• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Tatar Re-Signs 4 Years $21.2M ($5.3M AAV)

Rate this topic

Sweet! The idea of losing him was pretty crappy. I think with that shoulder fixed this should be a great year for him.

I jumped around on what I thought he'd get, but this was right in my initial guess. Only seems a bit high because of that Johnson deal, but I think you could explain that due to Johnson's injury problems and lower production the past 2 years - Also is Johnson still their 3rd line center like he was when we last played them in the playoffs? If he is that would be important to their weighting.

And, even if you're one would was on the side of trading him, a 1 year deal would have been bad for use. He would have been a rental to anyone trading for him and I doubt we would have gotten much. It will be interesting to see if he gets a NTC or not.

I don't buy it. I like the player under the right circumstances, as in the right line setup, ie piano puller and supreme setup guy. Term is Ok if healthy but still got to see his shoulder in action for a long stretch to believe it.

Bigtime gamble in my opinion. Guess we'll find out once we start reaching christmas.

So when we sign AA, we'll have 12 forwards signed, then minus Franzen back to 11. Witkowski as the 12th forward, no cap for the 13th.

With Franzen on LTIR we have $933,333 in cap space. That's an insult to AA, and again, it doesn't leave any to give a 13th forward. So with Witkowski as the 12th forward, we are rolling with 12, 8, 2. I know we don't have to have 23 men, but for a team that missed the playoffs to not have a full roster spells disaster. If we give AA only the $933, that WILL make us the highest paid team in the NHL. That's an issue when we will once again be a team fighting for a final playoff spot, or worse. Ken Holland is such an ass for those stupid contracts to Helm, Glenny and Abby. Helm and Abby should not be over $3M and Glenny should have never seen over $1M.  We really got screwed when Vegas didn't take any Cap from us.

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

So when we sign AA, we'll have 12 forwards signed, then minus Franzen back to 11. Witkowski as the 12th forward, no cap for the 13th.

With Franzen on LTIR we have $933,333 in cap space. That's an insult to AA, and again, it doesn't leave any to give a 13th forward. So with Witkowski as the 12th forward, we are rolling with 12, 8, 2. I know we don't have to have 23 men, but for a team that missed the playoffs to not have a full roster spells disaster. If we give AA only the $933, that WILL make us the highest paid team in the NHL. That's an issue when we will once again be a team fighting for a final playoff spot, or worse. Ken Holland is such an ass for those stupid contracts to Helm, Glenny and Abby. Helm and Abby should not be over $3M and Glenny should have never seen over $1M.  We really got screwed when Vegas didn't take any Cap from us.

From what I read, AA is protected to get 1.25mil, so even if that is off by 500K we should still be fine once someone inevitably goes onto LTIR. Plus, can't you go 10% over the cap for a period of time? I remember reading that on here this month.

We were not "screwed" we are going to be fine.

Right off the top of my head, I am pretty sure Sproul will not be ready to start the season.

Edited by kliq

So we still need room to sign Athanasiou...  Right now, we don't have cap with no sign of Kronwall or Ericsson on LTIR.  Hopefully, Holland can pull off a trade or two before the season starts.  Don't forget that Bertuzzi is more than likely coming up full-time and Witkowski is basically our 13th forward.

34 minutes ago, kliq said:

From what I read, AA is protected to get 1.25mil, so even if that is off by 500K we should still be fine once someone inevitably goes onto LTIR. Plus, can't you go 10% over the cap for a period of time? I remember reading that on here this month.

We were not "screwed" we are going to be fine.

Right off the top of my head, I am pretty sure Sproul will not be ready to start the season.

It's a sad state of affairs when the team we'll be icing is not worthy of being over the cap.  

Watch Tatar come out and put up 19 goals, 15 assists or some garbage.  I hope not, but that's typically how it's gone with the newer guys on this squad.

8 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

So we still need room to sign Athanasiou...  Right now, we don't have cap with no sign of Kronwall or Ericsson on LTIR.  Hopefully, Holland can pull off a trade or two before the season starts.  Don't forget that Bertuzzi is more than likely coming up full-time and Witkowski is basically our 13th forward.

To be honest I'm not really to concerned about cap space for this year, its next year I am more concerned about. Cap Space is only valuable when you are looking to add to your roster, or to re-sign players. Next year with Mantha and Larkin being RFA's and JT being a UFA (maybe) that is when I want Holland to possibly trade players or consider buyouts. With that being said, I am open to trades now for certain players (ie. E or Nielsen).

Just now, kliq said:

To be honest I'm not really to concerned about cap space for this year, its next year I am more concerned about. Cap Space is only valuable when you are looking to add to your roster, or to re-sign players. Next year with Mantha and Larkin being RFA's and JT being a UFA (maybe) that is when I want Holland to possibly trade players or consider buyouts. With that being said, I am open to trades now for certain players (ie. E or Nielsen).

You'll have to retain half of E's salary and even then, it's a tough sell.  He's gotten worse of the past few seasons and is, at best, a 5/6 d-man.  Nielsen is 33 and has 5 more years on his deal, so again... who's going to want that contract?  Nielsen also has a NMC this season and a modified NTC the rest of the way.  I'd trade Green, Nyquist, and possibly Tatar.... Trade for a 1/2 D.

3 minutes ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

source?

Tatar trade protection a bit of a moving target. RFA year has no protection per CBA. Full no-trade YR2, most of 3. Partial in year 4.

So I was off on the most of year 3 being full, whatever that means.
Edited by SwedeLundin77

20 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

You'll have to retain half of E's salary and even then, it's a tough sell.  He's gotten worse of the past few seasons and is, at best, a 5/6 d-man.  Nielsen is 33 and has 5 more years on his deal, so again... who's going to want that contract?  Nielsen also has a NMC this season and a modified NTC the rest of the way.  I'd trade Green, Nyquist, and possibly Tatar.... Trade for a 1/2 D.

I'm fine with that.

I think NYI would take it, they bid higher then us last year on Nielsen, so if Nielsen gave the ok (due to NMC) that's where I would attempt to trade him. The only way I'm keeping him is if he could help us get JT (hey, one can hope).