• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Athanasiou Signed 1 year $1.4 mil

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Thats exactly my point.  AA accepting 2 mil per means he's accepting 4th line duties on a crappy team.  He knows he's one of the best forwards on the team.   Why make 1/2 as much as Helm when you produce twice as much?

Helm has been in the league a lot longer and was a ufa. AA has 1 year under his belt as an rfa. For all we know he got lucky last year. Your logic is flawed. But considering you just hate people, and try to notice flame wars, its to be expected. 

2 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

Helm has been in the league a lot longer and was a ufa. AA has 1 year under his belt as an rfa. For all we know he got lucky last year. Your logic is flawed. But considering you just hate people, and try to notice flame wars, its to be expected. 

The sad thing is when people agree with him. Lawl.

14 hours ago, kickazz said:

13 minutes in the best league in the world vs 20 in a s*** league with mediocre players and a 40 year old Datsyuk? 

the problem is that 40 years old Datsyuk is miles ahead of everyone except for Zetterberg on the Detroit roster.

As a fan I don't like what Athanasiou is doing but I can understand him.

23 minutes ago, Rivalred said:

Maybe the organization realizes it has to stop overpaying players, so they are going to start with AA?

Nah. I think people are reading too much into this situation.

AA's an RFA with roughly one NHL season under his belt. He's cost-controlled. His only leverage is "KHL tho." Holland is refusing to play ball and that's good. If Holland does play ball and he does give AA a couple million dollars more than he'd like to, then he's setting a dangerous precedent -- specifically, that he can be bullied by 23-year-old NHL rookies. Overpaying older players is one thing, but overpaying older players plus failing to keep unproven 23-year-old RFAs under heel is a recipe for organizational ruin, in terms of cap management and the general no-bull**** culture within the locker room and within the organization.

The Wings, as an organization, want younger players to be "team players." All organizations want this, but the Wings are especially big on it. The understanding is that the extra-long tour of duty in the AHL and the modest two- or three-year bridge deal are, in a way, loyalty tests. Put your head down, don't make a fuss, take the public shaming from Blashill and Devellano in stride, and when it's time for your big deal, you'll be handsomely rewarded. You'll be a Wing for life and will want for nothing. This is how the Wings roll, for better or for worse.

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If your logic was correct, Lucic would be making more than McDavid.  But he's not, is he.  Experience carries a certain value.  It's one of the intangibles that can earn a player a larger contract.  But TALENT is the driving factor in a player's pay.  Our stupid GM, and a lot of his slappy fans, uhhh hem .. kickazz .. uhhh hh hem, fail to realize this.  That's why we have so many marginal players signed to bad contracts right now.

@kickazz @Euro_Twins Bill's bait has been set...question is....do you bite?

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

There used to be hundreds of people on these boards at any given time.  Add the plastics and a few overzealous mods = ghost town.  It's sad, because this place used to be poppin.  Oh well, I guess.

I love this!

Ya has nothing to do with the board troll who keeps getting banned but coming back.

When were their hundreds of people on this board at a time?

Edited by kliq

There used to be hundreds of people on these boards at any given time.  Add the plastics and a few overzealous mods = ghost town.  It's sad, because this place used to be poppin.  Oh well, I guess.

I love this!

I didn't know you were a plastic...

Who let him in to our group?

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I love this!

You mean there is a strong correlation between Red Wings success and activity on a Red Wings forum? Whooda thunk it?!

7 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If your logic was correct, Lucic would be making more than McDavid.  But he's not, is he.  Experience carries a certain value.  It's one of the intangibles that can earn a player a larger contract.  But TALENT is the driving factor in a player's pay.  Our stupid GM, and a lot of his slappy fans, uhhh hem .. kickazz .. uhhh hh hem, fail to realize this.  That's why we have so many marginal players signed to bad contracts right now.

McDavid is among the small percent of guys that teams skip the bridge deals for and try to lock up long term. You must realize that. McDavid's long term deal is like a UFA in terms of money since he would have just signed a bridge deal if they didn't offer something on the scale of a UFA type deal. The short RFA bridge deals is what E_T was talking about. They're not comparable to UFA deals (a.k.a Helm).

So what's up with Athanasiou? I thought the agent said he'd make his decision this week and it's Friday, so....

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Stop talking about CRL/Number9/Mindfly like that.

Mindfly was you dummy.

9 hours ago, kliq said:

@kickazz @Euro_Twins Bill's bait has been set...question is....do you bite?

Ohhhh but I think the one that took the bait was Jonas himself. Haven't you forgotten how he got banned last time? You just have to push him a little and his mouth lets the bannable words out ;) 

This version of Bill has learned from past mistakes and becomes a good little boy when he goes too far.

The question is.. do we pull the trigger or keep the entertainment going? I say keep it going.

Edited by kickazz

6 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I love this!

You talk about how good the past was ... it's almost as if you were there ... bill 

AA should get roughly $2 mil a year on a 2 year deal right now, a little more on a 3 year deal.  i'd be more than fine with him at $2.5 mil, because he's likely to outperform that.  You should be willing to overpay guys who are projecting up, thinking he'll be overpaid now, but the last year or two of the deal he'll be good value.  if you think a player might be a bad value at the end of the deal, he should be a higher end player (Zetterberg, Kronwall pre-injury) who you can't afford to lose.  You don't overpay grinders approaching their 30th birthday and who will likely trend down, and who are only arguably worth what they make now but are almost guaranteed to be overpaid by quite a bit at the end of the deal.

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Is that 1546 individual members on-line, or does that count multiple visits?  And how many were sock puppet accounts?

And does it really count if half of them were Bill/Axe/Jonas/Mindfly etc. etc. etc.

2 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Is that 1546 individual members on-line, or does that count multiple visits?  And how many were sock puppet accounts?

It's individual members online. Makes sense. 2007 Red Wings were probably the most popular team in North America at the time. 

I used to be an active member of hockeyfights.com in 2007 and they would easily have thousand members online at once as well. And Red Wings were the most talked about team even there (even though we didn't really have many fighters). 

Now, hockeyfights.com is dead and so are most other hockeyforums in general. It's all about twitter, instagram and facebook now to be honest. Follow the Wings there and you'll find people arguing over stuff every time someone posts a picture. 

Edited by kickazz

I like Twitter, but Facebook and Instagram along with Snapchat are for wives looking to relive their high school days and hook up with old boyfriends. It makes them act like pre-teen little girls. 

Anyhow, I'll never leave here, even when AA is not signed and I quit watching games until Holland is gone, I'll still be here cursing his name for the many atrocities he has committed.