• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

July 1, 2017 UFA DAY!

Rate this topic

Wouldve taken Hartnell at 1yr $1M, but he's chasing a Cup for sure by going to Nashville.

Is that what he signed for? Then yeah, priced himself cheap for a shot at a Cup at this point in his career. Good for him, chasing the hardware instead of the cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Babs gets Marleau on 3 yrs deal

Ya that surprised me! 38 years old, and they signed him for 3 years at 6.25mil per year caphit. They are definitely in win now mode.

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I respect his career, but is he worth $6.25M per? I cannot wait until Mathews is due up in 2 years. 

Btw, since they have no cap room, I'll send them a pick for Hyman. Talk about electricity with Larkin!

That is a big contract and it puts the Leafs 2,415,834 over the cap still needing to sign Brown and Hyman. Now once Lupol and Horton are officially placed on LTIR, it should clear things up, but if Lupol can play they are going to be close.

I never said I thought they could win now, I am saying they think they can win now.

They've thought they could win for decades now with the s*** they put on the ice. Worse part is, their fans thought so too. Only since Shanny, Lou, and Babs came aboard has that franchise had any common sense in its upper ranks and started building a true contender. Marleau is a bit of an odd signing though with the direction they're headed in with youth leading the way. 6+ million per for three years at age 38? Nice to have an experienced playoff vet on board, although he's spent his career with a franchise that's always been a playoff failure, when they should have won a couple Cups at least by now with the teams they had in front of a prime Nabokov in goal. They paid him too much.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

They've thought they could win for decades now with the s*** they put on the ice. Worse part is, their fans thought so too. Only since Shanny, Lou, and Babs came aboard has that franchise had any common sense in its upper ranks and started building a true contender.

They were contenders back in the early 2000's, post 2005 lockout though, I agree that they have been pretty horrible.

Leafs management:
Best coach in hockey
Most experienced GM in the game
Mark Hunter also known as draft Guru
A guy who wants input from everyone and he can convince ownership to look at the big picture
Very talented young Marlies GM in Dubas

That's a lot of front office knowledge plus they have great young core add a top pairing guy fo to Reilly and they're set for years to come which should be scary for everyone in the east.

6 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Leafs management:
Best coach in hockey
Most experienced GM in the game
Mark Hunter also known as draft Guru
A guy who wants input from everyone and he can convince ownership to look at the big picture
Very talented young Marlies GM in Dubas

That's a lot of front office knowledge plus they have great young core add a top pairing guy fo to Reilly and they're set for years to come which should be scary for everyone in the east.

Johnathan Toews sucks 

They were contenders back in the early 2000's, post 2005 lockout though, I agree that they have been pretty horrible.

They had some good years in the 90's too. Made the ECF. Could never get to the Finals though. 1967, may it live on forever!