• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BigWinston

2017/2018 Season Targets

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone...  Happy Summer!

I'm greatly looking forward to the start of the new season in a couple of months time and it got me wondering about what would be a "good" 2017/18 season for the wings.

I think we all accept winning the cup is an long outside shot at best, so where's the bar set for you on whether the season is a success or not?

Curious to hear your thoughts.

BW

I'm more so looking forward to see how individuals perform this season rather than the team as a whole. I'd just like to see a clear direction with management and better systems and player usage from coaching.

I think on paper we should be a slightly better team, which isn't necessarily a good thing. I'd like to see us trade off a couple bad contracts, give the kids ample playing time, finish around where we did last season, and get lucky in the draft lottery with a top 3 pick.

On 8/23/2017 at 2:04 PM, DickieDunn said:

Best case is Blashidiot coaches them to a last place finish and they win the lottery.  Worse case is they're close to the playoffs and Holland makes a move to get in because "you never know what will happen."

Remember when Babcocks voice was too stale and Blashill was a "good move"? Number9 remembers. 

Everytime someone around here praises the leafs rebuild, remind them that they and 90% of this fanbase thought it was just the beesssss kneessss ditching the best coach in hockey. We wont find another coach of that caliber for a while most likely

30 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Remember when Babcocks voice was too stale and Blashill was a "good move"? Number9 remembers. 

Everytime someone around here praises the leafs rebuild, remind them that they and 90% of this fanbase thought it was just the beesssss kneessss ditching the best coach in hockey. We wont find another coach of that caliber for a while most likely

I thought Babcock's time was done in Detroit, but I wasn't convinced Blash was the correct choice either.  I thought Blash might be too much like Babs.  I was right in part, he tries to be like Mike, only he's not nearly as smart.