• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Athanasiou Signed 1 year $1.4 mil

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, kjw25 said:

What exactly is AA waiting for???

That's what i would like to know? Clearly he isn't playing in the KHL or he'd already be gone. Not sure what Darren Ferris is doing for Josh Anderson and Andreas Athanasiou but stunting their individual careers.

13 hours ago, kjw25 said:

I think the offer to AA from Holland is fair. I just hate the fact we have no cap space at all because of Hollands total miss management. DeKeyser, Adbelkader and Helm contracts just make no sense at all, so pathetic. 

I see where you are coming from in regards to Abby & Helm, but I disagree with the DD contract. He's a bit overpaid, sure. But for a team that has struggled mightily in the D department, you need to lock up your only legit top 4 young D-man. The issue with DD is that last year he played first pairing and fans expected top pairing production from him, same issue fans have with Nyquist/Tatar. Put DD back on 2nd pairing where he belongs with a solid partner and nobody will have an issue with him. 5mil for a top 4 guy his his age is not that bad. 

If you could snap your finger and just 3 of E, Howard, Abby, Helm, and Nielsen were gone, nobody would even care about DD's contract.

Edited by kliq

On 9/28/2017 at 8:07 PM, krsmith17 said:

Teams must submit their cap-compliant rosters by 5pm EST, Tuesday, October 3rd.

Either he's on or not. Doubt there are any loopholes. Anyone?

Just now, Jacksoni said:

Either he's on or not. Doubt there are any loopholes. Anyone?

He can still be added to the roster after, it would just have to be done simultaneously with another move so we stay cap compliant. He does have to sign prior to December something though (couldn't find the exact date), or he has to sit out the whole year.