) said late in his education "They are rarely wrong with their initial premises. They just shoot slightly off (in their conclusion) consistently, as if their deductive reasoning was impaired.".

He does still take the persona (watch for it carefully). He's just careful not to go too far anymore because the previous accounts got banned. 

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

are your kids supposed to be afraid of you..?

When they're in trouble, yes. A parent is an authoritarian ruler, so if the kid breaks the rules, the should fear the consequences and in turn you. 

4 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

When they're in trouble, yes. A parent is an authoritarian ruler, so if the kid breaks the rules, the should fear the consequences and in turn you. 

Or passive-aggressive.

"mom am I in trouble?"

"Nope, you're fine" as she gives you the death stare secretly plotting to burn your copy of NHL 94. 

Edited by kickazz

46 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Holland needs to go.  Guy has lost his mind.  This might be an occasion where a team cold offer AA a 1 year $3 mil deal or something and Holland has no way to match it.

Side note: If Malik just does his cut-n-paste routine, could we post links to the original articles instead of giving that douchenozzle clicks?

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

So maybe this is a way to get draft picks?

Did a quick lookup on almighty Google and for a contract of between 2 and 3 million it's a second-rounder given back. If this is Kenny's "strategy" let's pray for AA to get a 4 million $$ contract and we can stock the cupboards a bit.  I am pretty sure no one is going to offer that kind of money to him but one can dream and make the best of this salary cluster "insert dirty word here"

table below from here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offer_sheet

2005 Averaged Salary 2017-18 Averaged Salary Draft Pick Compensation
$660,000 and below $1,295,571 and below No compensation
$660,001 to $1,000,000 $1,295,572 to $1,962,986 Third-round pick
$1,000,001 to $2,000,000 $1,962,987 to $3,925,975 Second-round pick
$2,000,001 to $3,000,000 $3,925,976 to $5,888,960 First- and third-round pick

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Holland needs to go.  Guy has lost his mind.  This might be an occasion where a team cold offer AA a 1 year $3 mil deal or something and Holland has no way to match it.

Side note: If Malik just does his cut-n-paste routine, could we post links to the original articles instead of giving that douchenozzle clicks?

I would think that Holland would match any "reasonable" offer sheet, and worry about getting cap compliant afterward. How he would do that, I have no idea, but there are always options to shed salary.

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

So maybe this is a way to get draft picks?

Did a quick lookup on almighty Google and for a contract of between 2 and 3 million it's a second-rounder given back. If this is Kenny's "strategy" let's pray for AA to get a 4 million $$ contract and we can stock the cupboards a bit.  I am pretty sure no one is going to offer that kind of money to him but one can dream and make the best of this salary cluster "insert dirty word here"

table below from here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offer_sheet

2005 Averaged Salary 2017-18 Averaged Salary Draft Pick Compensation
$660,000 and below $1,295,571 and below No compensation
$660,001 to $1,000,000 $1,295,572 to $1,962,986 Third-round pick
$1,000,001 to $2,000,000 $1,962,987 to $3,925,975 Second-round pick
$2,000,001 to $3,000,000 $3,925,976 to $5,888,960 First- and third-round pick

Athanasiou is worth more than a 2nd round pick in my opinion. The only way I'd consider not matching an offer sheet is if a team drastically overpaid, offering a contract north of $3.926M, giving up a 1st and 3rd. Even then, it would depend on the team. If it were a team like Buffalo, sure, let him walk and get a high 1st, if it were Washington, I'd probably match the offer.

It's a moot point though, as no team is going to offer sheet AA.

3 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

If a team gives him $3 mil, Holland can't match without completely screwing himself.  He's either have to find a player he can trade and get almost nothing for in return or not match the offer.

Why? AA will probably get something around 2 mill. We're already over the cap and have to shed some salary, I don't see why having to shed an extra million would "completely screw" us.

Trading Sheahan for a pick would put us almost back under the cap in that hypothetical situation. (the article says we have 1.4 mill for AA with Franzen's LTIR + replace Bertuzzi's .661 instead of Sheahan's 2 = roughly 2.75) Then, creating 250 thou can't be that hard. Someone will get injured anyway.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

AA is fast as the wind and has the hands to finish at the goal line. He has The excitement factor, which should play as to the price, raising it in my mind considerably.

I can see a team offering him 3 million for 2 or 3 years. Did we suddenly forget that this is entertainment and that the final customer still is the one paying for the National Hockey League? Eat my words if that was to happen.

An outcome which would logically lead me start watching the Griffins for a year or two instead of the big club.