• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Athanasiou Signed 1 year $1.4 mil

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, Dabura said:

I don't think there's anything smart about what he's doing. He's cutting off his nose to spite his face. His brand is fast becoming "bratty malcontent."

So if it's not making him famous, would you say it's making him in-famous?

2131159f78be3d8fe8ddd7105e9286ce.jpg

What AA is doing makes zero sense anymore. He’s still got time before he can’t play in the NHL this season, but it can’t be a money issue cause he’s already lost some. He’s not going to the KHL, and Switzerland was never an option. Missing out on nearly $2 million just to try out for the Olympics? Doubt it. 

Unless he really doesn’t want to play in Detroit under Blash, and seeing how Holland has screwed this team up. If that’s the case, both sides (or just AA for now) are keeping that very quiet. He may end up being traded, although Holland has stated he won’t. Somethings gotta give soon.

2 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

What AA is doing makes zero sense anymore. He’s still got time before he can’t play in the NHL this season, but it can’t be a money issue cause he’s already lost some. He’s not going to the KHL, and Switzerland was never an option. Missing out on nearly $2 million just to try out for the Olympics? Doubt it. 

Unless he really doesn’t want to play in Detroit under Blash, and seeing how Holland has screwed this team up. If that’s the case, both sides (or just AA for now) are keeping that very quiet. He may end up being traded, although Holland has stated he won’t. Somethings gotta give soon.

He probably wants to be traded, which still makes him stupid. Yzerman set the precedent last year with Drouin, which only led to Drouin sitting doing nothing and looking like a spoiled fool. Apparently AA wasn't watching...  

42 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

When we are 10-20-3, people will be more mad at Holland.  2 games ago, it looked like we could do without AA.  That's starting to swing aa the opponents are getting better.

Nah, people will happy at this point. Most fans want us to suck in order to get a pick.

What people would be pissed about is if we are sitting 6 points out of the playoffs. Being way out, or being in will make people happy.

15 minutes ago, BinMucker94 said:

Yes, but if he'll be on the 3rd or 4th line with stupid linemates, it makes no difference. The problem is the coach, it has been way too apparent since he split up the lines.  Sure Z still rocks no matter who he's with, but why has he split up the FLM line? Why does Abby have to be in the top 6? All this matters because Blashill is going to play use AA all wrong!

Edited by LeftWinger

23 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Yes, but if he'll be on the 3rd or 4th line with stupid linemates, it makes no difference. The problem is the coach, it has been way too apparent since he split up the lines.  Sure Z still rocks no matter who he's with, but why has he split up the FLM line? Why does Abby have to be in the top 6? All this matters because Blashill is going to play use AA all wrong!

He'd probably play with 2 of Helm, Neilsen, Frk. Nielsen flanked by AA and Frk might breath some life into our 5 million dollar supposed 2C

3 hours ago, BinMucker94 said:

Read about this earlier. Still more of the same crap. Still trying to talk it out, etc, etc. Seen so many “updates” which the writer may as well have not wasted the time on because it contained nothing we didn’t know already.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So what do we do with him going forward? Sweep it all under the rug? Trade him at the deadline? It will depend on how he plays this year I guess.

Let him bust his arse and see where he is at deadline and what offers we can get for him. He should be no he HAS to be super motivated to prove why he held out. He will be a RFA with arbitration rights at end of year(correct?) so he flops gets hurt etc value could decrease in arbitration.

Next question does Sheehan wear a flightless bird soon to clear space? Or who is pushed onto waiver or buyout?

2 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Let him bust his arse and see where he is at deadline and what offers we can get for him. He should be no he HAS to be super motivated to prove why he held out. He will be a RFA with arbitration rights at end of year(correct?) so he flops gets hurt etc value could decrease in arbitration.

Next question does Sheehan wear a flightless bird soon to clear space? Or who is pushed onto waiver or buyout?

Yeah, he better come out like a man possessed after all this bulls***. I'd be okay with shopping him. If we could get a young top 3 defenseman, or a defense prospect with top 2 potential, I'd pull the trigger for sure.

If it's Sheahan, he will be traded, not waived. I'd be okay with that, depending on the return. Ideally, waiving one Booth or (preferably) Witkowski, would be enough to get cap compliant though.

Looks like this may get done really soon, if it's not already. Today?

It will be hilarious to me if he has a sophomore slump like Larkin did, and gets shut down this season after all this drama. If I'm Ken Holland, and I'm looking at the pieces I can trade that have value... Athanasiou is at the top of the list with his name highlighted and underlined. He needs to be hella productive this year, any good graces he had are long gone.

1 hour ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

Any thoughts on AA to LA for Jake Muzzin?

Would do that deal in a heartbeat, Though by the sound of things Holland wants a player close to AA's age or younger and Muzzin is what 27 now.

51 minutes ago, Fedorovfan said:

I'd much rather AA to the Jets for Trouba. But that won't happen

Same here, But unfortunately it would take far more then just AA to get Trouba out of Winnipeg. And doubt we've the pieces for Trouba.

People are way too butthurt about this hold out.  He thought he was worth more than he was being offered, Holland disagreed, and AA thought he had more leverage than he did.  It's not like he publicly stated that he'd never play for Detroit again, or badmouthed the coach or organization.  He'll have to eat some humble pie from his teammates, but he makes the team better and in the end that's all the players really care about.

36 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, he better come out like a man possessed after all this bulls***. I'd be okay with shopping him. If we could get a young top 3 defenseman, or a defense prospect with top 2 potential, I'd pull the trigger for sure.

If it's Sheahan, he will be traded, not waived. I'd be okay with that, depending on the return. Ideally, waiving one Booth or (preferably) Witkowski, would be enough to get cap compliant though.

Looks like this may get done really soon, if it's not already. Today?

We’ll see. Until it’s confirmed, the media, no matter the source, are just writing fluff pieces now IMO. Sooo much crap already.

21 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

People are way too butthurt about this hold out.  He thought he was worth more than he was being offered, Holland disagreed, and AA thought he had more leverage than he did.  It's not like he publicly stated that he'd never play for Detroit again, or badmouthed the coach or organization.  He'll have to eat some humble pie from his teammates, but he makes the team better and in the end that's all the players really care about.

This kid has been known to have arrogance/attitude problems since his time in London. This isn't some isolated incident. His unwillingness to commit to Blashill's defensive scheme kept him out of the Top6 last season. His unwillingness to accept fair compensation has kept him completely out of the lineup this season. I think you're being more than a bit naive if you really think it's as cut and dry as you suggest. This isn't all just numbers on paper, it's people with personalities. AA's personality has shown that it's not exactly in tune with the rest of the organizations so far in his short career.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

We’ll see. Until it’s confirmed, the media, no matter the source, are just writing fluff pieces now IMO. Sooo much crap already.

For what it's worth, Elliotte Friedman is reporting it. He's one of the most credible rumormongers in the business.

Edited by Dabura

39 minutes ago, Dabura said:

For what it's worth, Elliotte Friedman is reporting it. He's one of the most credible rumormongers in the business.

True that. I've just read too many pointless articles and rumour pieces. Just get him signed already..

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It will be hilarious to me if he has a sophomore slump like Larkin did, and gets shut down this season after all this drama. If I'm Ken Holland, and I'm looking at the pieces I can trade that have value... Athanasiou is at the top of the list with his name highlighted and underlined. He needs to be hella productive this year, any good graces he had are long gone.

And on the other end of that spectrum, how will we treat it if he comes out guns blazing and finishes with 25+ goals? Do we still let him just walk cause of whats transpired or....?

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So what do we do with him going forward? Sweep it all under the rug? Trade him at the deadline? It will depend on how he plays this year I guess.

Cory Emmerton 2.0

*edit:

lol, but seriously... I hope he gets more Ice time and a decent shot. I hope they don't play Sheahan over him on the PP or any line for that matter.

Edited by NerveDamage