• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

Zetterberg's status in 2 years. MOD WARNING PAGE 6

Rate this topic

This is excellent news.  We'll be terrible again this year.  Hopefully Holland hold Zadina and Hronek out of the lineup until after he trades Nyquist and Daly at the deadline and the Wings are solidly in a lottery spot.  Imagine...

Bert-Larkin-Mantha

Vanek-Neilsen-AA

Frk-Helm-Abby

Helm-Glen-Ras

We'll get crushed.  One more terrible year and we'll sitting pretty going into next year's draft with a boatload of picks in another deep draft.  Yes please.

Lol. Probably known since shortly after his dips*** comments in that Swedish paper. Holland called him up, like:

"Hey Z, just wanted to let you know how sorry I was to hear about how crippling your back injury got next year."

"What? My back's fi..."

"Yeah, must be tough. Also, the internet's a thing, not sure if you knew that. Oh well, see you at your LTIRetirement party next fall."

7 hours ago, kipwinger said:

This is all a charade.  I think he's known since the end of the season that he wasn't going to play and they're just saying all the right things to make it seem like an injury and not a retirement. 

Could be. I think there's a tendency for most people to try and find the watchmaker in most things they care about though. I do it myself sometimes. Could also easily be a man who's played through a tough injury and is finally considering giving up the game he loves. Guess we'll only know what's reported.

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Could be. I think there's a tendency for most people to try and find the watchmaker in most things they care about though. I do it myself sometimes. Could also easily be a man who's played through a tough injury and is finally considering giving up the game he loves. Guess we'll only know what's reported.

Are those things mutually exclusive? Couldn't this all be a charade AND a guy's played through a tough injury and is now hanging em' up to go golfing and hang out with his supermodel wife?

Would love to see him cross that 1k pt mark, but if he's hurting that badly then he should call it a career. Clearly he loves hockey, but there are more important things in life, he's still a young man with a lot of years ahead. Plus the guy has garnered all the accolades/hardware already, there's nothing left for him to prove...this team isn't going to be a contender with or without #40. 

21 minutes ago, solarion said:

Would love to see him cross that 1k pt mark, but if he's hurting that badly then he should call it a career. Clearly he loves hockey, but there are more important things in life, he's still a young man with a lot of years ahead. Plus the guy has garnered all the accolades/hardware already, there's nothing left for him to prove...this team isn't going to be a contender with or without #40. 

Pretty much how I feel. I selfishly want to see him play one more season (or three), but he's done more than enough for this organization over the past 15 years. He needs to take care of his body and think about his future with his family. I'd love to see him hit the 1000 point plateau though. He'd likely need another 70ish games to do it though, and I'm not sure he has that left in the tank...

Like others have said I would really like to see him hit that 1k mark, but if he can't play he can't play and that's fine. This may just be me, but I've been surprised by every game he's played post back surgery, he's got that Dan Cleary level heart. Awesome captain, awesome career. 

I think Nielsen is a capable 2C. He kind of got screwed with his role on this team being used as a shut down player. With PP time and better line mates he’ll bounce back to his 50 point form. Move Helm back to center and maybe these overpaid guys can bounce back and become tradeable.

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha

Rasmussen-Nielsen-Nyquist

Anthanisou-Helm-Vanek

Abdelkader-Glendening-Frk

Pretty ugly and will looks even worse after the deadline. Replacing Nyquist and Vanek with Zadina and Svechnikov will be nice to see but it’s going to be a mess for a while. I think Svechnikov needs to get the Mantha treatment and get his s*** together in the AHL

2 hours ago, kylee said:

I guess I'm still not over Datsyuk retiring either :no:

Yeah.

I'm still hoping #5s jersey will be "un-retired", given back to its rightful owner, and the last 6 seasons will be declared a mistake. Man could the Wings use a Nicklas Lidström in his prime about now.

8 hours ago, solarion said:

Yeah.

I'm still hoping #5s jersey will be "un-retired", given back to its rightful owner, and the last 6 seasons will be declared a mistake. Man could the Wings use a Nicklas Lidström in his prime about now.

Hell, I'll take a 48 year old Lidström over any of our current D.

On 8/11/2018 at 7:33 AM, kipwinger said:

Are those things mutually exclusive? Couldn't this all be a charade AND a guy's played through a tough injury and is now hanging em' up to go golfing and hang out with his supermodel wife?

Does the tin man have a sheet metal cock? It's all speculation, that was my point.

Khan expects Zadina, Rasmussen, Hronek to make team. Expects Zetterberg has already played his last game :(

He mentions Larkin will probably get an A, and one of Nielsen or Dekeyser will probably get Kronwall's A. Red Wings probably won't name a new captain until Z officially retires.

If we qualify for the playoffs there is a possibility Z could be our deadline acquisition :ninja:

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Khan expects Zadina, Rasmussen, Hronek to make team. Expects Zetterberg has already played his last game :(

He mentions Larkin will probably get an A, and one of Nielsen or Dekeyser will probably get Kronwall's A. Red Wings probably won't name a new captain until Z officially retires.

If we qualify for the playoffs there is a possibility Z could be our deadline acquisition :ninja:

Wings get 2nd wildcard.

Z unretires.

Wins 2nd Conn Smythe

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Wings get 2nd wildcard.

Z unretires.

Wins 2nd Conn Smythe

All he has to do is pass the f***in physical and he can play. Godamit. 

I was watching this 40 minute video someone put together of some of his goals scored. Epic highlights. 60 something game winning goals 

Edited by kickazz