• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Tatar Re-Signs 4 Years $21.2M ($5.3M AAV)

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

So when we sign AA, we'll have 12 forwards signed, then minus Franzen back to 11. Witkowski as the 12th forward, no cap for the 13th.

With Franzen on LTIR we have $933,333 in cap space. That's an insult to AA, and again, it doesn't leave any to give a 13th forward. So with Witkowski as the 12th forward, we are rolling with 12, 8, 2. I know we don't have to have 23 men, but for a team that missed the playoffs to not have a full roster spells disaster. If we give AA only the $933, that WILL make us the highest paid team in the NHL. That's an issue when we will once again be a team fighting for a final playoff spot, or worse. Ken Holland is such an ass for those stupid contracts to Helm, Glenny and Abby. Helm and Abby should not be over $3M and Glenny should have never seen over $1M.  We really got screwed when Vegas didn't take any Cap from us.

I really like you but you seem to ***** about everything this team does.   Do you have anything positive to say about this team lately? 

Great ... a little high on the first couple of years but I think it averages itself out in terms of value in year 3 and 4 if Tatar can keep up the 25 goals per year.  

But how this existing team is one of the highest salary team pushing cap issues, I'll NEVER understand.  

1 minute ago, RedWingsRox said:

Great ... a little high on the first couple of years but I think it averages itself out in terms of value in year 3 and 4 if Tatar can keep up the 25 goals per year.  

But how this existing team is one of the highest salary team pushing cap issues, I'll NEVER understand.  

Exactly!  Ericsson, DeKeyser, Helm, Nielsen, Abdelkader all overpaid.  11 million dollars for goaltending?  Things have got to change.  I don't mind this deal, but I'll reserve praise for the season when we see if Tatar can be a consistent point getter because last year he was horribly inconsistent, other than when paired on the top line and we were out of the playoffs.  Also, his playoff production leaves something to be desired, but so did Datsyuk's the first few years.

I've gotta give Kenny some props for this.  Salary is a bit higher than I hoped, but I'm looking at it as the trade off to get the shorter term.  I thought he'd either go 5.5 for 5 or let the arbitrator rule.

Tats has been a bit of an offensive catalyst when Blash actually deployed him properly.  If his shoulder is fine (and that is my biggest worry), this is good for both sides.  

8 minutes ago, TheXym said:

I've gotta give Kenny some props for this.  Salary is a bit higher than I hoped, but I'm looking at it as the trade off to get the shorter term.  I thought he'd either go 5.5 for 5 or let the arbitrator rule.

Tats has been a bit of an offensive catalyst when Blash actually deployed him properly.  If his shoulder is fine (and that is my biggest worry), this is good for both sides.  

He needs to play on Zetterberg's wing this season.  He tore it up with Z at the end of last season.  Tatar-Zetterberg-Mantha

58 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

I really like you but you seem to ***** about everything this team does.   Do you have anything positive to say about this team lately? 

Sorry, Kenny has just made me so bitter with all his past contracts that are really haunting us right now. Theres no reason why we're going to be the highest paid team in the league (again) and 90% chance we miss the playoffs (again.) It's frustrating. If Holland wasn't overpaying junk players, he'd have plenty of cap space left for these issues.

For every positive decision he makes, he then makes three idiotic ones. I love the team but can't stand the off ice leadership. Sort of like a lot of Americans today, they love their country, but hate their government and leaders.

Like I said, if Helm, Abby and Glenny weren't severely overpaid, we wouldn't be in this situation to have to hope for LTIR in order to keep our best players. 

5 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Imagine whining about salary when theirs a hard salary cap. The difference in our salary being the highest to fifteenth highest is marginal and not even worth the time discussing

Well the difference between us and 15th highest? $11M. Not so marginal and would be tremendously helpful.

1 hour ago, RedWingsRox said:

Stephen Weiss, Johan Franzen,Justin Abdelkader, 2 underachieving goalies at over 9M together...that's how. 

Edited by kylee

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ok pretend we have an extra 11 mil. Who you gonna sign? 

I don't need $11M, I just need $2M from Abby, $1.5M from Helm and $1M from Glenny. That'll let me have breathing room for AA and that 13th forward and injury call-ups when necessary. I'd alos like to shed $4.25M from Ericsson, but ya, right.

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

1svly2.jpg

Yeah, I don't know why we'd want to trade Tatar anyway. The NTC isn't an issue with him.

Good more for both sides. $5.3 Million/year is the going rate for a 45-50 point guy.

56 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I do like that there's no NTC/NMC. He can still be flipped at a deadline.

There is a NTC in year 2, part of year 3, and a modified NTC in year 4.  No NTC in year 1 though, since he's technically RFA this season.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/07/red_wings_tomas_tatar_excited.html

"I really, really wanted to stay," he said. "I think Detroit is where I belong. I have so many friends, the fans are awesome. I have a great relationship with guys in the locker room, so it would be really, really hard to have a one-year deal and kind of not knowing what was going to come in the future. I'm extremely happy that I could stay and we found a way to sign the deal"

9 hours ago, Barrie said:

Yeah, I don't know why we'd want to trade Tatar anyway. The NTC isn't an issue with him.

Good more for both sides. $5.3 Million/year is the going rate for a 45-50 point guy.

Because wing is our biggest strength, and we need to upgrade our defense. I love Tatar, but he would be a great trading chip in a package for a defenseman. However, we all know he won't be traded, Nyquist won't be traded, no one will be traded, because Holland is unwilling / incapable of making trades...

8 hours ago, FifeHockeyNut said:

I like the deal, AAV and term are both fair for Tatar. Wings cap situation is a mess, but the signing of Tatar at a fair market value will never be the problem. 

Exactly, Tats contract is far from our biggest problem. Great negotiating from his side. Threw out some crap about leaving. Probably got 300k-500k more per year. Glad to have him back.  Something has to give with the cap , see what Holland does. 

15 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/07/red_wings_tomas_tatar_excited.html

"I really, really wanted to stay," he said. "I think Detroit is where I belong. I have so many friends, the fans are awesome. I have a great relationship with guys in the locker room, so it would be really, really hard to have a one-year deal and kind of not knowing what was going to come in the future. I'm extremely happy that I could stay and we found a way to sign the deal"

WOW This guy has terrible attitude problems! 

;)