• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Red Wings sign D Luke Witkowski to 2 year, 750k/yr contract. Will play as F.

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, sjr2012 said:

playing him as F

Yeah Helena St. James is reporting the same thing (take that for what it's worth lol).

If this is true, I went from not really caring much, to actually being intrigued. He's a big boy. My guess is they'll use him as a big net front presence and a punching bag (or cross- checking bag) for opponents defense. Even if he doesn't score like a Holmstrom, if he can provide screens for other guys to score, and agitate/take opponents off their game, I'll be quite pleased with this dirt cheap, no risk deal.

3 minutes ago, TheDetroitRedWings said:

Yeah Helena St. James is reporting the same thing (take that for what it's worth lol).

If this is true, I went from not really caring much, to actually being intrigued. He's a big boy. My guess is they'll use him as a big net front presence and a punching bag (or cross- checking bag) for opponents defense. Even if he doesn't score like a Holmstrom, if he can provide screens for other guys to score, and agitate/take opponents off their game, I'll be quite pleased with this dirt cheap, no risk deal.

Makes sense. Looks like Blash and Kenny think this is an area that is crucial for their system and addressing the lack of it accordingly. In the draft and obviously in FA too. I'm excited to see how it works out.

2 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Hopefully, he's our 13th forward and Bertuzzi gets a good look.

This is what I'm thinking. It's on Bert to make the team himself.. witkowski isn't going to stand in his way. He'll most likely be like Ott was here; at least lineup usage wise.