• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

What Is Your #Hype Level Re: the Red Wings' 2017-18 Season?

Rate this topic

24 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

10. By this point I'm always just hyped for hockey to start, whether or not I logically think the Wings are going to be any good. There's always a little optimistic part of me for a new season.

This for me as well. I miss hockey. Looking forward to see if Larkin, Sheahan, DeKeyser and Mrazek can rebound from bad to awful seasons, and to see if Mantha and Athanasiou can build on solid seasons. Also looking forward to keep an eye on a few promising prospects. I'll be watching as many Griffins games as I can, to see if Svechnikov and Hicketts can take another step, and what Hronek can do in his first full season. I'll also be keeping a close eye on a few players in junior as well, mainly Cholowski, Sambrook, Rasmussen and Smith.

5 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

10. I think they'll be better then last year and probably in the playoffs. I'll get to see them in Minnesota, planning a trip to LA and to see the new arena

I'm hoping to get down for a game as well. I'd love to get down for the season opener against Minnesota, but that's not going to happen. I'm thinking maybe December or January...

1 hour ago, Echolalia said:

actually surprised at all the 10s thus far.  My hype level is at a 3 now, personally, and most of that revolves around my excitement for watching Mantha, Larkin, and AA

Same.

The possibility of the possibility (yes, you read that right -- the possibility of the possibility) of drafting Dahlin or A. Svechnikov might boost my number to a 4, I dunno.

I am not especially excited. I want to skip forward a season or two or three.

17 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Same.

The possibility of the possibility (yes, you read that right -- the possibility of the possibility) of drafting Dahlin or A. Svechnikov might boost my number to a 4, I dunno.

I am not especially excited. I want to skip forward a season or two or three.

Even if I'm not happy with the management decisions and things like that, I'm always just excited to see what we do have and what it can do. Like someone else said, this mostly revolves around people like Mantha, AA, and Larkin. But honestly anyone of Nyquist or Tatar could have a random big season or take an unexpected step forward. This applies to a few others as well I think, and that sort of stuff just feeds my optimistic side some excitement. To me the league has just gotten a lot less predictable over the past few years, and that really benefits us Wings fans in our current spot I think.

1 hour ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Even if I'm not happy with the management decisions and things like that, I'm always just excited to see what we do have and what it can do. Like someone else said, this mostly revolves around people like Mantha, AA, and Larkin. But honestly anyone of Nyquist or Tatar could have a random big season or take an unexpected step forward. This applies to a few others as well I think, and that sort of stuff just feeds my optimistic side some excitement. To me the league has just gotten a lot less predictable over the past few years, and that really benefits us Wings fans in our current spot I think.

I mean, I'm kind of excited. I'm really hoping one of the kids has a monster season. That would be great.

But, overall, I think we're probably a bubble team at best. Our blue line is still a mess. Zetterberg is a year older. We've established ourselves as a bad possession team and I don't see that changing this season. We're up against the cap. Trades are hard. We like our team. Sometimes less can be more exciting. There's no hockey store. Something something something.

I'm still gonna root for the team. I'm still gonna watch every game. I'm still gonna be posting here nearly every day. I'm just not all that gung-ho about the team we're icing. I'm fearing we miss the playoffs by a few points and pick 13th overall in the draft. At this point, I'm sort of in the "Find a way to load up and go on a deep, legitimate run...or crash and burn and get a high first-round pick. No in-between" camp.

Edited by Dabura

Hyped for hockey to start again blah blah blah miss drinking barley pops and yelling at my tv blah blah blah all the usual stuff...

My hype level for this team? Solid 5. Part of me believes last year was an epic s***storm of everything that could go wrong going wrong. The whole thing was strangely bad. This gives me hope we can rebound in a big way. The other part of me believes we truly do suck. So idk how to feel. Solid 5.

Im sure my opinion will swing wildly in the first 10 games. After that things will get more clear. This team is on short leash with me. If we come out flat in the first 10 im gonna start building my folder of tank gifs and start a Rasmus Dahlin thread. 

Strong 6, bordering on 7.

On the one hand, I think we bounce back to bubble status. Maybe holds my interest a little more, in game by game terms, but not really that exciting.

On the other hand, there is always the possibility of a HELE. Always exciting no matter how minute the chance.

On another other hand, the universe has thus far proven frustratingly unreliable when it comes to destroying things I hate, so I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

2 hours ago, xault said:

I am happy for hockey in general to start up. But as the Wings, I give it solid "meh" out of 10.

This is about where I'm at.  I'm fully prepared for the wings to be awful.

2 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

About as excited as I get when Roman Reigns or John Cena come out.  

I'd say I'm at about a Dean Ambrose (when he's doing his comedy shtick).

Edited by kliq

I am hyped about hockey starting, and I am also hyped to see the Wings play.  I already have tickets to see the Wings play in Dallas and Vegas (road trips!).  So I would say 10.  I am also hyped for the return of hockey in general.  10 out of 10.

On the flip side, many of my friends who are Wings fans are kind of excited, but the excitement is curbed because the Wings are not the best team in the league.  Lets face facts here, fans love a winner.  The next few years are going to be rough on Wings fans.  Many are going to leave, and thats ok.  I used to be irritated with bandwagon fans, but now I understand it.  Why support a team that is in the crapper if the management doesn't appear to care?  I now understand why Hawks fans vanished like a fart in the wind when management was crapping on the team.  The Wings fans will return.

On 8/26/2017 at 4:09 PM, kliq said:

I'd say I'm at about a Dean Ambrose (when he's doing his comedy shtick).

No Shockmaster or Gobbledegooker?  

If you're going with the wrestling level motif, I'm going to kick it old school and say Norman Smiley.

For hockey in general a 10, for the Wings and their current state, about a 3 and expecting to be disappointed further. I see us quickly joining the cellar in points as highly paid veterans under perform while youth is wasted, and then a long delay in accountability in finally firing Blashill. The new coach will come in, stir things up a bit and we will improve, but still miss the playoffs. 

I'm going with 3. I'm glad hockey will be back, and it'll be great watching the Wings again. But I don't remember being this down about the Wings in forever. I'm surprised at all the 10's around here, but good for you guys. I think we'll be out of the race by january.