• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dominator2005

McCollum back

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I believe that he was brought in because they feel they may lose Coreau to waivers. Id rather see a trade to clear salary, but I do think he's insurance for when/if Coreau gets claimed.

oh ok, that makes sense. Not that I think Coreau is trade material, but, with the big goalie trend nowadays, who knows, someone might take him...

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I believe that he was brought in because they feel they may lose Coreau to waivers. Id rather see a trade to clear salary, but I do think he's insurance for when/if Coreau gets claimed.

I highly doubt Coreau would get claimed on waivers.

Not understanding why they trade for McCollum, when they could have just re-signed Pasquale &/or Paterson. It's not like either stunk it up last year. Pasquale held down the fort in Grand Rapids while Coreau was up with the Wings & his numbers weren't bad all year (15-9-2; 2.43 GAA; .919 SP). And Paterson is YOUNG & still led Toledo with a 34-13-1 record, 2.28 GAA, and a .918 SP. Pasquale was quickly snatched up by Edmonton & my guess is that Paterson gets grabbed as well. Would like to see the Wings at least change their mind & sign Paterson back.

Edited by SpiritFan
Typo

6 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

14 games make him a call up option, his piss poor performance makes him AHL caliber

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

not disagreeing with you DD as he didn't fill me with confidence, but i guess the guy can put NHL goalie on his CV now.

20 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

who the hell would claim Coreau?

A team that see's potential in him with the right goaltending coach.

Though that team would need to leave him on the roster to avoide a Frk situation, and there isnt a team I can think of that would have Coreau in their top 2.

Edited by kliq