• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Red Wings sign D Trevor Daley to 3 year, 3.166m/yr contract, includes NTC/Modified NTC.

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Anyone stop and think, once Green is gone, Daley will probably be the best Dman on this team?

I'd love to be able to trade both Green AND Daley at the deadline. Unfortunately, I doubt that will happen with two years remaining. Maybe if we signed him to a shorter contract that would have been doable. Oh well, hopefully next year.

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd love to be able to trade both Green AND Daley at the deadline. Unfortunately, I doubt that will happen with two years remaining. Maybe if we signed him to a shorter contract that would have been doable. Oh well, hopefully next year.

Idk, I certainly wouldn't be upset if we traded him, but for the price tag I think he's a pretty good dman to have around.

That doesn't mean he's very good.  He's solid, not spectacular, hasn't gotten a lot of opportunity to be in an offensive role.  The reason I didn't like the signing wasn't him specifically, I thought, and still think, the team needs to be focusing on younger players instead.

40 minutes ago, kliq said:

Not allowed to be positive or give any credit, that's a trigger for some.

Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit Born and raised in South Detroit

Edited by LeftWinger

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hey now, im ok with the back n forth banter. But you take these low energy memes the f*** outta here. This board demands fresh high quality maymays 

I think your avatar would make a better pic for this instead of the dog!

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

· DON'T incite flame wars by purposely baiting ("trolling") other members into an online flame war. Members caught doing so will be disciplined appropriately.

· DON'T personally attack other members. This includes name-calling, flame-baiting, etc.. If you can't discuss your point with maturity then don't discuss it. People that violate this rule will be dealt with swiftly.

I shared Journey lyrics. I shared Journey lyrics with Kliq.

What does this have to do with you and personal attacks?

I swear it's not even the deadline yet and you've already lost your marbles. Maybe you didn't know this, but the song Don't Stop Believing is kind of a thing in the Red Wings community...

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I swear it's not even the deadline yet and you've already lost your marbles. Maybe you didn't know this, but the song Don't Stop Believing is kind of a thing in the Red Wings community...

I deleted it.

On 2/14/2018 at 1:12 PM, DickieDunn said:

That doesn't mean he's very good.  He's solid, not spectacular, hasn't gotten a lot of opportunity to be in an offensive role.  The reason I didn't like the signing wasn't him specifically, I thought, and still think, the team needs to be focusing on younger players instead.

True, but you still need to fill out your roster. There wasn't anyone NHL ready in the pipeline, so going the UFA route made sense, and i thought Daley was a good signing. His contract will be up around the time guys like Cholowski, Hronek, etc will be ready for full time NHL duty. Sign a 2nd pair guy until you groom one. Makes sense to me.

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

True, but you still need to fill out your roster. There wasn't anyone NHL ready in the pipeline, so going the UFA route made sense, and i thought Daley was a good signing. His contract will be up around the time guys like Cholowski, Hronek, etc will be ready for full time NHL duty. Sign a 2nd pair guy until you groom one. Makes sense to me.

We currently have 8 d on the team plus we had Sproul at the beginning of the year so we would have had 7 without signing Wit or Daley. We didn't need Daley him just to fill out the roster. He was signed as upgrade.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

41 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

We currently have 8 d on the team plus we had Sproul at the beginning of the year so we would have had 7 without signing Wit or Daley. We didn't need Daley him just to fill out the roster. He was signed as upgrade.

Wait, Who am I missing?

Before Daley, we had Kronwall, Ericsson, DeKeyser, Green, Ouellet, Jensen. That's 6. I guess you could have counted  Sproul as ur 7th which would fill out your roster, but he was more suited to be a call up depth defenseman IMO,  so i wasn't counting him, McIlrrath, or Lashoff, because I expected them all to be sent down to GR.

Considering Kronwall's injury history (groin, back, and knee all within the last year), and only 5 other NHL caliber dmen (I use the term loosely) on the roster, i think adding Daley was the right thing to do.

I am assuming that ur counting Wit as the 8th? I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Wit was signed to provide muscle and take Miller's F spot on the roster. Although I guess he could be an extra D if needed, every website I checked has him listed as a forward, and I don't think he was brought in to be an everyday player though. As a roster addition, that would be the signing I would say was unnecessary more so than Daley.

That makes the defense. Kronner, DD, E, Green, XO, Jensen, and Daley = 7.

That's where I was getting that from.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Wait, Who am I missing?

Before Daley, we had Kronwall, Ericsson, DeKeyser, Green, Ouellet, Jensen. That's 6. I guess you could have counted  Sproul as ur 7th which would fill out your roster, but he was more suited to be a call up depth defenseman IMO,  so i wasn't counting him, McIlrrath, or Lashoff, because I expected them all to be sent down to GR.

Considering Kronwall's injury history (groin, back, and knee all within the last year), and only 5 other NHL caliber dmen (I use the term loosely) on the roster, i think adding Daley was the right thing to do.

I am assuming that ur counting Wit as the 8th? I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Wit was signed to provide muscle and take Miller's F spot on the roster. Although I guess he could be an extra D if needed, every website I checked has him listed as a forward, and I don't think he was brought in to be an everyday player though. As a roster addition, that would be the signing I would say was unnecessary more so than Daley.

That makes the defense. Kronner, DD, E, Green, XO, Jensen, and Daley = 7.

That's where I was getting that from.

Witkowski is the 8th defenseman and has played there mostly though he does play forward also sometimes.

But, anyway, even without considering him, we've iced 7 for long stretches K,DD,Green, J, E, XO, Daley. It's why XO barely played on many nights,

Sproul could have been a roster player (mostly scratch if he didn't cut it).

I think the signing was made because Kronwall's status was uncertain. With K staying healthy and improved, I think it proved unecessary, though Daley has been solid.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This is always welcomed, I do like that song.