• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sjr2012

Non Stanley Cup Seasons that were the most shocking

Rate this topic

Non Stanley Cup Red Wings team that should have won  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

96 they were the best team on the planet

Yeah, '95 sucked too. I expected more in the Finals than a sweep at the hands of NJ. Couldn't believe it. NJ and their trap system killed em. Had no answer for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013-14, boy I thought we looked special that year.

Boston just beat them up, pushed them around. Wings haven't been a tough team for a long time now, but that series really showed just how much that element was lacking. Didn't Smith try to fight Chara that series, and Chara just laughed it off and told him bad idea? Which it probably was. Then the injury prone tandem of Howard and Gus. I swear those two swapped injuries all season. Five for Jimmy, Four for Monster. Christ. Howard goes down in Game 3.

51 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

Aside from the aforementioned years, 2009. I'm surprised it wasn't brought up but we should have won. It was for me just as heartbreaking because the no gave the cup to Pittsburgh and robbed us. 

I dont know.....I was at game 7, and we just looked like a team that was worn down. Pittsburgh was definitely playing harder.

I dont know.....I was at game 7, and we just looked like a team that was worn down. Pittsburgh was definitely playing harder.

I recall this too watching it. Just came out flat at home for a Finals Game 7. Allowed two goals and couldn't get them back in time. That was a soul crusher, but the series never should have gone that long. Up 2-0 heading back to Pittsburgh, should have got at least one, then have three games to finish em off. Wasnt the Pens first goal badly offside though in Game 7?

9 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I recall this too watching it. Just came out flat at home for a Finals Game 7. Allowed two goals and couldn't get them back in time. That was a soul crusher, but the series never should have gone that long. Up 2-0 heading back to Pittsburgh, should have got at least one, then have three games to finish em off. Wasnt the Pens first goal badly offside though in Game 7?

Agreed.

This I can't remember, being there gives you a unique perspective but things like an offside can be so easily missed when you eyes wander (ie. a tussle is going on away from the puck) and with no replay you won't even notice it.

Edited by kliq

Agreed.
This I can't remember, being there gives you a unique perspective but things like an offside can be so easily missed when you eyes wonder (ie. a tussle is going on away from the puck) and with no replay you won't even notice it.

I don't recall it either, but I've heard it talked about somewhere. Malkin should have been suspended for Game 4 though, as per league rules. But then had the Wings won that game and eventually the Cup, Pens fans would still be bitching that the Wings didn't play their full roster that night. And the league wasn't going to suspend a star player over a late third game misconduct in the Finals that didn't result in injury, "rules" be damned.

true but i think it was a dumb decision not going with ozzy than because i think he was the better goalie choice over manny i loved legs but in the p/o he should not have been starting 

Legacy was offered a contract extension for a pretty nice amount of cash around midway point that regular season, but wanted to wait until after the playoffs to try to cash in more. Boy did that ever backfire. He ended up talking about killing himself and was let walk. Hahaha Then Holland called Hasek that summer and asked him to return. I still think Ottawa would have contended for that 2006 Cup had Hasek not gotten hurt at the Olympics. He was having a great year.

The most shocking was probably 95-96. Best record in NHL history, then got swept by the Devils....

But the one that hit me the hardest was definitely 2002-03. At that point in time we usually owned the Ducks in the playoffs (swept Teemu, Kariya & company a few years before that). And just when I was finally starting to get over the heartache, Sergei Fedorov not only leaves us, but of all teams, he signs with them...ouch.

Fedorov, didn't he score a crazy fluke goal in Game 4 in 2003? Off the side boards and past Giggy? Lol