• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Red Wings sign D Luke Witkowski to 2 year, 750k/yr contract. Will play as F.

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

Horses*** signing...

How can one be upset over a 14th forward who will likely spend most nights in the press box? People have been upset for years that we don't have a legit fighter and haven't since Downy, now that we have one they complain about the signing.

This just plays into my theory that even when Holland does a good move, or even an inconsequential move, people will attack because it's Holland. There is plenty to criticize Holland over, this is not one of those things.

9 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Good signing for the Polish community in Detroit.  They're still pissed the Wings never signed Oliwa back in the day.

I remember when Oliwa crapped his pants when Kocur challenged him and refused to drop his gloves. Oliwa, now, is the head coach of a local hockey team up here in Northern Michigan, the Kalkaska Rhinos.

19 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Maybe he becomes a wrecking ball and hits everything in sight which is something we haven't had in ages. 

...and then the refs will just give him a penalty everytime he hits someone at all because Uncle Gary. 

Then he'll never get playing time because he costs us to many power play goals against.

Meanwhile Crosby can still chop players fingers off and throw water bottles at opposing players as the play goes up the ice, because....Uncle Gary...

Edited by LeftWinger

7 hours ago, kliq said:

How can one be upset over a 14th forward who will likely spend most nights in the press box? People have been upset for years that we don't have a legit fighter and haven't since Downy, now that we have one they complain about the signing.

This just plays into my theory that even when Holland does a good move, or even an inconsequential move, people will attack because it's Holland. There is plenty to criticize Holland over, this is not one of those things.

The internet isn't one cohesive unit. Those who complain about the lack of fighters are not the same folks who complain about now having one.

Having said that, I agree with you. Doesn't hurt to have a guy like that who can be thrown into the lineup when needed. When he ends up getting as much ice time as AA, then there is a legit reason to complain. 

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

The internet isn't one cohesive unit. Those who complain about the lack of fighters are not the same folks who complain about now having one.

Having said that, I agree with you. Doesn't hurt to have a guy like that who can be thrown into the lineup when needed. When he ends up getting as much ice time as AA, then there is a legit reason to complain. 

lol, yes of course. My point is that fans will complain regardless. 

Second half of your post, I 100% agree with you. It's a fine signing as long as he isnt mis/over used.

6 hours ago, Hairy Lime said:

I remember when Oliwa crapped his pants when Kocur challenged him and refused to drop his gloves. Oliwa, now, is the head coach of a local hockey team up here in Northern Michigan, the Kalkaska Rhinos.

Didn't he get in trouble for rape or some kind of sexual offense?  

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Of course he did...

Can't say I love that. I am totally fine with this guy being in the Cleary, Andersson role (ie. being a healthy scratch who comes in here and there when needed) but I hope he isnt getting the Drew Miller role and playing 82 games a year.

I say f*** it, call up McIlrath and McKee to play forward too. Form a 4th line of McKee - McIlrath - Witkowski and just have them skate around and destroy. Don't even attempt to play the puck, just pound the s*** out of whoever touches it...

19 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

DeKeyser said Ouellet has already changed quite a bit.

"He looks a lot stronger in the weight room, I know he's lost a little bit of weight and he looks definitely a lot quicker and I'm excited to see him on the ice this year because he's a smart player out there and if he's taking his conditioning to another level like it looks like he is this summer, then he's going to be really good for us," DeKeyser said.

I like the sound of that! Hope XO keeps improving. 

3 hours ago, amato said:

DeKeyser said Ouellet has already changed quite a bit.

"He looks a lot stronger in the weight room, I know he's lost a little bit of weight and he looks definitely a lot quicker and I'm excited to see him on the ice this year because he's a smart player out there and if he's taking his conditioning to another level like it looks like he is this summer, then he's going to be really good for us," DeKeyser said.

I like the sound of that! Hope XO keeps improving. 

Of the 4 (XO, Sproul, Marchenko, Jensen) that came up over the past few years, XO has always been the one that impressed me the most watching him play. Sproul was always the one I had/have the highest hopes for, but I really like XO and this is encouraging to hear!

Edited by kliq

1 hour ago, kliq said:

Can't say I love that. I am totally fine with this guy being in the Cleary, Andersson role (ie. being a healthy scratch who comes in here and there when needed) but I hope he isnt getting the Drew Miller role and playing 82 games a year.

He's gritty and he's from Michigan; he'll be playing every night.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

Of the 4 (XO, Sproul, Marchenko, Jensen) that came up over the past few years, XO was always been the one that impressed me the most watching him play. Sproul was always the one I had/have the highest hopes for, but I really like XO and this is encouraging to hear!

Exactly how I felt as well. He can play a little aggressive too, which was a pleasant surprise. Though after last season I've become pretty happy with Jensen too. I liked the dimension his game brought to the team, we don't have a lot of it.

I say f*** it, call up McIlrath and McKee to play forward too. Form a 4th line of McKee - McIlrath - Witkowski and just have them skate around and destroy. Don't even attempt to play the puck, just pound the s*** out of whoever touches it...

Good way to lead the league in PIM

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

...there's certain nights where you need some more toughness. It's hard to ask one guy to do it on a nightly basis, you'd like to have two or three or four guys that can do it and he's a guy that can bring some of that to the table

Yes I would.

53 minutes ago, sputman said:

there's certain nights where you need some more toughness. It's hard to ask one guy to do it on a nightly basis, you'd like to have two or three or four guys that can do it and he's a guy that can bring some of that to the table

You know what else would be nice that two or three or four guys do? Score goals. Stop sitting guys because they aren't a future Selke candidate my god.