• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kickazz

Ken Holland "We protected our best goaltender"

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, chaps80 said:

We all know what was said. Not going over it again. Holland talked some s***. No theories, I'm glad he wasn't selected. And Fleury had a bad season last year too, although he only played 28 games, but that seems to be a reasonable amount to judge a goalie by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right - Fleury and Mrazek DO seem comparable when you only look at last season.  Maybe that's not what they did, then.

11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

"Petr was too cocky.  The kind of cocky we don't want around here.  There's good cocky, and there's bad cocky.  Let's just say his cocky wasn't the good kind."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/06/red_wings_left_petr_mrazek_unp.amp

That quote isn't even in the article you posted the link for. Not is any quote from Holland on mrazek in there. In fact the only bill and quote in the whole article was about having a tough year and not trading any assets to hang onto players. 

10 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I'm Bill Berzeench also known as TheAxe, currently using a VPN. I once private messaged Kickazz telling him I thought Leftwinger was Matt's second account. 

Woah don't need to let the secrets out. 

Edited by kickazz

On 7/4/2017 at 8:28 AM, Red Wing in Sin City said:

Couple of thoughts. 

Mrazek has ZERO VALUE around the league if VGK didn't select him and flip him for assets to a team needing a G. The reports of him being uncoachable after not starting the outdoor game v. Toronto ruined his value. He will get traded for picks and maybe a prospect. 

About bounce back seasons. The best thing that can happen is that 52 & 55 BOUNCE to LTIR next to 93. Give more kids a chance and use the recoverable cap space to wisely add a D and some R shooting forwards. 

Oh and it's ok not to sign TT. He is a tiny little fella who is invisible in the playoffs when the ice gets smaller. He has trade value. 

And lastly can we PLEASE say good riddens to Holland after this year? PLEASE young Ilitch save us! 

The LTIR Isn't a blackhole that will just suck up and destroy any contracts you throw in it. It's more like a toilet, the more you s*** in it the more likely it will overflow. After 10% over the cap and there is no more relief. And that hurts the team for call ups.

Ken Holland certainly doesn't think so.  'specially with all that Mrazek s*** talking.

Well they will be battling each other for ice time this season. Don't think either has the starters job locked up right now. Maybe after training camp.

If Mrazek really does have a more mature attitude and is willing to do what it takes, should be a good battle between them!

45 minutes ago, kjw25 said:

Kenny, I have good character and I am a hard worker. I am terrible at hockey, but I have "good character" can you please sign me. When I have no goals all season at least you can say I am "good locker room presence"

This isn't directed at solely you by any stretch, but is this going to be a thing now? Are we going to pretend like things such as character and leadership are worthless? 

I agree that a team needs to find a balance between skill, character, style, and chemistry but to act like character is a joke and that Holland is an idiot for valuing it is just wrong. 

I agree with the notion that if you have all character and no skill your team will get killed, but I feel this is just another instance of fans who are upset with Holland finding anything to rip him for. If you just want to rip Holland, he has made a ton of mistakes, its not hard.

Found the roughly translated article. He says everything bad he's heard about his game has come from the press. He's never had a face to face with the coaches or Holland about it.

And on the trade topic, he says he never got any sort of hint whatsoever he'd be traded. Holland never spoke to him once about it.

Says he knows he can't repeat last season, must be much better. He's learned from it, has to focus on every shot.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/roughly-translated-an-interview-with-petr-mrazek

Blashill and Holland seem to be valuing hard work and character over skill. That's when it's an issue. Between grinders being overpaid on deals that are 2+ years too long, to Sheahan on the PP when he hadn't scored a goal, and all the other BS we saw, it's gotten ridiculous

Sent by my minions via telepathy

It's funny how different things are when you actually hear from the player himself in depth instead of reading HSJ bulls*** jargon.

He talks fairly openly with his countries media. Seems to avoid saying too much to Detroit's. Wonder why?

11 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Blashill and Holland seem to be valuing hard work and character over skill. That's when it's an issue. Between grinders being overpaid on deals that are 2+ years too long, to Sheahan on the PP when he hadn't scored a goal, and all the other BS we saw, it's gotten ridiculous

Not arguing this, but when people go to the other extreme its equally as ridiculous. I agree for the most part with what you are saying.

Ya it's sad seeing guys like AA who can rip down the ice and score some highlight goals stuck on the bench because of concerns over work ethic. I don't care wtf Sheahan does off the ice. He went scoreless until the final game of the season, and probably only scored those two goals because of a concentrated effort by the team to get him set up for them so he'd at least have something. They should have let him finish with 0.