• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Athanasiou Signed 1 year $1.4 mil

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

The Winged Wheel podcast had a pretty level headed take on the situation and I really agree it's basically a win win situation:

AA signs: Wings have a young third line winger with second line updside

AA walks: capspace plus the Wings are worse thus improving their chances for Dahlin

And that's exactly where I'm at now I don't care anymore because it's really a win win situation

AA is first line upside potentially in my opinion. On top of that, it's bad logic. It implies we should let our prospects walk to improve our chances to land a generational talent. I would rather let our veterans walk to further that chance.

I was called a moron for posting this on Facebook, but that McDavid contract has increased the value of all young RFA's. AA is comparing himself to McDavid now, and is being unrealistic. Soon the highest paid players in the league are going to be in their early 20's.

This McDavid contract is going to lead to another lockout. The owners will want a cap on RFA contracts next.

2 hours ago, Barrie said:

I was called a moron for posting this on Facebook, but that McDavid contract has increased the value of all young RFA's. AA is comparing himself to McDavid now, and is being unrealistic. Soon the highest paid players in the league are going to be in their early 20's.

This McDavid contract is going to lead to another lockout. The owners will want a cap on RFA contracts next.

I could see this. The more money RFA's get paid, means less money for UFA's/vets in a capped system. I could actually see the PA being fine with it to for that very reason, though MCDavid specifically is a bit of an outlier.

11 hours ago, kickazz said:

Grand scheme of things is negligible for a hockey player. 

No, it's not.  Maybe for a guy like McDavid, for a rank and file player, especially one just starting out, it's a lot of money.  It's comparable to you thinking you're worth $50k a year and your boss only wanting to pay you $38k.  24% less.

57 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

No, it's not.  Maybe for a guy like McDavid, for a rank and file player, especially one just starting out, it's a lot of money.  It's comparable to you thinking you're worth $50k a year and your boss only wanting to pay you $38k.  24% less.

Except that $38k won't buy me a porche. But $1.9 million will. And me "thinking" I'm worth $50k doesn't make me worth that much. 

After reading more,

Anderson and Kekalainen are only apart by 150K. That makes AA's 600K seem like a mountain. 

Gotta hand it to this agent, he's really scraping for every penny for his clients, but holy cow are his methods distasteful. KHL threats. Trade threats. He's making enemies that's for certain. 

The Josh andersson situation does seem to be very similar. Same agent. Both players had 29 pts last year (AA had 1 more goal, 14 less games). They were even both 4th rounders in 2012.

Columbus is offering 1 year at 1.9 or 3 years at less than that. WIngs offer was 2 years at 1.9.

http://www.tsn.ca/report-jackets-anderson-still-far-apart-in-contract-talks-1.862670

1 hour ago, ShanahanMan said:

I see an offer sheet coming. 

Pretty sure offer sheets are only done between free agency and training camp, In other words i'm pretty sure offer sheet time is done. And one would've been offered by now if they were to do it.