• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Red Wings sign D Trevor Daley to 3 year, 3.166m/yr contract, includes NTC/Modified NTC.

Rate this topic

Guess it could be worse. If Kronner and E aren't ready to go, Daley is a good solid pickup. 

On the surface it sounds stupid, but if Kronner and E and Sproul can't go, Daley is a nice option. He's won 2 Cups in a row and can bring in some experience on what it takes in today's NHL to win. Your top pairing becomes Daley and Green out of the gate. 

I definitely think 3 years is way too long (I was hoping for just a one year deal) but Daley will help our D a lot, especially on the defensive end, which we need desperately. Figures tho that Kenny would manage to f*ck up a deal of a player I actually want here...

Sometimes people act as if Holland just didn't think of signing a 2 year deal....like it just wasn't on his mind. Likely, Daley's camp told him in order to make the deal happen, you have to make it 3 years or we are going to a different team. Any signing on the first day of FA isn't going to be 100% advantageous to your hockey team.

5 minutes ago, martyrme19 said:

Sometimes people act as if Holland just didn't think of signing a 2 year deal....like it just wasn't on his mind. Likely, Daley's camp told him in order to make the deal happen, you have to make it 3 years or we are going to a different team. Any signing on the first day of FA isn't going to be 100% advantageous to your hockey team.

In which case you say, good luck. I don't think anyone thinks Holland immediately offered 3 years, but if you can't get him at one or two, you should pass.

I'm fine with this. Daley immediately becomes our second-best defenseman, gives us some more scoring punch on the back end, possibly helps our power play quite a bit. And he's won a couple Cups. He's an awful shot suppressor, but the Wings as a team were actually surprisingly good ("good") at suppressing shots this past season, so I'm not too worried about that.

Kronwall's just about done. Ericsson's health is a question mark. Green's our best defenseman (and it isn't close) and this is probably his last season as a Wing. Ouellet and Jensen are, at this point, mediocre second-pairing defensemen, and they're probably not going to become much more than that. Sproul and Russo, *shrug*. Hicketts is probably at least another year away from competing for a full-time spot. Saarijarvi and Cholowski and Hronek and Sambrook are all at least a couple years away.

Also, there will be injuries.

I just don't get how we're signing anyone. Capfriendly already has the deal and says we have 4.467,455 in cap space. How are we going to fit Tatar, XO and AA into that? Even if Kronwall is done and E isn't ready for the start of the season, pretty sure we have to meet the cap at the beginning of the year before sending them to LTIR or IR.

16 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I just don't get how we're signing anyone. Capfriendly already has the deal and says we have 4.467,455 in cap space. How are we going to fit Tatar, XO and AA into that? Even if Kronwall is done and E isn't ready for the start of the season, pretty sure we have to meet the cap at the beginning of the year before sending them to LTIR or IR.

I have a feeling Mrazek is going on waivers, or is going to be traded.

So our line-up should be something like:

Mantha - Z - Nyquist 

Larkin - Nielsen - Tatar

Abdelkader - AA - Baby Bert 

Helm - She - LG (*Kwitowski*) I can see him as a 4th line forward

I would still go after Grigorenko/Yakupov short term.

Daley - Green 

Deke - Jensen

Errorson/Kronwall - Ouellet

7th Def : Kwitowski/McIlarth 

19 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Franzen will go on LTIR again on the 1st day of the season; that will provide about 4 million in relief once they max out the remaining space so they actually have about 8 million left.