• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

DRW Training Camp 2017

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, BinMucker94 said:

I hope XO can steal Es spot in the line up. I feel like this could be his year to break out.

I'm still trying to understand what folk's fascination with XO is.  I'm not being mean or judgy - I'm seriously interested in what people see? 

When I watch him play I see a mediocre skater with marginally larger than average size.  His speed is one of his serious flaws and I saw it repetitively in losing puck chases into corners last year.  He really reminds me of Brian Lashoff with better offensive potential.  Nothing over the top, but somewhat steady for the most part.  If that is what other see, then I guess I get it - that at least he isn't lazy and doesn't suck?  How is he that much different than any of our other #6 - #10 defensemen?

I'm Ron Burgundy?

41 minutes ago, swedishconnection said:

I'm still trying to understand what folk's fascination with XO is.  I'm not being mean or judgy - I'm seriously interested in what people see? 

When I watch him play I see a mediocre skater with marginally larger than average size.  His speed is one of his serious flaws and I saw it repetitively in losing puck chases into corners last year.  He really reminds me of Brian Lashoff with better offensive potential.  Nothing over the top, but somewhat steady for the most part.  If that is what other see, then I guess I get it - that at least he isn't lazy and doesn't suck?  How is he that much different than any of our other #6 - #10 defensemen?

I'm Ron Burgundy?

I've always liked his vision. I can think of a number of instances where he has put the puck right on a shooters stick with that shooter being in a prime position to score. I think he is a solid defender, and I don't really notice a ton of mistakes. IMO he is a very good 3rd pairing D-man.

1 hour ago, swedishconnection said:

I'm Ron Burgundy?

I think XO has spent his time in the pros rounding out his defensive game for the NHL level. He's pretty solid, at least for what this team has. He plays a smart safe game but he's always had the extra offensive ability. I feel that this is the year for him to utilize his offense more. He's pretty good at picking his times to join the rush but I think if he's a little more aggressive he could break out offensively. In my opinion he has all the tools to be a really good top 4 defenseman in the NHL. I also don't find him to be any slower than any of our other defenseman. DK and Ericsson are both pylons out there and Kronwall doesn't have any knees.

4 hours ago, Dabura said:

So it's looking like...

Tatar  Zetterberg  Nyquist
Abdelkader  Larkin  Mantha
Athanasiou  Nielsen  Helm
Bertuzzi  Sheahan  Glendening

DeKeyser  Daley
Kronwall  Green
Ericsson  Jensen

...I think?

Yup once AA resigns and it sounds like it could be in the next couple of days, That pretty much is our season opening lineup at least from what Blashill and Holland were saying outside of any injuries of course.

7 hours ago, Dabura said:

So it's looking like...

Tatar  Zetterberg  Nyquist
Abdelkader  Larkin  Mantha
Athanasiou  Nielsen  Helm
Bertuzzi  Sheahan  Glendening

DeKeyser  Daley
Kronwall  Green
Ericsson  Jensen

...I think?

That is highly unlikely due to the cap situation. Might be possible if we were to dump both Ouellet and Sproul, and let Witkowski serve double-duty as both 13th F and 7th D, but I don't see that happening. Could also work if Mrazek gets dealt, but I don't think the interest is out there right now for that.

Assuming no one gets hurt, Sheahan seems to be the only realistic trade candidate, then either go with just 12 F or dump one of Ouellet/Sproul and sign Parenteau or call up Svech. Though I'm guessing someone will end up hurt.

I was away for the weekend, so wasn't able to keep track of much of the action over the weekend. Thanks to those providing updates though. Greatly appreciated. I will be watching the Red and White game this afternoon though. Looking forward to it.

8 hours ago, Buppy said:

That is highly unlikely due to the cap situation. Might be possible if we were to dump both Ouellet and Sproul, and let Witkowski serve double-duty as both 13th F and 7th D, but I don't see that happening. Could also work if Mrazek gets dealt, but I don't think the interest is out there right now for that.

Assuming no one gets hurt, Sheahan seems to be the only realistic trade candidate, then either go with just 12 F or dump one of Ouellet/Sproul and sign Parenteau or call up Svech. Though I'm guessing someone will end up hurt.

Right. I wasn't really considering the cap situation, just saying those appear to be Blashill's ideal lines and pairings, cap situation be damned.

Kronwall might go straight to LTIR, though it sounds like he'll be suiting up for Game 1. Someone will probably get hurt in a preseason game. There are whispers that the Pens are interested in Sheahan...

26 minutes ago, BinMucker94 said:

Anyone know what time the Red and White game is and if it will be streamed anywhere?

12:00 p.m. EST.

It will be streamed live on MyFoxDetroit.com. I'm not sure if it's being broadcasted anywhere else, so if anyone else knows of another stream, let us know.

Team Red

Svechnikov - Larkin - Mantha

Helm - Rasmussen - Parenteau

Booth - Elson - Witkowski

Ford - Turgeon - Campbell

DeKeyser - Daley

Hicketts - McIlrath

Sulak - Russo

Mrazek

McCollum

Team White

Tatar - Street - Nyquist

Bertuzzi - Sheahan - Glendening

Lorito - Holmstrom - Frk

Esposito - Elkins - Sadowy

Cholowski - Jensen

Ouellet - Saarijarvi

Renouf - Hronek

Howard

Coreau

Apparently the game is not going to be streamed... :glare:

52 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Team Red

Svechnikov - Larkin - Mantha

Helm - Rasmussen - Parenteau

Booth - Elson - Witkowski

Ford - Turgeon - Campbell

DeKeyser - Daley

Hicketts - McIlrath

Sulak - Russo

Mrazek

McCollum

Team White

Tatar - Street - Nyquist

Bertuzzi - Sheahan - Glendening

Lorito - Holmstrom - Frk

Esposito - Elkins - Sadowy

Cholowski - Jensen

Ouellet - Saarijarvi

Renouf - Hronek

Howard

Coreau

Apparently the game is not going to be streamed... :glare:

Pretty sure that our future #1 line will be Svechnikov-Larkin-Mantha can't wait that line should be exciting and dangerous to watch.

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

End of 1st, Red 3 vs White 0

Daley, from Mantha and Helm

Mantha, from Sulak and Rasmussen

Larkin, from Russo and Mantha

Mantha with a goal and two assists so far. Can't wait to watch him rip it up this season.

I'm hoping Larkin and Mantha develop some special chemistry. Euro NA Twins FTW.

Game over. White comes from behind and wins 5-4.

Lorito, from Frk and Holmstrom

Sadowy, unassisted

Elkins, from Cholowski and Sadowy

Bertuzzi, unassisted

Sulak, from Hicketts

Tatar, from Jensen and Nyquist

Edited by krsmith17

On 9/16/2017 at 10:55 AM, Jonas Mahonas said:

Why the f are we not getting Rasmussen and Svechnikov into the mix?  What is there to lose right now?

Vets will all bounce back ,play like they're 29 and healthy, and the team will win the Cup.  At least that's what Kenny hopes