• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Mahonas

NHL 2018 Player Ratings

Rate this topic

Toews at 90 and McDavid at 89?  

EA Sports, get a grip on your Toews hard on.

McDavid is light years better, and it's not up for debate.   This is the equivalent of NHL 1981 with Trottier at 90 and Gretzky at 89.  McDavid should be 96, and Toews should be 87.  Toews is a top 10 center in the league talent wise.  Not top 3.

Should use the term "Beta" loosely; EA churns out the same dang game year over year.  Roster update, remove two features, and add one of the features back that was removed last year... 

8 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

Should use the term "Beta" loosely; EA churns out the same dang game year over year.  Roster update, remove two features, and add one of the features back that was removed last year... 

I mean here's the Wings rankings. It's laughable. Looks like they have literally done nothing in regards to making player ratings accurate yet, hence why I say beta.

86 - Zetterberg

85 - Kronwall, Nyquist

83 - Nielsen, Tatar, DeKeyser, Larkin

82 - Green, Abdelkader, Howard, Mrazek

81 - Ericsson

80 - Helm

79 - Franzen, Sheahan

78 - Glendening

77 - Athanasiou, Mantha

76 - Vitale, Ouellet

75 - Miller

71 - Sproul, Russo

66 - Jensen

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

I haven't played an NHL game since I bought one for the original playstation.  Can you still score almost at will and the shots end up being 100+ for both teams?

You can outshoot opponents online 65-3 and lose 4-3 in ot just about every game. One team gets a brick wall in net, the other gets Swiss.

how does it matter what rating get what player in that game...

who would've thought a few year ago, that such a gigantic bulls*** as computer games (and social media, for that matter) would become a huge business and sports fans would be seriously discussing ratings assignment to computer's game players... or some brightest people in the world would be writing code to account fore likes on some stupidest posts...

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Toews at 90 and McDavid at 89?  

EA Sports, get a grip on your Toews hard on.

McDavid is light years better, and it's not up for debate.   This is the equivalent of NHL 1981 with Trottier at 90 and Gretzky at 89.  McDavid should be 96, and Toews should be 87.  Toews is a top 10 center in the league talent wise.  Not top 3.

Glad your head is finally in the right spot about Toews. 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Glad your head is finally in the right spot about Toews. 

Yes, he is a very good hockey player.  But he is not a generational talent hockey player.  Putting him above McDavid is just stupid.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yes, he is a very good hockey player.  But he is not a generational talent hockey player.  Putting him above McDavid is just stupid.

Finally you are seeing the media lovefest that is had with Toews. He is by a mile the most overrated player in the NHL, and NHL '18 ranking him above McDavid is just another example of that.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

Finally you are seeing the media lovefest that is had with Toews. He is by a mile the most overrated player in the NHL, and NHL '18 ranking him above McDavid is just another example of that.

This is the same troll that argued with you that Toews was better than Datsyuk

9 hours ago, BinMucker94 said:

You can outshoot opponents online 65-3 and lose 4-3 in ot just about every game. One team gets a brick wall in net, the other gets Swiss.

I remember back on NHL 97 and 98 on Sega, I'd be the Caps (IDK why, I just really like Dale Hunter on that game) and I'd score 40 or 50 goals every season with Mike F-ing Peluso.  I'd just load my team with guys who had high ratings for hitting and shot power.

On 7/28/2017 at 1:13 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I mean here's the Wings rankings. It's laughable. Looks like they have literally done nothing in regards to making player ratings accurate yet, hence why I say beta.

86 - Zetterberg

85 - Kronwall, Nyquist

83 - Nielsen, Tatar, DeKeyser, Larkin

82 - Green, Abdelkader, Howard, Mrazek

81 - Ericsson

80 - Helm

79 - Franzen, Sheahan

78 - Glendening

77 - Athanasiou, Mantha

76 - Vitale, Ouellet

75 - Miller

71 - Sproul, Russo

66 - Jensen

Aside from AA and Kronwall, these ratings couldn't be more accurate

Edited by WingsallTheway

6 hours ago, WingsallTheway said:

Ericsson should be way lower.  AA is where he should be, Kronwall is accurate assuming he's healthy, which he won't be. Vitale should be way lower.  Hell, a lot of them seem over rated.

Edited by DickieDunn

On 7/29/2017 at 11:33 PM, WingsallTheway said:

Sheahan/Glendening/Ericsson/Helm are better than Mantha?

Jensen is a 66?

Howard and Mrazek are equal?

Seems to me like they imported data from July 2016 and nothing is really updated.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

On 7/30/2017 at 1:33 AM, WingsallTheway said:

AA and Mantha should both be above Glendening Ericsson and Sheahan.

Kronwall an 85?  Are we in 2009?  Comparatively, Zetterberg is an 86, and he was way better last season than Kronwall, who arguably shouldn't be in the league anymore.  And what did DeKesyer do to deserve anything above 80?

Hard to rank Franzen since we haven't seen him play in 5 years.  I would think he's higher than a 79.

BTW, I remember 15 years ago, players would still be ranked at 100.  In NHL 2000, Jagr, Hasek, Kariya and Selanne were ranked 100.  When did they stop doing that in EA games?   

Edited by GMRwings1983