• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Eddie Olczyk

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, kliq said:

When I googled it, it said he was a "Blackhawks announcer".

He is.. when he's not commentating for NBC, anyway. He's also from Illinois and was drafted third overall by the Hawks/started his playing career there. Helps explain his bias against the wings ;) 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Olczyk

anyway, that sucks to hear. I don't like the guy but I think anyone can say they hate cancer way worse.. hope he gets well soon. 

Edited by amato

As I said in the chat window, I loathe the guy as an announcer, but I sincerely hope he kicks cancer's ass and beats it.  Best wishes for a swift and complete recovery, Edzo.

Thoughts and prayers for his family too so they can stay strong and positive for him.  That makes a huge difference (my best friend's daughter beat cancer at 16 a couple of years ago, the family and friend support is huge)

Edited by TheXym

Olczyk is arguably one of the most biased color commentators I've ever seen in any sport.  The fact that NBC sports allows him to work on a national telecast when either the Blackhawks (and to a lesser extent, the Penguins) are playing is a flat out disgrace.

That said, I absolutely wish him a full and speedy recovery from this.  Hoping he'll be back for me to mute soon!