• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Athanasiou Signed 1 year $1.4 mil

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

So in other words, Frk will be demoted to the 4th line or press box... Awesome...

Don't see Frk in the pressbox that will be Witkowski and Booth, Probably AA-Nielsen-Frk and Helm on the 4th line with Glendening and Wilson at least that's how i'd have it any ways.

Just now, Dabura said:

Probably, but not necessarily.

The only other way is if Abdelkader is demoted to the 4th line, and I doubt that... I'm not a fan of Abby in the top 6, but if he is (and he will be), I'd prefer him with Zetterberg... If there's one player that can get him going, it's Z. It also adds depth down the lineup. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this...

Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Mantha - Larkin - Frk

Athanasiou - Nielsen - Tatar

Wilson - Helm - Glendening

Frk and Tatar are interchangeable.

That would give us three strong "offensive" lines and a solid checking line.

2 minutes ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Don't see Frk in the pressbox that will be Witkowski and Booth, Probably AA-Nielsen-Frk and Helm on the 4th line with Glendening and Wilson at least that's how i'd have it any ways.

I agree. But what we would like to see, and what will happen, is often quite different...

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Athanasiou-Zetterberg-Mantha

Larkin-Nielsen-Frk

Helm-Nyquist-Tatar

Wilson-Glendening-Abdelkader

Burner-Playmaker-Goal Scorer

Nyquist isn't a center. Larkin is a center, and has proven to be a very good one so far this season. Why would you move him to the wing? Makes no sense...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

The only other way is if Abdelkader is demoted to the 4th line, and I doubt that... I'm not a fan of Abby in the top 6, but if he is (and he will be), I'd prefer him with Zetterberg... If there's one player that can get him going, it's Z. It also adds depth down the lineup. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this...

Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Mantha - Larkin - Frk

Athanasiou - Nielsen - Tatar

Wilson - Helm - Glendening

Frk and Tatar are interchangeable.

That would give us three strong "offensive" lines and a solid checking line.

I agree. But what we would like to see, and what will happen, is often quite different...

True dat we're talking Blashill here so any thing can and will happen.

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Oh lord.  You havent learned that they are all just playing F yet?  

There was a time not long ago when we had 7-8 natural centers in our lineup.  We didnt double shift the 4 wingers.

What are you talking about? So you're saying there's no difference between center and wing? Seriously? What does having 7-8 natural centers in our lineup have to do with anything? Nyquist isn't one of them. He's a natural winger, and shouldn't be relied on to play anything but. F*** it! Why not throw Tatar on defense while we're at it...

22 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Oh lord.  You havent learned that they are all just playing F yet?  

There was a time not long ago when we had 7-8 natural centers in our lineup.  We didnt double shift the 4 wingers.

Centers can play wing. Wings can't play center. It's not rocket science. And no, being forced into a face off doesn't mean you're playing center.

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What are you talking about? So you're saying there's no difference between center and wing? Seriously? What does having 7-8 natural centers in our lineup have to do with anything? Nyquist isn't one of them. He's a natural winger, and shouldn't be relied on to play anything but. F*** it! Why not throw Tatar on defense while we're at it...

AA is an offensive force but rode the pine for large periods of time cause he wouldn't play defense. I guess Tatar on Defense makes sense.

27 minutes ago, Son of a Wing said:

Centers can play wing. Wings can't play center. It's not rocket science. And no, being forced into a face off doesn't mean you're playing center.

You mean his career total of 31 face-offs (35.5%) isn't enough to justify converting him to a regular center over Larkin?...

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

What is Helm?

Natural center, playing wing... Not a natural winger, playing center. HUGE difference...

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Maybe that's why he sucks. He's a natural center who should be between Larkin and Zberg

We've been looking for a 1C for a while now, maybe he's been on our D the entire time!

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I think this just proves he is either trolling, or doesn't actually understand hockey.

8 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I think it proves that you 2 dont understand that all the forwards on our team are interchangeable for the most part.  

I agree with this. Most team use a system where the first forward back assumes the centers duties of supporting the puck and helping the defense out down low while the last 2 guys back watch the points. Plus with all the cycling and defense jumping into the play and joining the cycle down low players are forced to interchange positions all the time.

17 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I think it proves that you 2 dont understand that all the forwards on our team are interchangeable for the most part.  

For the most part? I'll agree that Zetterberg, Nielsen, Larkin, Athanasiou, Helm, Glendening, and possibly even Abdelkader are interchangeable. As in they are natural centers (or have played center in the past) that can play wing. You can't just throw any winger (Nyquist, Tatar, Mantha, Frk) at center and expect them to excel. I could get behind trying Nyquist at center, if Zetterberg, Nielsen and Larkin all went down to injury, but not just to swap one of them out just for the sake of it. Not to mention you're advocating taking out our future 1 / 2 C... It makes ZERO sense.

12 minutes ago, BinMucker94 said:

I agree with this. Most team use a system where the first forward back assumes the centers duties of supporting the puck and helping the defense out down low while the last 2 guys back watch the points. Plus with all the cycling and defense jumping into the play and joining the cycle down low players are forced to interchange positions all the time.

Sure, once the puck is dropped, and covering players in the defensive zone, or cycling in the offensive zone, but not to actually take draws.

For poops and laughs I'd like to see that #2 PP line as a regular line and see what happens: Mantha, Larkin, Frk, AA, Green. Stick whichever would be best on the blue line, the other D suck, at least it'd be fun to watch.

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Maybe that's why he sucks. He's a natural center who should be between Larkin and Zberg

This would actually be more entertaining to watch than what I have witnessed the last 2 games.

3 hours ago, BadgerBob said:

For poops and laughs I'd like to see that #2 PP line as a regular line and see what happens: Mantha, Larkin, Frk, AA, Green. Stick whichever would be best on the blue line, the other D suck, at least it'd be fun to watch.

If AA doesn't play defense, give him the Bowman-Federov treatment and put him in as a defensemen. It certainly couldn't get any worse.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Isn't it ironic that Frk's jersey looks like a tombstone? RIP buddy.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie