• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Evgeny Svechnikov

Rate this topic

On 12/8/2017 at 5:57 PM, xault said:

Anything new on this kid?

5 points in 20 games and a -6 for the Griffins so far this season. Looks like the entire team is struggling tho. I’m not sure what’s going on down there. Anyone been watching the Griffins this year?

Tough year for Geno to date. Missed much of training camp and plaaying on a struggling team. I wonder were are all the negative comments from the RW's leadership? When Mantha went through this everyone was questioning his work ethic... saying he was very very disappointing.... etc.... Well Geno was drafted higher than Mantha was and not a peep. Paging Jimmy D.... come on man be consistant! Or do we only bash french canadian players?

1 hour ago, Richdg said:

Tough year for Geno to date. Missed much of training camp and plaaying on a struggling team. I wonder were are all the negative comments from the RW's leadership? When Mantha went through this everyone was questioning his work ethic... saying he was very very disappointing.... etc.... Well Geno was drafted higher than Mantha was and not a peep. Paging Jimmy D.... come on man be consistant! Or do we only bash french canadian players?

I don't think the same sort of expectations that were on Mantha were ever placed on Svechnikov, despite their draft position. I think Svechnikov's ceiling has always been middle six winger, whereas Mantha, the sky was (is) the limit. I don't like players being called out in the media by management, but I completely understand the organization being harder on the higher end players. But yeah, Svech is having a rough season to put it mildly. The team has been utterly bad, but that's no excuse. He needs to be MUCH better, and in my opinion he has been very, very disappointing...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think the same sort of expectations that were on Mantha were ever placed on Svechnikov, despite their draft position. I think Svechnikov's ceiling has always been middle six winger, whereas Mantha, the sky was (is) the limit. I don't like players being called out in the media by management, but I completely understand the organization being harder on the higher end players. But yeah, Svech is having a rough season to put it mildly. The team has been utterly bad, but that's no excuse. He needs to be MUCH better, and in my opinion he has been very, very disappointing...

I hope he has a good second half. He started out this year playing on the 3rd line, worked up to the second, now I see he is back to the 3rd line. Might just end up being a lost year. I hope not because there are 3 F positions open in Detroit next season. Geno, Ras, and Lil Bert need to take hold of those positions.

20 hours ago, Richdg said:

I hope he has a good second half. He started out this year playing on the 3rd line, worked up to the second, now I see he is back to the 3rd line. Might just end up being a lost year. I hope not because there are 3 F positions open in Detroit next season. Geno, Ras, and Lil Bert need to take hold of those positions.

Witkowski's signed for next year so there's probably only 2 spots available. Unless Green's not brought back and no one fills his spot on D.

I think Bert takes Booth's spot and Ras will at least start in GR and will probably play a at least a full year there.

1 hour ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Witkowski's signed for next year so there's probably only 2 spots available. Unless Green's not brought back and no one fills his spot on D.

I think Bert takes Booth's spot and Ras will at least start in GR and will probably play a at least a full year there.

without moves we dont have the cap space to bring back green. I want to see all 3 in detroit not so much becasue I think all are ready, but I think they can learn more from working with Z every day for at least 1 full year. Bert is as good as he is going to get, Svechnikov has good ability but having a rough year and Rasmussen looked really good in the preseason. If he looks that good again its going to be hard to so no. At least I hope!

2 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Rasmussen has to play in Detroit or back in Tri-City again next season, will not be eligible to play in Grand Rapids. I agree with Bertuzzi taking Booth's spot in the lineup. If Svechnikov doesn't get his game back on track, he could be looking at another season down in GR.

43 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Rasmussen has to play in Detroit or back in Tri-City again next season, will not be eligible to play in Grand Rapids. I agree with Bertuzzi taking Booth's spot in the lineup. If Svechnikov doesn't get his game back on track, he could be looking at another season down in GR.

that would be logical, but in the cap era cheap young players are needed to round out a roster.

As for Rasmussen yes. I think he will learn and develop much more playing with Z, practicing with Z, and working out with Z every day than he will in junior for 1 more year.

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I was thinking of the fact that Mantha only went back to the QMJHL for 1 year after being drafting, but that must have had something to do with where his birthday falls and he must have turned 20 before that potential 4th CHL year.

But I think you're right because Ras will only be 19 when next season starts.

Anyway, I meant more that I doubt that he'll make the team next year. Especially when guys coming off KILLER junior years, like AA and Mantha, failed to do the same in that situation. Maybe with the team being in a different place it'll be different, but I think hell have to really get it going to be in consideration. 

And agreed on Svech.

Now you guys have me considering next year's D corp being the same minus Green...ugghh. Then again maybe HIcketts, Hronek or Cholowski grab a spot? Still rough  

3 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I was thinking of the fact that Mantha only went back to the QMJHL for 1 year after being drafting, but that must have had something to do with where his birthday falls and he must have turned 20 before that potential 4th CHL year.

But I think you're right because Ras will only be 19 when next season starts.

Anyway, I meant more that I doubt that he'll make the team next year. Especially when guys coming off KILLER junior years, like AA and Mantha, failed to do the same in that situation. Maybe with the team being in a different place it'll be different, but I think hell have to really get it going to be in consideration. 

And agreed on Svech.

Now you guys have me considering next year's D corp being the same minus Green...ugghh. Then again maybe HIcketts, Hronek or Cholowski grab a spot? Still rough  

Yeah, Mantha was older in his draft year. I agree on Ras. I think he'll have to really up his game, and come into camp next season and dominate. He was good in training camp this year, and he produced, but he was far from dominant. I'd love nothing more than to see him make the team sooner than later though.

Regarding next year's defense, you're forgetting about Dahlin... ;)

Geno has 3 goals in the last 2 games. Lets hope he is starting to warm up! Still 40ish games left in GR's season. Love to see him get to 20+ by the end of the year. He has 5 atm IIRC. 15 in 40 or so is doable for a guy with his talent.

But if he stays hot for a while bringing him to Detroit after the deadline would also be good. Get him 20ish NHL games to get a better judge of where he is at development wise.

On 1/3/2018 at 4:16 PM, Richdg said:

Geno has 3 goals in the last 2 games. Lets hope he is starting to warm up! Still 40ish games left in GR's season. Love to see him get to 20+ by the end of the year. He has 5 atm IIRC. 15 in 40 or so is doable for a guy with his talent.

But if he stays hot for a while bringing him to Detroit after the deadline would also be good. Get him 20ish NHL games to get a better judge of where he is at development wise.

He's not very good. Probably not getting a call up anytime soon. Other guys on the team have eclipsed him this year.

After a really rough start Geno is playing better. On Christmas day he had played 26 games had 2 goals 3 assists and was -8. Those number for a full AHL season come out to 6 goals 9 assists and a -24..... Yuck.

Since then Geno has played 21 games with 5 goals 10 assists and is +5. Over a full season that comes out to 18 goals 36 assists and a +18. Which is about the same as last season. Not dominating numbers but a nice rebound to a really bad start. Last year he had 20 goals and 31 assists IIRC.

On 2/22/2018 at 6:11 PM, Richdg said:

After a really rough start Geno is playing better. On Christmas day he had played 26 games had 2 goals 3 assists and was -8. Those number for a full AHL season come out to 6 goals 9 assists and a -24..... Yuck.

Since then Geno has played 21 games with 5 goals 10 assists and is +5. Over a full season that comes out to 18 goals 36 assists and a +18. Which is about the same as last season. Not dominating numbers but a nice rebound to a really bad start. Last year he had 20 goals and 31 assists IIRC.

Kid sucks. Probably the next Mrazek TBH.