No registered users viewing this page.

sputman

P.A. Parenateau PTO

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, Dabura said:

"Why does God hate me?" - Martin Frk, 2017

You suck-God, 2017

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

No harm in PTO's, just increases competition. However I'd be surprised if either Parenteau or Booth are signed to contracts by the Red Wings. No roster spots and no cap space.

There will be roster spots, but they'd have to take a minimum salary deal after Holland clears cap space.

32 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

You suck-God, 2017

There will be roster spots, but they'd have to take a minimum salary deal after Holland clears cap space.

There will be roster spots if Athanasiou doesn't get a contract and no one from Grand Rapids starts in Detroit.

After Holland clears cap space? Can't wait for that to happen...

19 hours ago, Echolalia said:

so when Parenateau rubs someone out against the boards is it called a pap smear?

Zing!

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

No harm in PTO's, just increases competition. However I'd be surprised if either Parenteau or Booth are signed to contracts by the Red Wings. No roster spots and no cap space.

$1.4M....thats $700K each. I'm sure they take it.

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Where are we getting the $1.4M?

Athanasiou update

The lone unsigned restricted free agent on the roster is forward Andreas Athanasiou. And it’s likely to stay that way for a little while, as the Red Wings deal with the salary cap issues.

General manager Ken Holland said he’s exchanged offers with Athanasiou’s representatives as talks continue.

The Red Wings will get $3.95 million of salary-cap relief with Johan Franzen gets placed on long-term injured reserve (LTIR), but that will only leave approximately $1.4 million for signing Athanasiou (likely not enough money) and recalling a player from Grand Rapids during the season if someone goes on short-term IR.

It was Kulfan. In his Butcher article. Not sure where he got $1.4M either, but that's where I read it.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2017/08/14/red-wings-among-suitors-fa-defenseman-butcher/104608544/

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I think I read it on a Malik Report. Not sure. I will try to hunt it down, but I am 100% positive I read it in some report talking about AA.

I don't think that article is correct. I'm pretty sure we're left with $933,333 after Franzen is placed on LTIR.

As I said previously, there would be minimal space if Athanasiou isn't re-signed. I think he will be signed though. Something's gotta give.

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think that article is correct. I'm pretty sure we're left with $933,333 after Franzen is placed on LTIR.

As I said previously, there would be minimal space if Athanasiou isn't re-signed. I think he will be signed though. Something's gotta give.

You're right, I made the same mistake in a previous post. The 1.4mil number is NOT taking into consideration the "CARRYOVER BONUS OVERAGES" from last season which are $457,500.

meh, its a PTO. Doesnt hurt anything to give him a looksie. Would prefer him on this team over some of the plugs. I like the fact that he's a righty, Wings are short on those at forward. Also, he led the Laffs in points a couple years ago, I believe. Could use more offense too. A decent replacement if AA bolts for the KHL. Assuming they can fit him in under the salary cap.

if Booth is over his Concussion issues and plays hard then he'd be a decent 8-12 guy and PA has the tools to come in and put up 30-35 points on the top 9. On the other hand id sooner get Svech up full time with little Bert than sign guys that will keep them in GR another year. This roster will struggle to make the post season so id rather have the kids get 50-60 games under their belts which will help in the long run. 

46 minutes ago, RusDRW said:

I have a feeling we'll sign one or both... Athanasiou will play in Russia while Svechnikov and Bertuzzin in GR. It is becoming more and more frustrating.

Try not to get frustrated about things that haven't happened.  

40 minutes ago, RusDRW said:

I have a feeling we'll sign one or both... Athanasiou will play in Russia while Svechnikov and Bertuzzin in GR. It is becoming more and more frustrating.

No way we'll sign both. I'd say Parenteau has a decent chance IF Athanasiou goes to Russia, but I don't see that happening either.

A deal will be worked out with AA to stay in Detroit over the next couple weeks. Bertuzzi should make the team as a 4th line winger out of camp. He will have to beat out Witkowski, Parenteau and Booth. Svechnikov will likely start the season in Grand Rapids, and be first on the list of call-ups. I'd be okay with that. Let him play (dominate) in Grand Rapids to start the season the way Mantha did last season.