• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Athanasiou Signed 1 year $1.4 mil

Rate this topic

23 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I might be in the minority here, but I tend to agree. I don't think Ericsson and Neilsen are quite living up to those contracts, despite what others may say.

If you are in the minority, you shouldn't be.  I had high hopes for Nielsen being a solid two way player, but he doesn't seem to be excelling at either end and for the money we're spending on him, its overpayment. 

On 10/10/2017 at 3:01 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I might be in the minority here, but I tend to agree. I don't think Ericsson and Neilsen are quite living up to those contracts, despite what others may say.

we should have kept Vanek and trade Nielsen.

large.VanekinDetroit_A_01.jpg.0ac228d7e2fd2363efe50d9fdd3a570b.jpg

this maemae is useless now...

Edited by NerveDamage

AA's Agent Says Decision Coming Next Week

also

Holland Officially Taking Trade Calls For AA

According to TSN's Bob McKenzie, the ask from the Red Wings "is a player of similar offensive skill who is at the same age or younger than Athanasiou.

Holland trying to get a deal done before he chooses Switzerland?

24 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Does anyone know how to ignore specific users?

yep, go to your profile and hit Delete Account.

giphy.gif

or you can try the new format of the forums although it's still in Beta...

Edited by NerveDamage

18 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

yep, go to your profile and hit Delete Account.

giphy.gif

or you can try the new format of the forums although it's still in Beta...

Ehhh I noped out of the Beta forums. It was all weird dog quizes, pics of thanksgiving turkeys, and users trying to wreck my fantasy league. One guy even tried to send me a dic pic. Wayyyy too BETA in there still. 

22 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ehhh I noped out of the Beta forums. It was all weird dog quizes, pics of thanksgiving turkeys, and users trying to wreck my fantasy league. One guy even tried to send me a dic pic. Wayyyy too BETA in there still. 

are you sure you didn't "accidentally" logged in the Plastics forum?

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Interesting.

From that first piece:

What we are also learning is that while the Red Wings are not actively shopping Athanasiou, teams are calling about him, with the Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators and Los Angeles Kings displaying the most interest in him. The Canadiens, who are currently being outscored by Alex Ovechkin and are tied with Mika Zibanejad, James Neal and Brandon Saad, desperately need a player who can provide them with offense. (Could a deal involving Alex Galchenyuk make sense at this point? Yes. Yes, it could.) Athanasiou fits the Kings’ new philosophy tilting toward more speed and offense and the Senators could use a player of Athanasiou’s skill and speed to supplement their left wing corps.

It's Ken Campbell, whose word I tend to take with a grain of salt -- but I do agree that, in theory, an AA-Galchenyuk swap makes some sense. Certainly the idea is tantalizing.

Galchenyuk is 23. He's gifted offensively and problematic defensively. He's a natural center who has the potential to be a solid top-six centerman, but he hasn't really been able to earn his coaches' trust on that front -- and now he's skating on Montreal's fourth line, as a winger. He's probably better than AA at this time. He's definitely the more proven player. But it's no secret that the Habs need some dynamic, gamebreaking talent up front. AA might be able to help that cause.

Galchenyuk's cap hit is $4.9M, so we'd probably have to send them more than just AA. Unlike the Wings, the Habs do have some cap space...

Edited by Dabura

11 hours ago, Dabura said:

Interesting.

From that first piece:

What we are also learning is that while the Red Wings are not actively shopping Athanasiou, teams are calling about him, with the Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators and Los Angeles Kings displaying the most interest in him. The Canadiens, who are currently being outscored by Alex Ovechkin and are tied with Mika Zibanejad, James Neal and Brandon Saad, desperately need a player who can provide them with offense. (Could a deal involving Alex Galchenyuk make sense at this point? Yes. Yes, it could.) Athanasiou fits the Kings’ new philosophy tilting toward more speed and offense and the Senators could use a player of Athanasiou’s skill and speed to supplement their left wing corps.

It's Ken Campbell, whose word I tend to take with a grain of salt -- but I do agree that, in theory, an AA-Galchenyuk swap makes some sense. Certainly the idea is tantalizing.

Galchenyuk is 23. He's gifted offensively and problematic defensively. He's a natural center who has the potential to be a solid top-six centerman, but he hasn't really been able to earn his coaches' trust on that front -- and now he's skating on Montreal's fourth line, as a winger. He's probably better than AA at this time. He's definitely the more proven player. But it's no secret that the Habs need some dynamic, gamebreaking talent up front. AA might be able to help that cause.

Galchenyuk's cap hit is $4.9M, so we'd probably have to send them more than just AA. Unlike the Wings, the Habs do have some cap space...

I would take the trade of Galchenyuk for AA and Ericsson!

40 minutes ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

I would take the trade of Galchenyuk for AA and Ericsson!

Not sure if you're serious, but Ericsson would lower the value, not increase it...

I say Sheahan and Ouellet for Galchenyuk. Sign Athanasiou to $2.1M x 2 years... Kronwall to LTIR.

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Mantha

Galchenyuk - Larkin - Tatar

Athanasiou - Nielsen - Frk

Abdelkader - Helm - Glendening / Booth

Daley - Green

DeKeyser - Jensen

Hicketts - Sproul

Ericsson