• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Athanasiou Signed 1 year $1.4 mil

Rate this topic

I haven't been following too close, and I don't want to go through 27 pages, but what is AA asking for? Dude's only played 101 games in the NHL, he has to be realistic. Holland, if you like him or not, isn't a GM who low balls.

2 hours ago, Barrie said:

I haven't been following too close, and I don't want to go through 27 pages, but what is AA asking for? Dude's only played 101 games in the NHL, he has to be realistic. Holland, if you like him or not, isn't a GM who low balls.

It's believed he's looking for around $2.5M x 2 years. But it also seems like there's more to it than the money. Apparently he wants to be guaranteed a spot in the top nine and PP time and PK time -- and apparently Holland has given him that guarantee. Maybe he wants Blashill gone. Maybe he's got a problem with a teammate. Maybe he wants to play in the Olympics. Maybe he's being a big baby.

I'm starting to sour on him.

3 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

I don't know if it's Pride or common sense, to stay under Blash, less cash, less ice time, plus no olympics.... I say, right call by AA. 

I'm willing to bet that @ChristopherReevesLegs is his agent. He recently went on a "business" trip to Switzerland,  always braggin' about how he's richer than Dan Bilzerian, all those coke parties... 

I just had a hotdog with a slice of bread instead of a bun for dinner. I call it livin the dream.

AA is a prima donna, go overseas, good riddance. AA has really not established himself as a superstar, 1.9 million a year seems like an awful lot of money to me. If he would just sign this deal, I am sure at the end of this one knowing Ken Holland, he would offer AA a 12 year deal worth 6 million a year. Have fun in Switzerland, don't get fat eating the good chocolate. 

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I just had a hotdog with a slice of bread instead of a bun for dinner. I call it livin the dream.

Canape+de+salchichas+web+1.jpg

they're called canapes, you probably at a Wine, cheese and coke party with Huds. stop showing off!

Edited by NerveDamage

Next year Mantha and Larkin will be junior guys not worth investing coin on either right? Will everyone quickly bid them adios when they ask for $4Mill each? AA was a bright spot last year constantly in Blashill's dog house due to his defense as a forward and an after thought in negotiations due to Holland's past bad contracts and inability to make a trade. Tatar shouldn't have been signed and Nyquist, Nielsen or Sheahan dealt. If things are tight now what happens next year when Holland's GM skills are on display again with an even worse cap situation? Sorry AA you deserved a better fate both from a coach and from an organization.

21 minutes ago, kylee said:

See ya, AA. Time for Frk and others to step up

Frk looked pretty good in person.. I hope he gets more than 10mins a night like he did on opening day.. Being that AA was lucky to get over 12:mins I doubt it.

Edited by xault

Johnathan Ericsson makes 4.2 million and DeKeyser makes 5 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I get why AA won't accept 1.9 million.

MAKES ME SICK TO SAY- ERICSSON MAKES 4.2 MILLION A YEAR  :confused::confused:

AA's only options are to play in Europe or with the Wings, Reportedly the KHL offered him less then what he wanted plus he's losing tons of money right now by not playing in the KHL. And he wont make nearly enough in Europe that he would make playing in Detroit right now he's clearly hurting himself and his potential value would be sinking as well. AA needs to grow up and decide what's best for his future i understand that he wants to play for the Canadian Olympic  team but come on i'm sure his NHL career is very important to him this sounds like a lot of the Jacob Trouba incident last year with Winnipeg where he signed late and played about 60 games or so if AA doesn't sign by Dec 1st then he can't play in the NHL this year. He needs to grow up and stop acting like a child.

8 hours ago, kjw25 said:

Johnathan Ericsson makes 4.2 million and DeKeyser makes 5 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I get why AA won't accept 1.9 million.

MAKES ME SICK TO SAY- ERICSSON MAKES 4.2 MILLION A YEAR  :confused::confused:

Really? Both Ericsson and DeKeyser were within one year of being UFA's when they signed their deals AA still has 3 more years before he's in the same boat. Plus both Ericsson and DeKeyser had tons more games in the NHL when they signed their deals then AA has AA has 43 points in 101 games hardly worthy of big money. Sam Bennett has more points then AA and signed a 2 year deal @ $1.95 million per and Holland offered AA $1.9 million per for 2 years way more then fair for what AA brings to the table. Please don't compare Ericsson and DeKeyser with AA it's not a fair comparison.

1 hour ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Really? Both Ericsson and DeKeyser were within one year of being UFA's when they signed their deals AA still has 3 more years before he's in the same boat. Plus both Ericsson and DeKeyser had tons more games in the NHL when they signed their deals then AA has AA has 43 points in 101 games hardly worthy of big money. Sam Bennett has more points then AA and signed a 2 year deal @ $1.95 million per and Holland offered AA $1.9 million per for 2 years way more then fair for what AA brings to the table. Please don't compare Ericsson and DeKeyser with AA it's not a fair comparison.

Also both Ericsson and dekeyser both looked to be on the verge of being legit top 3 dmen before signing and then regressed after. 

3 hours ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

AA is asking for 2.5 million per year.  Hardly "big money". 

Also Sam Bennett, your "comparable", scored fewer points last season than AA, despite playing a minute more per game, and playing 17 more games.  So yeah, he SHOULD accept 1.9...he's not as good as AA is.

Edited by kipwinger

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

AA is asking for 2.5 million per year.  Hardly "big money". 

Also Sam Bennett, your "comparable", scored fewer points last season than AA, despite playing a minute more per game, and playing 17 more games.  So yeah, he SHOULD accept 1.9...he's not as good as AA is.

Never said that $2.5 million was big money and i definitely feel that AA is worth that much, Sam Bennett in his best year had 36 points like AA did this past season Bennett has played 59 more games then AA and has 20 more points then AA plus is 2 years younger then AA that all comes into it Bennett is going into his 3rd full season where AA has yet to play one full season and you honestly think that AA is worth more then Sam Bennett who's playing on a better team. I don't think so.

Edited by LoveMyRedWings56

5 minutes ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Never said that $2.5 million was big money and i definitely feel that AA is worth that much, Sam Bennett in his best year had 36 points like AA did this past season Bennett has played 59 more games then AA and has 16 more points then AA plus is 2 years younger then AA that all comes into it Bennett is going into his 3rd full season where AA has yet to play one full season and you honestly think that AA is worth more then Sam Bennett who's playing on a better team. I don't think so.

AA's points per game average is better than Bennett, despite being on a worse team. So yeah, I'd pay extra for the guy who scores more despite being on a worse team.  I'd be wary of guys who score less on better teams.  But that's just me.  Are you saying that you'd rather pay more for a guy who is on a better team but produces less?

Also, you said AA's production was hardly worth "big money".  But nobody, including AA, is suggesting he's worth big money. 

Edited by kipwinger

14 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

AA's points per game average is better than Bennett, despite being on a worse team. So yeah, I'd pay extra for the guy who scores more despite being on a worse team.  I'd be wary of guys who score less on better teams.  But that's just me.  Are you saying that you'd rather pay more for a guy who is on a better team but produces less?

Also, you said AA's production was hardly worth "big money".  But nobody, including AA, is suggesting he's worth big money. 

If you look up a vast majority of AA's goals it was due to Thomas Vanek setting him up and we know longer have Thomas Vanek a vast majority of AA's goals were setup by Vanek probably 3/4 of them were due in fact to Vanek being a very good setup man for us last season.

Just now, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

If you look up a vast majority of AA's goals it was due to Thomas Vanek setting him up and we know longer have Thomas Vanek a vast majority of AA's goals were setup by Vanek probably 3/4 of them were due in fact to Vanek being a very good setup man for us last season.

His goals per game average was just as high the year before, without Vanek, as it was last year.  But what you're saying is a truism anyway.  Of course most of your goals are set up by your linemates. The only other options are that you score all of your goals by yourself, or your goals are set up by guys who aren't on the ice with you. 

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

His goals per game average was just as high the year before, without Vanek, as it was last year.  But what you're saying is a truism anyway.  Of course most of your goals are set up by your linemates. The only other options are that you score all of your goals by yourself, or your goals are set up by guys who aren't on the ice with you. 

Agreed, we aren't talking a Thornton/Cheechoo situation here.