• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

THN's 20/20 Vision

Rate this topic

What the Detroit Red Wings roster will look like in 3 years (2019-20) according to The Hockey News...

Larkin - Zetterberg - Mantha

Tatar - Nielsen - Svechnikov

Athanasiou - Holmstrom - Abdelkader

Bertuzzi - Glendening - Smith

DeKeyser - Daley

Cholowski - Sproul

Ouellet - Jensen

Coreau

Mrazek

Link - http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/2020-vision-what-the-detroit-red-wings-roster-will-look-like-in-three-years

What do you think our roster will look like in 3 years from now, without taking into account any blockbuster trades or UFA signings?...

I'm hoping for something like this (I drafted Andrei in the 2018 draft)...

Tatar - Larkin - Mantha

Svechnikov - Zetterberg - Svechnikov

Bertuzzi - Rasmussen - Athanasiou

Abdelkader / Helm - Turgeon - Smith

Cholowski - Hronek

DeKeyser - Sproul

Hicketts - Sambrook

Mrazek

Coreau

Edited by krsmith17

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Unrealistic bro.

The first one you mentioned could actually happen

You think 4 trades in the span of 3 years is unrealistic? That just goes to show what an incompetent GM we have when it comes to making trades to improve the team...

The first one I mentioned isn't mine. It's the roster that The Hockey News came up with, and if that's more realistic, then we're in big trouble...

33 minutes ago, BadgerBob said:

I noticed both rosters Nyquist is gone. He walking in UFA?

I wouldn't let him walk, but we need to make some room for the kids coming up and he isn't under contract so I left him off my roster. In a perfect world we trade him for an upgrade on defense. I don't think that will happen though (see above)...

22 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I cannot imagine Hank still playing 3 years from now.

I can possibly see him playing in a reduced role, but certainly not as our top line center like THN suggested. Hank is our only player that has played all 164 games the past two seasons, but only making $1M the last two seasons, I could see him retiring if it doesn't effect the team too much.

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I cannot imagine Hank still playing 3 years from now.

People said that 3 years ago too lol. 

@krsmith17 I don't know if we pull off Svech and rid Nielsen too. Nielsen wanted to settle after having his kid. Maybe Daley and Glendening go. 

22 minutes ago, kickazz said:

People said that 3 years ago too lol. 

@krsmith17 I don't know if we pull off Svech and rid Nielsen too. Nielsen wanted to settle after having his kid. Maybe Daley and Glendening go. 

Svechnikov is a bit of a pipedream, but not out of the question. Same goes for Dahlin. If Zetterberg is still around in 3 years, I'd hope to get rid of Nielsen, but it's not a must. Regardless, changes need to be made, and I'm not convinced Holland is capable of making the necessary moves to get this team back on track.

What's Svech projected at right now anyways? Is he looking like 1st pick or just top 5 area? 

If I was Holland I would make moves to make sure we land Svech so he could play with his bro. Didn't the Vancouver GM back in the 90s make some trades to get the 1st and 2nd pick just so he could have Henrik and Daniel Sedin together on one team? 

I know the Svech brothers have openly said they want to be able to play together in the NHL. Nothing beats brotherly chemistry on ice unless your name is Datsyuk or Zetterberg and you're non-blood related twins. 

Edited by kickazz

37 minutes ago, kickazz said:

What's Svech projected at right now anyways? Is he looking like 1st pick or just top 5 area? 

If I was Holland I would make moves to make sure we land Svech so he could play with his bro. Didn't the Vancouver GM back in the 90s make some trades to get the 1st and 2nd pick just so he could have Henrik and Daniel Sedin together on one team? 

I know the Svech brothers have openly said they want to be able to play together in the NHL. Nothing beats brotherly chemistry on ice unless your name is Datsyuk or Zetterberg and you're non-blood related twins. 

Svechnikov and Dahlin are projected to go 1 / 2, but Liljegren was projected to go top 2 this time last year too, and we all seen how that played out. Hopefully we can strike gold with one of those two. I agree, Holland should do what he can to get Svech. Burke did a lot of wheeling and dealing to get the Sedin's, turning 4th overall into 2nd and 3rd overall. Assuming we're out of the playoffs, getting into the top 2 should be a priority.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Tatar  Larkin  Mantha
Elfstrom  Holmstrom  Nyquist
Rasmussen  Nielsen  Svechnikov
Bertuzzi  Glendening  Abdelkader

Fleury  Jensen
Cholowski  Hronek
DeKeyser  Saarijarvi

Mrazek
Petruzzelli

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're that high on Elfstrom? I'd be shocked if he makes the NHL, let alone becomes a 2nd line winger. I also don't think Holmstrom will be anything more than a bottom 6 forward.

Just now, krsmith17 said:

You're that high on Elfstrom? I'd be shocked if he makes the NHL, let alone becomes a 2nd line winger. I also don't think Holmstrom will be anything more than a bottom 6 forward.

Agree on both counts. But I figure we might be due for a Franzen-esque overachiever or two. I'm more hoping than expecting.

I mean, realistically, maybe one of our current D prospects becomes a really good NHL defenseman. So...yeah. We don't appear to have much #Legit talent in the system, so this is all kind of an exercise in self-delusion. :cheesy:

9 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Agree on both counts. But I figure we might be due for a Franzen-esque overachiever or two. I'm more hoping than expecting.

I mean, realistically, maybe one of our current D prospects becomes a really good NHL defenseman. So...yeah. We don't appear to have much #Legit talent in the system, so this is all kind of an exercise in self-delusion. :cheesy:

Yeah, I'm hoping Cholowski and / or Hronek can develop into top pair defensemen. Maybe one becomes a true number one, but I agree that we likely need to look outside the organization for that stud number one. Bean remains to be my pipe dream, but Fleury would be a great addition as well.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I'm hoping Cholowski and / or Hronek can develop into top pair defensemen. Maybe one becomes a true number one, but I agree that we likely need to look outside the organization for that stud number one. Bean remains to be my pipe dream, but Fleury would be a great addition as well.

At the end of the day, I think the cold, hard truth is that we need to get lucky in one or more of the next several drafts and score us some truly elite talent. I don't think the UFA market will save us. I don't think the trade market will save us. I highly doubt the talent that we already have in the system will be enough.

We need a Rasmus Dahlin in the worst way.

32 minutes ago, Dabura said:

At the end of the day, I think the cold, hard truth is that we need to get lucky in one or more of the next several drafts and score us some truly elite talent. I don't think the UFA market will save us. I don't think the trade market will save us. I highly doubt the talent that we already have in the system will be enough.

We need a Rasmus Dahlin in the worst way.

I agree that the UFA market isn't going to save us, and it's time for Holland to come to realization of this. However, I do think the trade market could save us, if we had a GM that was capable of pulling off a couple big time trades.

Dahlin would be a great add for us. I really wish we somehow got Liljegren in this year's draft, but of course he slipped to the Leafs. Imagine a top pair of Dahlin - Liljegren for the next 10-15 years... Instead we'll have to settle with Dahlin - Hronek...

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I understand the ground rules, but it's silly to project a roster that far into the future, pretending there won't be any trades or FA signings.  

I agree. The likelihood of anyone getting a roster even remotely close to what it will be in three years from now is slim to none. It's still fun to predict (maybe not for you).

It's really not much different than talking about what if trade scenarios (Trouba), or what if free agent scenarios (Tavares), or predicting where the Wings will finish in the standings, or who will win the Stanley Cup, or the countless other things that are discussed on this board that we have no real way of predicting with any sort of accuracy...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree. The likelihood of anyone getting a roster even remotely close to what it will be in three years from now is slim to none. It's still fun to predict (maybe not for you).

It's really not much different than talking about what if trade scenarios (Trouba), or what if free agent scenarios (Tavares), or predicting where the Wings will finish in the standings, or who will win the Stanley Cup, or the countless other things that are discussed on this board that we have no real way of predicting with any sort of accuracy...

Yes, but three years is a little far.  Predicting the upcoming season based on an educated guess is a different matter.