• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kliq

2017 Opening Day Roster

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Not only is it the offseason, it's prime off-season... Nothing happens in late July - August... :glare:

Maybe Quebec is a more fair comparison to Michigan? Quebec has a population of 8.2M.

Huberdeau - Bergeron - Drouin

Mantha - Perrault - Marchessault

Perron - Stastny - Pominville

Ribeiro - Brassard - Burrows

Vermette - Duclaire

Vlasic - Letang

Demers - Chabot

Despres - Savard

Beauchemin

Crawford

Fleury

Luongo

As expected, pretty solid. I do like that Michigan defense a little better though ;) 

35 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

New numbers for opening day

b9bh52npgsaz.jpg

Well, Sproul took Vanek's 62 so that might be more of a sign that he won't be back for anyone that was holding out hope. I didn't think that was a possibility - especially with our cap situation - but there was some mention around the forum.

And now we have XO (61) Sproul (62) _____, ______, DK (65) and I think Lindstrom's number is 66. Is Holland finally getting our defence in order? 

8 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Well, Sproul took Vanek's 62 so that might be more of a sign that he won't be back for anyone that was holding out hope. I didn't think that was a possibility - especially with our cap situation - but there was some mention around the forum.

And now we have XO (61) Sproul (62) _____, ______, DK (65) and I think Lindstrom's number is 66. Is Holland finally getting our defence in order? 

Larkin (71) Athanasiou (72) Rasmussen 73?

Honestly, I hate high numbers. 83 looks horrible. There are plenty of low numbers available for these guys. Larkin shoukd be in 17, AA in 18. Dekeyser should be 27. There is 20, 22, 23, 26, 29. 2 is open now. 11 is open. That's plenty of normal numbers available without having to grab obscure crazy ones.

Btw, I think when Ras gets here he'll grab Kronners #55.

Edited by LeftWinger

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Honestly, I hate high numbers. 83 looks horrible. There are plenty of low numbers available for these guys. Larkin shoukd be in 17, AA in 18. Dekeyser should be 27. There is 20, 22, 23, 26, 29. 2 is open now. 11 is open. That's plenty of normal numbers available without having to grab obscure crazy ones.

I see 69 is still open ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

21 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Cholowski was 2 in training camp. I love that number for a defenseman. He would have some big shoes to fill with that number though... :tounge2:

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think Doug Glatt is the only player whoever wore it. Was hoping Riley Big Snake would for us but alas...

Robin Big Snake would have been a trip in that jersey.  

How about 00 , 

11 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Cholowski was 2 in training camp. I love that number for a defenseman. He would have some big shoes to fill with that number though... :tounge2:

Yeah, wasn't #2 Ogie Ogelthorpe jersey number? 

18 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

As far as large numbers go 77 is probably my favorite. Surprised it hasn't been taken yet.

5 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Tatar

Mantha-Nielsen-Anthanisou

Helm-Larkin-Abby

Glendening-Sheahan-Bertuzzi

Daley-Green

Dekeseyer-Kronwall

Ericsson-Jensen

Mantha had real chemistry with Zetterberg last season, he'll be on the right side with him.  Tatar also had great chemistry with Z toward the end of the season.  I think we'll see the following:

Tatar-Zetterberg-Mantha
Larkin-Nielsen-Athanasiou
Nyquist-Helm-Abdelkader
Bertuzzi-Sheahan-Glendening
Witkowski

Daley-Green
DeKeyser-Kronwall
Ouellet-Jensen
Sproul

Nyquist and Athanasiou can swap when necessary.  The D pairings suck outside of the first pairing.  I really don't want DK on the first pairing as he excels when not being called on to defend top lines.  I'd prefer Kronwall on the third pairing, but I feel that Ouellet and Kronwall would be a slow pair and thus get burned a lot.  I'm wondering if Ericsson gets bought out, there is definitely a chance it happens, but I'm not holding my breath.

Been thinking a lil about Larkin. He had a tough season, clear decline, was scouted and matched pretty hard. Harassed at times. Forced to fight, which he did well.

What do we do if he doesn't improve from last season? I wouldn't mind putting him on wing if his game has not picked up about a quarter into the season, my point being we shouldn't see his center position as set in stone. He just might be a winger, not saying it is so, saying we should have that door open. I get the feeling that his C position is decided a little bit too early in here.

58 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

Been thinking a lil about Larkin. He had a tough season, clear decline, was scouted and matched pretty hard. Harassed at times. Forced to fight, which he did well.

What do we do if he doesn't improve from last season? I wouldn't mind putting him on wing if his game has not picked up about a quarter into the season, my point being we shouldn't see his center position as set in stone. He just might be a winger, not saying it is so, saying we should have that door open. I get the feeling that his C position is decided a little bit too early in here.

Larkin had a rough sophomore season, which is very common, especially for such a young player. People need to remember that he came into the league as an 19 year old. He'll be 21 next week. He had a rough start to the season, but started to come on at the end of it. In the last 20 games he had 13 points (5 goals, 8 assists). I expect him to have another big year this season, similar to his rookie season. I'm not worried about him and I think he should stay at center.

With 7 potential C on the roster can we, A,use Z less and try to match him against other teams lesser players on the second or even third line. B, keep Larkin on the wing for another year where he has been more prolific on the scoreboard. 

In this case is Nielsen up for first line duty, he is experienced to play against pipelines and his skating would allow him too. Then we have the problem of 2C , in all likelihood it'll be down to Z to take on that duty. Which would probably suit him better and even more productive than last year. Sheahan gets the nod on the third line C , I fully expect him to have a bounce back year with the right line mates. The fourth line is down to how Blashill wants it to be, grinding shut down then Glendening gets the nod, scoring line the you drop Helm from top 9 wing to center the 4th. On the D , well that is going to be a last week decision as we don't really know who is going to be on LTIR, so that could be one of 4 different combos. So my roster would be, 

Tatar Nielsen Abdelkader

Larkin Zetterberg Mantha 

Nyquist Sheahan Athanasiou

Glendening Helm Bertuzzi 

Witkowski.

D if everyone is fit to go.

DeKeyser Jensen 

Green Daley

Kronwall Ericsson

Ouellet Sproul.